Wop really lapped Ross, Jeezy, & Tip

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Jeezy still moved more units than Gucci fw and the latest album flopped harder than Tips album :yeshrug:

And also Gucci didn't move a unit until like 9 years after T.I.'s debut and 5 years after Jeezy's, basically not even from the same era.

He does make better music though, still think Ross can drop some fire but the other two are done. But of course making Migos singles your own, music with the kids and stuff will do things for you. And in this day and age certifications are weird, If Kanye put that song with Gucci gang guy on his album, he has a gold album first week probably.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wayne still there..

I can never gauge who is more influential between the two

It’s a legit toss up

It's not a toss up. Wayne is clearly more influential than Gucci because his influence goes beyond just the music. It's clear most of ya'll equate influence to how many artists sound like another.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
You lap someone with longevity.

Showing growth and progression while consistently delivering great product.

Just because you started first doesn’t mean you had a bigger impact

The proof is currently in the poo (well I won’t go there, Free Bill)

The others have slowed down and the quality of their music has suffered.

Yes, Gucci Mane “Lil Flair” lapped all three of those nikkas.
If we're talking quality this is an entirely different conversation...IMO All three of those dudes last projects were better than guccis last lol...quite frankly Gucci isn't and has never been held to the same standards of "quality" that those 3 were.... isn't and has never been held to the same level of expectations of performance and hit making as the other 3... basically I tried to be civil, but the premise of this thread is utterly ridiculous when thought out...fukk outta here

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I will give you that Mr Davis aint better than rytm either and I'm still picking ross to outsell gucci if they dropped and album tomorrow

Hell nah..

Those albums dropped the same year guy

Gucci is the most influential rapper currently. :obama:

Nope, Wayne right there with him.

Those two are the most influential on the current generation of younger artists.. and it transcends region.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Nah, there was still Wayne.

Young Money Compilation
No Ceilings

Then had the features.
Gucci was hotter than Wayne. Drake was hotter than Wayne. Wayne was hottest in 08, but nobody was checking for that prom queen shyt like they was his Carter shyt. The young money comp had Gucci on the hottest song. He was still one of the hottest but he definitely wasn't hotter than Drake or Gucci.

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Jeezy still moved more units than Gucci fw and the latest album flopped harder than Tips album :yeshrug:

And also Gucci didn't move a unit until like 9 years after T.I.'s debut and 5 years after Jeezy's, basically not even from the same era.

He does make better music though, still think Ross can drop some fire but the other two are done.
Up them jeezy numbers..

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Up them jeezy numbers..
Jeezy's two latest
Pressure debuted at number six on the US Billboard 200 with 72,000 album-equivalent units, of which 54,000 were pure album sales.

Trap or Die 3 debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, earning 89,000 album-equivalent units, of which 73,000 were pure album sales

Gucci's two highest of his past 6 albums to make it fair, he dropped a few flops like albums he recorded in two days, Christmas albums and shyt

Mr. Davis debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 with 70,000 album-equivalent units, of which 21,000 were pure album sales.

Everybody Looking debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 with 68,000 album-equivalent units, 43,000 of which were pure album sales.[28]

Gucci 09 was the hottest rapper in the game. Only nikka arguably hotter was Drake.
How does the hottest rapper in the game sells like 1/3rd or 1/4th of those he's supposedly hotter than and do shows 1/20th of the size :whoo:. Can one make a case that Schoolboy Q is hotter than Drake? He was the hottest among subsections of young people on the internet, the game is bigger than that.

Superstar
Daps
Gucci was hotter than Wayne. Drake was hotter than Wayne. Wayne was hottest in 08, but nobody was checking for that prom queen shyt like they was his Carter shyt. The young money comp had Gucci on the hottest song. He was still one of the hottest but he definitely wasn't hotter than Drake or Gucci.

Gucci Mane Is Mixtape Daily's Artist Of The Year

Lol @ “never in the conversation” :mjlol:

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
What’s crazy about all this is, Wop spend half of his career locked up. I don’t care to much for this new wop but 2007-13 wop is the trap goat

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh, "Prom Queen" wasn't even a blip on the screen. You're really acting like No Ceilings wasn't a bigger deal than whatever Gucci had in 2009. Most of Drake's run had assists from Wayne.

Superstar
Daps
What’s crazy about all this is, Wop spend half of his career locked up. I don’t care to much for this new wop but 2007-13 wop is the trap goat

“They never really miss you until you dead or you gone”

The one thing that stands out about him and Wayne is how much time they spend in the studio working

In their primes they were putting out so much music

Look at how these nikkas drop music today..

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Lapped them? That's overstated like a muhfukka...that's like saying Jamal Crawford lapped Tony Parker cause they're finally both now coming off the bench... Just ignoring at his peak Tony was Finals MVP and a 4 time champ :mjlol:

Parker was also playing with a Top 10 Goat, a HOF in Ginobili, and arguably the GOAT Coach/System.

Jamal is a better player overall.