Wop really lapped Ross, Jeezy, & Tip

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Lapped them? That's overstated like a muhfukka...that's like saying Jamal Crawford lapped Tony Parker cause they're finally both now coming off the bench... Just ignoring at his peak Tony was Finals MVP and a 4 time champ :mjlol:

Nothing is overstated and that analogy was arbitrary to say the least

Jamal Crawford never pioneered or impacted anything to the extent that Radric Davis has

Tony Parker? :mjlol:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Not at all. When all of those rappers were poppin', Gucci wasn't a factor. Even when Gucci tried crossing over 10 years ago, it was a failure. Where Gucci was able to be relevant is that he resonates with this generation more so than any of them do. The how and why is because when they were poppin', Gucci was cultivating producers who built their sound around what T.I. and Jeezy were doing. Then Ross came in and had success with "BMF" and "MC Hammer" (which features Gucci) that made trap the dominant style of production. Gucci style is perfect for that wave, which is why he's relevant than the three of them are now. Still, the other three all had instances where they were either #1 or close to being the #1 rappers in the game. Can't say the same for Gucci.
Gucci 09 was the hottest rapper in the game. Only nikka arguably hotter was Drake.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Wop last album outsold Ross’ and it was better

El gato the human glacier was no way in hell better than rather you than me and as far as selling more you gonna need to hit us with facts. Rytm did 100k first week I know that el gato shyt didnt and i know it wasnt a slow burn cause it didnt have singles

Superstar
Daps
El gato the human glacier was no way in hell better than rather you than me and as far as selling more you gonna need to hit us with facts. Rytm did 100k first week I know that el gato shyt didnt and i know it wasnt a slow burn cause it didnt have singles

His last album was Mr Davis my guy..

El Gato the human glacier was a mixtape

Rather You Than Me didn’t outsell Wop last album

Gold & Platinum - RIAA

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Nothing is overstated and that analogy was arbitrary to say the least

Jamal Crawford never pioneered or impacted anything to the extent that Radric Davis has

Tony Parker? :mjlol:

The long and short of it is you don't "lap" someone by kicking the can far enough down the road until one party finally declines far enough to be at a comparable level as the other.... Tip has years where he had legitimate arguments as the reigning king of hip hop.... whatever influence you wanna attribute to gucci towards acts that have lapped him (migos, etc) and various ATL mixtape acts, that doesn't "lap" the years tip spent as a KOHH contender...same goes for Ross and Jeezy...all these dudes had waaaaay more impactful peaks than Gucci did.... we're not bout to play this rewrite history shyt

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gucci was no1 played in the streets from 08 .. on out.

If you talking mainstream sure that’s differently story ....

That isn't true. In 2008, The Recession was easily bigger than what Gucci had out. Arguably Trilla as well. With T.I., he had gone completely commercial, but he still had joints that resonated with the streets. Early 2008 was also Shawty Lo at his peak.

2009: Wayne

2010: Ross

2011: Ross

2012: 2 Chainz

2013-2015: Future

Superstar
Daps
The long and short of it is you don't "lap" someone by kicking the can far enough down the road until one party finally declines far enough to be at a comparable level as the other.... Tip has years where he had legitimate arguments as the reigning king of hip hop.... whatever influence you wanna attribute to gucci towards acts that have lapped him (migos, etc), that doesn't "lap" the years tip spent as a KOHH contender...same goes for Ross and Jeezy...all these dudes had waaaaay more impactful peaks than Gucci did.... we're not bout to play this rewrite history shyt

You lap someone with longevity.

Showing growth and progression while consistently delivering great product.

Just because you started first doesn’t mean you had a bigger impact

The proof is currently in the poo (well I won’t go there, Free Bill)

The others have slowed down and the quality of their music has suffered.

Yes, Gucci Mane “Lil Flair” lapped all three of those nikkas.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You lap someone with longevity.

Showing growth and progression while consistently delivering great product.

Just because you started first doesn’t mean you had a bigger impact

The proof is currently in the poo (well I won’t go there, Free Bill)

The others have slowed down and the quality of their music has suffered.

Yes, Gucci Mane “Lil Flair” lapped all three of those nikkas.

Gucci's longevity is that he is just now starting some semblance of the peaks that the others had. Before this decade, Gucci was pretty much just there outside of maybe 2009. He didn't lap anyone. The other three just fizzled out where Gucci now has more resonance than he did when they were on top.