GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Imma move your thread for a day so u can get more listens.. Really feeling the tape fam.

:to: :mjcry:

Thanks fam, that means a lot

And yeah I did mix it myself, I had to reinvent my whole style just to have a reason to use FL12, the mixing on there is really clean/ambient so I had to switch to more of a trip-hop vibe.

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
G6xeDkV.gif

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
This is dope. What DAW do you use?
That FL 12 breh, my old computer ran 10 and it crashed. So I coped 11/12 back in february, fukked around with them. Realized how different it sounded from 10. Worked on some other shyt, meditated on it. Came back with a different style to suit it. Came out with a trip-hop kinda vibe.
Gonna check this out.. Maybe I can send my boy a few of these if you don't mind
Go for it mang

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
My bad I reserved my seat and forgot it :francis:

But this tape is nice...Ind'ago, Ruby Sky and Cthdrl are my favorites.

Why so short though?
Well this is a trilogy of beat tapes, so it's the first album out of 3. There's gonna be 46-58 beats in total once I'm done. But yeah, this was also my first beat tape after a couple months of toying with a new version of FL with a more ambient sound. So new style/less comfortable/less beats.

All my tapes are short. A lot of reasons.
1) It's what hipsters do now :yeshrug:
2) Dilla/Madlib were always like "Why are beatmakers making their beats 4-5 minutes, can't you guys figure out how to shorten it?" and that always stuck with me

But more importantly
3) I dub actual cassette tapes. So every time someone buys my shyt, I sit there, in real time, and put the shyt to tape. Shorter cassettes cost less, so shorter tapes mean I spend less time having to dub cassettes and more time on beats, meanwhile costing me less in the long run :obama:

I'm already in the red from making beats, I would sell them for 10 bucks, but then have dudes from the Netherlands and Japan buying them and I'm spending 20 on shipping and handling :why:

But yeah you can reserve your seat now for the next tape. Coming out 12/31/16

KyQ6ICl.jpg