Will a moderate republican(Mitt romney/John Mccain types) ever win the republican presidential primary ever again.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
That's your opinion
By republican's and US's standard, He was a moderate.

Let me guess, you don't think so because he was a war monger
newsflash, 90 percent of democrats in washington are war mongers as well, I guess that makes them all ultra conservative dems

John McCain wasn’t a moderate. What other moderate would you compare him to? Mitt Romney? :laugh:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Nah. Trump is a cult. When he loses--and I do mean when, but lets be real it unfortunately won't be a landslide-Trump himself will not go away. He will rally his cult base around the election being stolen and the deep state indicting him out of corruption. There are plenty of losers who were elected as real post-Trump white supremacists like Ron DeSantis, and even the Vivek Ramaswamy grifters of the world, who will take up the white supremacist "MAGA" conservative cause.

In fact its not so much the voters, or the politicans, but the right wing media apparatus that will determine the future of the party. Trump became the leader of the conservative because he was annointed by the conservative media, not the party itself who wanted him to go away. People who identify as conservatives are dumb reactionary sheep who belive "the liberal mainstream media is lieing", repeat whatever they're told by their extreme media figures, and then projects their behavior onto liberals. Media figures like Charlie Kirk, Matt Walsh, Candace Owen, Crowder, Knowles, and entire networks like Fox News, Newsmax, Dailywire. These people and companies have made it big embracing white supremacy, their audience have stayed glued to this shyt like its a drug, and by the end of the day they care more about money above all else. And if supporting Trump at any cost, defending racism, and sensationalized shyt about blacks, guys, and immigrants is what the viewers want and is making them endless bread, that will continue being the conservative movement.

They collectively believe in and do what their media tells them, and their media does what keeps viewers watching and makes them money. Even if they have to lie. And our political discourse and stability as a society suffers for what these greedy bigots do. There's no room for and no turning back to wholesome moderate conservative figures who want to work with liberals and agree with the left on some things. That don't make money no more and it ain't going back.
Excellent post

With regards to the highlighted point, you could see it play out in real time as most conservative pundits and politicians criticised Jan 6 initially as it unfolded
but changed tune the moment right wing media started downplaying it, deflecting and brazenly spread the flase conspiracy that it was orchestrated by antifa and the FBI

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The answer is no the modern republican party is a white supremacy haven

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy we went from Republicans saying "You just want to have a beer with him" to blatant insurrection, treason, and fascism all in the name of protecting a motherfukking reality TV host all because a black man became president. But somehow they're not racist.:gucci:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
John McCain wasn’t a moderate. What other moderate would you compare him to? Mitt Romney? :laugh:

Here's my classification of gop members as reference

Far right/lunatics/ultra right wing- Newt gringrich,Paul Gosar,MTG,Dan patrick, Ron desantis,Matt gaetz,Michelle bachmann et al

right wing-Thomas massie,Mitch mcconnell,James lankford,Tim scott et al

Center right/moderates- Lisa Murkowski ,Mitt romeny,John Mccain,Ken buck,John cornyn et al

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Here's my classification of gop members as reference

Far right/lunatics/ultra right wing- Newt gringrich,Paul Gosar,MTG,Dan patrick, Ron desantis,Matt gaetz,Michelle bachmann et al

right wing-Thomas massie,Mitch mcconnell,James lankford,Tim scott et al

Center right/moderates- Lisa Murkowski ,Mitt romeny,John Mccain,Ken buck,John cornyn et al

You don’t know what you’re talking about and that’s ok.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
You don’t know what you’re talking about and that’s ok.
Ironic since I'm the only one actually making any effort to defend my point. The only thing you have done is make the same inane statement over and over again

How about you actually make your point and state the reason Mccain isn't a moderate

