With superpowers, why the HELL would anyone choose to become a superhero?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What if a super powered villain goes on a killing spree? If you don't stop him one of his victims might be a family member.

:lupe: And what if he's significantly stronger than you?

Reminds me of this Korean flick called Haunters. The bad guy had Killgrave-like powers and went nuts when he met the good guy who was immune to him with the little perk of fast healing.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
problem is the moment you help, you're bound to fuc up and expose yourself to the world of what you power you possess and whatt you can do. Causing unwanted press, create a media circus and soon enough government and military at your door. You either go full blown hero or keep it to yourself completely :manny:
In this day of smartphone cameras and youtube, there's no way you can show off your powers in any way and it not become public. Within 3 seconds of you turning your power on, you're gonna hear someone with your super hearing sense say WORLDSTAR!

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's very revealing when people in position of power, even hypothetically, can not imagine doing anything for their fellow man.

Young girl is scared and alone? Abuse her!

Old woman is disoriented? Steal her purse!

Drunken, unconscious man in an abandoned building? Torture him for fun!

No wonder some neighborhoods are going in the shytter.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
In this day of smartphone cameras and youtube, there's no way you can show off your powers in any way and it not become public. Within 3 seconds of you turning your power on, you're gonna hear someone with your super hearing sense say WORLDSTAR!
or someone snapchatting you within secounds :snoop:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
even if you dont want to be a hero, once you get outed, all your actions or inactions will get viewed through that prism. villains may come at you pre-emptively, too.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
It's very revealing when people in position of power, even hypothetically, can not imagine doing anything for their fellow man.

I said I'd help when I can :stopitslime:

But I'm not bout to fly to the other side of the world for some bullshyt

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
ehh it depends on what kind of power it is. Like if it was physical type of super power then i'd put it out there because my priority is to get rich off my powers. The fukk am I gonna do hiding my strength when I can use it and have the government or private rich folks pay for my services. If it was some super power like freezing time or teleporting then i'd be low key as shyt and hit up banks when I needed money.

at the end,its all about money :birdman:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
ehh it depends on what kind of power it is. Like if it was physical type of super power then i'd put it out there because my priority is to get rich off my powers. The fukk am I gonna do hiding my strength when I can use it and have the government or private rich folks pay for my services. If it was some super power like freezing time or teleporting then i'd be low key as shyt and hit up banks when I needed money.

at the end,its all about money :birdman:

:whoa: They gonna find ways to dissect you, breh.

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said I'd help when I can :stopitslime:

But I'm not bout to fly to the other side of the world for some bullshyt

But if you can fly...

One interesting scene in Ironman 1 is Tony Starks first is powerless watching the news. Then he realizes then maybe he can do something and so he just flies over there and does it.

The thing about superhero shyt, aside from super villains and their schemes, is that you can do shyt with little threat to you, why wouldn't you?

Of course it's crazy to dress up as a bat and go night after night stopping criminals armed to the teeth. You're just going to end up shot and dead. But if you're really an (almost) supernatural fighter with limitless resources for every insane contingency, then it's not so crazy, in the context of super hero fiction anyway.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

Thread's a low key dirtbag exposal :russ: