Will Black Entertainment ever move out of the DARK AGES???

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
This is a good convo.

nikkas got so woke they don't know how to step out and being courageous.

Also--about Them--we're seeing the rise of creatives who black, but, lowkey hate what blackness is.

That's why people look back at Wayans Bros and Martin and see "c00nery," not black people making art without the binds of white eyes.

They don't know what it's like for black people to express themselves without white eyes.

Daps
We get stuck in nostalgia a bit to much, but for the last 10 years or so Black entertainment movie & show wise have flourished
mainaafca.png

v1.dDs1MTgxMjI7ajsxODgwNzsyMDQ4OzE2MDA7MjQwMA
v1.dDs4NTMxOTE7ajsxODgxMDsyMDQ4OzE0MDA7MjEwMA
v1.dDs2OTgyMDk7ajsxODgwNzsyMDQ4OzE1MDA7MjIyMg
v1.dDsxMzI5MTA7ajsxODc5MTsyMDQ4OzEyMDA7MTYwMA
v1.dDs1ODI2NTQ7ajsxODgxMDsyMDQ4OzE5OTg7Mjk5Nw

v1.dDs0MDkyNzI7ajsxODgxMTsyMDQ4OzEyNTA7MTg3NQ
v1.dDsxNDU5MTY7ajsxODc5MjsyMDQ4OzE1MjU7MjE1OA
v1.dDs1NDcyODU7ajsxODgxMTsyMDQ4OzE5NDQ7Mjg4MA
v1.dDs3MjU0MDE7ajsxODc3NDsyMDQ4OzEyOTY7MTkyMA
v1.dDsxNDgwODE7ajsxODc5NzsyMDQ4OzE1MzY7MjA0OA

v1.dDszMzg3MDI7ajsxODgwMDsyMDQ4OzIwMjQ7MzAzNg
images
images
Black_Box_2020_film_poster.png
zHDi6kdlhV8QhGHz1W4VT_76IVzkfbukIYJAZD9-gCy5PLrq--Fo-vY0f8hFhB7e2Cuk=w200-h300-rw

Facts! It’s a lot of great black shows on Tv. Unfortunately nikkas will always be stuck in the past and not give new shyt a chance.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
You can’t embed for shyt. I agree. fukk Saweetie and all these dumb birds.

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
It seemed like it wasn’t hard to make a simple fun movie back then. People be trying way too hard now. Like way too hard. House Party and movies like that were just straight and to the point. We have to get back to stuff like that.

Also--about Them--we're seeing the rise of creatives who black, but, lowkey hate what blackness is.

That's why people look back at Wayans Bros and Martin and see "c00nery," not black people making art without the binds of white eyes.
You can't see anything black nowadays w/o it either devolving into sum intersectional cluster phuck or you need an accompanied reading list. Nowadays I find myself seeing who is hyping it up b4 I even bother to check it

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is a good convo.

They don't know what it's like for black people to express themselves without white eyes.
Nah. They got called that in real time by some while those shows were on the air. If you don't go back that far, listen to Marlon talk about it.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The avenues that some of the artists are coming up through don't have the same vetting process.

There's too many artists who get hot off Instagram or YouTube. View counts don't necessarily equate to talent. Being funny, interesting, or talented for 30 seconds to 5 minutes is different than being that for 1 hour every week for years or for a 2 hour movie. Tweeting 140 characters and getting retweeted 10k times isn't the same as writing a coherent, thesis driven book for 500 pages.

The talent today is too microwaved. In my opinion that's the biggest problem. This however isn't an issue with just Black art, but it's hella noticeable with black people. Look at all the remakes we're doing, despite there being 1000s of untold stories.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Roughly twenty five years ago, the culture chose to run with criminality featured over creativity.

In the past, George Jefferson owned a series of laundromats, Fred Sanford operated a junkyard, Bill Cosby was
a gym teacher and a doctor, Martin was a radio host, Carl Winslow was a cop.

Now, some of the most-watched series on tv the past five years have featured Black men relegated
to just one industry: the drug trade.

We've fallen and we can't get up.

Lucius-Lyon.jpg

"Lucious Lyon" - Former drug dealer turned Hip Hop mogul on EMPIRE

0e63c9a65a6392f4b65f1c269791d4ad.jpg

"James "Ghost" St. Patrick" - Drug Kingpin/Club owner/Governor candidate - POWER

power_book_2_ghost_michael_rainey_jr-7cf38f3.jpg

"Tariq St. Patrick" - College student/University drug dealer - POWER BOOK 2

damson-idris-led-drama-snowfall-gets-season-3-premiere-date.jpg

"Franklin" - 80s/90s Los Angeles drug/crack dealer - SNOWFALL

MV5BN2M0MWEwYjUtZmI1YS00M2ZmLWIwMTctNmExOGU3NTdhZTFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXZ3ZXNsZXk@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

"Bumpy Johnson" - Mid 20th Century Harlem drug kingpin - GODFATHER OF HARLEM

sosayeth

All Star
Daps
This is a good convo.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is pen to paper my issue with black media produced over the last decade or so and why I pretty much dismiss all of it.

I don't want white people to "understand" me. I want them to fukk off.

"Shaft (2019)" wasn't a brain teaser, but I enjoyed it immensely, because it knew exactly what it was - a comedy by black people and for black people - and did what it was very well. Notice how our white liberal "allies" turned their noses up towards it, though.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is that we have a lot of creativity. I have seen so much awesome art and read some cool mythologies that were created by black artists. Im disappointed that we have not yet bank on mythological content in the film industry.

Links?