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Intelligent political conversation on the Coli without the use of c00n.
:ehh:
I appreciate this thread.
:myman:
I’m with the poster who said Trump has to die. It’s sad but he can get blown out this year and still would run again in 2028 and probably get the nom.
:mjlol:
His base is ride or die and he has the party in a chokehold.
He will not step back because he loves the attention and himself. He doesn’t give a fukk about America. What a shytbag.
:russ:
I’m not even talking about his politics. If the far right wasn’t racists, they would have a better chance with the American people. They just can’t keep their racists mouths and policies to themselves.
:why:

But why would the MAGA base which is now the republican base switch to a moderate post trump's death instead of just riding with the newer generation of maga like De santis,ted cruz etc

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
The problem is a moderate will be exposed before He/she can ever secure the nomination. oppo research alone will suss them out and Maga opponents do not play fair
It worked for Trump. There was ample evidence to suggest he wasn't a conservative. The image of him hanging out with the Clintons alone should have sunk him but it didn't.

The reason he had support is that he was saying out loud what Republicans just implied. He's offering simple answers to complicated questions and acting as a conduit for the angriest, selfish and entitled desires of Americans.

He theoretically could have been that person that comes in acting like a fascist then immediately starts putting in progressive policies. Many people suspected he was that way, but he proved he wasn't by immediately trying the shyt he said he would. His popularity only grew among his base because they weren't used to someone actually trying the dumb shyt he said he'd do.

A standard conservative won't win. Instead I see them flipping over to the democrats and pushing democrats further right. You'll see more fettermans, sinemas and Mancins popping up in that party. It'll have blue elephants in it and the democrats will just be 2000s Era Republicans.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
It worked for Trump. There was ample evidence to suggest he wasn't a conservative. The image of him hanging out with the Clintons alone should have sunk him but it didn't.

The reason he had support is that he was saying out loud what Republicans just implied. He's offering simple answers to complicated questions and acting as a conduit for the angriest, selfish and entitled desires of Americans.

He theoretically could have been that person that comes in acting like a fascist then immediately starts putting in progressive policies. Many people suspected he was that way, but he proved he wasn't by immediately trying the shyt he said he would. His popularity only grew among his base because they weren't used to someone actually trying the dumb shyt he said he'd do.

A standard conservative won't win. Instead I see them flipping over to the democrats and pushing democrats further right. You'll see more fettermans, sinemas and Mancins popping up in that party. It'll have blue elephants in it and the democrats will just be 2000s Era Republicans.
You make a good point however that deceit would be extremely shortlived just as Kevin mccarthy found out and his successor is about to find out as well

If you aren't maga through and through in policies and attitude, you get the boot

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Ironic since I'm the only one actually making any effort to defend my point. The only thing you have done is make the same inane statement over and over again

How about you actually make your point and state the reason Mccain isn't a moderate

I’ve never not known John McCain to be anything other than a Conservative. I’ve never known him to be a moderate or considered one. It wasn’t until the Trump era that he was wasn’t considered ultra conservative. Only because he pushed back on a few things. Even his vote against the ACA repeal wasn’t moderate or liberal. It was a fukk you to Trump. He was AGAINST the ACA. :laugh:

I’m pretty sure McCain just like Bush wanted to make Social Security private and allow people to invest in the stock market.

He was a lunatic. :laugh: With something growing out his face:laugh:

He picked Sarah Palin. She went on to help shine light on all the other conservatives and ultra conservatives.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
McCain was such a weird politician.

Dude had war on the mind, but he also had a conscience. While Republicans were trying to kill the AHC act, he basically said "you cacs are crazy", gave the thumb down, and went off to die :wow:.

Him and Romney were the last breed of republicans that weren't on some dikkeating psychopathic fukk feelings and destroy the world in the name of Jesus, guns, and Apple pie type of shyt.

Sadly, the old concept of the typical republican is long gone in favor of moderate democrats aka republicans, MAGAts, and ball groping LBTQYABBADABBBADOO liberals.
Never was a McCain fan. People treated him like he was a “maverick” but really he just held grudges against his own party. Bush did him dirty though.