Will a moderate republican(Mitt romney/John Mccain types) ever win the republican presidential primary ever again.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I’ve never not known John McCain to be anything other than a Conservative. I’ve never known him to be a moderate or considered one. It wasn’t until the Trump era that he was wasn’t considered ultra conservative. Only because he pushed back on a few things. Even his vote against the ACA repeal wasn’t moderate or liberal. It was a fukk you to Trump. He was AGAINST the ACA. :laugh:

I’m pretty sure McCain just like Bush wanted to make Social Security private and allow people to invest in the stock market.

He was a lunatic. :laugh: With something growing out his face:laugh:

He picked Sarah Palin. She went on to help shine light on all the other conservatives and ultra conservatives.
Ok who are some of the moderate republicans in your view, past or present

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve never not known John McCain to be anything other than a Conservative. I’ve never known him to be a moderate or considered one. It wasn’t until the Trump era that he was wasn’t considered ultra conservative. Only because he pushed back on a few things. Even his vote against the ACA repeal wasn’t moderate or liberal. It was a fukk you to Trump. He was AGAINST the ACA. :laugh:

I’m pretty sure McCain just like Bush wanted to make Social Security private and allow people to invest in the stock market.

He was a lunatic. :laugh: With something growing out his face:laugh:

He picked Sarah Palin. She went on to help shine light on all the other conservatives and ultra conservatives.
You forgot McCain pushed back on MLK Jr day.
It inspired Public Enemy to make this classic

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Gotta go all out with that crazy shyt to win nowadays. They can tone it down after the W. But I doubt that would happen.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I just can't see it. Those types are outcast and labelled RINO's. It's dipshyts like trump,de santis,MTG types from here on out for atleast multiple decades
no and those two were in less volatile times than we are and still lost.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
There are no moderate republicans. Just because someone will work with a democrat doesn’t make them moderate it makes them vulnerable to voters.

The real thing we should be asking is why the moderates/progressives of their own party are effectively cowards?

the entire GOP has been on code for the last 20+ years, and not a single one of them is brave enough to not go along for the ride.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
They'd probably have to start taking continuous L's in congressional elections before they change to some other platform. If the ultra MAGA racist platform keeps getting them elected and allows them to maintain majorities in the House or Senate, then they won't have a reason to stop.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Liz Cheney was one of the few republicans who admitted this shyt has gone too far.... but in the next few years you're going to see that party eat itself in ways they'd never imagine.

They literally turned their party to a collective of being against ANYTHING the other is for, accepted/promoted conspiracy theorists, anti-intellectualism and just an overall disregard for any type of self reflection.....all to spite a president

The GOP gonna implode and cannibalize itself