Will Black Entertainment ever move out of the DARK AGES???

SPACE IS FAKE

Say No To NASA!
Daps
even in the 00's we had how high...ATL..all bout the benjis..the wash...etc

nowadays i cant even find shyt to laugh at....smfh.. im taking lottery ticket over everything thats out rn

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
its currently a pandering c00n fest where black faces are blank canvas for whatever bullshyt agendas the status quo wants to push

They want us to all think, act and be a certain way what they want you to see as representation is just assimilation

The freedom of expression is never coming back if you ain't a 'programmed negro' they'll get you the fukk outta here RIP Nick Cannon

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really threw in that gay shyt, bedwench film and two bedwench shows lol

We could throw in BAPS, Soul Plane, Homeboys in Outer Space, and several other hood movies and shows from the same era that's getting praised so what's your point?

The reply you quoted is a diverse list of content. He left off The Last Black Man in San Francisco, Ma Rainey, One Night in Miami, Random Acts of Flyness, and probably a few others.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
We could throw in BAPS, Soul Plane, Homeboys in Outer Space, and several other hood movies and shows from the same era that's getting praised so what's your point?

The reply you quoted is a diverse list of content. He left off The Last Black Man in San Francisco, Ma Rainey, One Night in Miami, Random Acts of Flyness, and probably a few others.
That he threw in bullshyt. It’s not deep

sunny80

All Star
Daps
We get stuck in nostalgia a bit to much, but for the last 10 years or so Black entertainment movie & show wise have flourished
mainaafca.png

v1.dDs1MTgxMjI7ajsxODgwNzsyMDQ4OzE2MDA7MjQwMA
v1.dDs4NTMxOTE7ajsxODgxMDsyMDQ4OzE0MDA7MjEwMA
v1.dDs2OTgyMDk7ajsxODgwNzsyMDQ4OzE1MDA7MjIyMg
v1.dDsxMzI5MTA7ajsxODc5MTsyMDQ4OzEyMDA7MTYwMA
v1.dDs1ODI2NTQ7ajsxODgxMDsyMDQ4OzE5OTg7Mjk5Nw

v1.dDs0MDkyNzI7ajsxODgxMTsyMDQ4OzEyNTA7MTg3NQ
v1.dDsxNDU5MTY7ajsxODc5MjsyMDQ4OzE1MjU7MjE1OA
v1.dDs1NDcyODU7ajsxODgxMTsyMDQ4OzE5NDQ7Mjg4MA
v1.dDs3MjU0MDE7ajsxODc3NDsyMDQ4OzEyOTY7MTkyMA
v1.dDsxNDgwODE7ajsxODc5NzsyMDQ4OzE1MzY7MjA0OA

v1.dDszMzg3MDI7ajsxODgwMDsyMDQ4OzIwMjQ7MzAzNg
images
images
Black_Box_2020_film_poster.png
zHDi6kdlhV8QhGHz1W4VT_76IVzkfbukIYJAZD9-gCy5PLrq--Fo-vY0f8hFhB7e2Cuk=w200-h300-rw
These movies just don't compare. Only a few of these were good. The rest were mediocre or straight :trash:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Roughly twenty five years ago, the culture chose to run with criminality featured over creativity.

In the past, George Jefferson owned a series of laundromats, Fred Sanford operated a junkyard, Bill Cosby was
a gym teacher and a doctor, Martin was a radio host, Carl Winslow was a cop.

Now, some of the most-watched series on tv the past five years have featured Black men relegated
to just one industry: the drug trade.

We've fallen and we can't get up.

Lucius-Lyon.jpg

"Lucious Lyon" - Former drug dealer turned Hip Hop mogul on EMPIRE

0e63c9a65a6392f4b65f1c269791d4ad.jpg

"James "Ghost" St. Patrick" - Drug Kingpin/Club owner/Governor candidate - POWER

power_book_2_ghost_michael_rainey_jr-7cf38f3.jpg

"Tariq St. Patrick" - College student/University drug dealer - POWER BOOK 2

damson-idris-led-drama-snowfall-gets-season-3-premiere-date.jpg

"Franklin" - 80s/90s Los Angeles drug/crack dealer - SNOWFALL

MV5BN2M0MWEwYjUtZmI1YS00M2ZmLWIwMTctNmExOGU3NTdhZTFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXZ3ZXNsZXk@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

"Bumpy Johnson" - Mid 20th Century Harlem drug kingpin - GODFATHER OF HARLEM

I think there are two issues here for me. I have no problem with any of those roles - they're all the black version of the anti-hero television wave. Tony Soprano. Walter White. Vic Mackey. Nothing wrong with black getting that treatment. Those type of shows ushered in a golden era of television. Unfortunately Power and Empire are bad-tier television. I haven't seen Snowfall but I've heard good things about it.

My issue is that while we have the gangster anti-hero...we don't have the regular anti-hero. The black Don Draper (Mad Men) for instance. And the general impression I get is that no one is interested in presenting challenging, dark main black characters in dramas that don't feature guns...drugs...action...etc.

I've wanted a black Mad Men for ages. Something focused on the black working and middle class of the 60s70s. The rise of the black middle class is such an interesting story and there are so many angles you could approach it in a show. Sure there would be white characters, and there would be racism, but overall the focus could easily be on the black characters, their families, community, etc. Without characters being lynched by the KKK or raped by gangs of white men. A flip of the typical image we have from media, where the white characters are in middle class positions, while black people are subservient.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I've got an idea that might really help in pushing the advent of current black cinema forward, but I need other black creatives that PRODUCE reliably.

Direct message me if you're interested and have actual work vs just ideas.

Ideas are dope but work makes wealth.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I think there are two issues here for me. I have no problem with any of those roles - they're all the black version of the anti-hero television wave. Tony Soprano. Walter White. Vic Mackey. Nothing wrong with black getting that treatment. Those type of shows ushered in a golden era of television. Unfortunately Power and Empire are bad-tier television. I haven't seen Snowfall but I've heard good things about it.

My issue is that while we have the gangster anti-hero...we don't have the regular anti-hero. The black Don Draper (Mad Men) for instance. And the general impression I get is that no one is interested in presenting challenging, dark main black characters in dramas that don't feature guns...drugs...action...etc.

I've wanted a black Mad Men for ages. Something focused on the black working and middle class of the 60s70s. The rise of the black middle class is such an interesting story and there are so many angles you could approach it in a show. Sure there would be white characters, and there would be racism, but overall the focus could easily be on the black characters, their families, community, etc. Without characters being lynched by the KKK or raped by gangs of white men. A flip of the typical image we have from media, where the white characters are in middle class positions, while black people are subservient.

mv5bmja0otkzmzuwmf5bml5banbnxkftztgwmzq0mdk5mze-_v1__.jpg

The first season is the only one worth watching though.

Last edited: