Working in a job where you have to deal with people all day is stressful

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
I'm an Assistant Manager at Walmart and I swear everyday I feel like saying fukk it and walking off the job because of how much some of the customer's piss me off. The store I work with is in a upper middle class part of town and a lot of the customer's are elderly white people and sone these entitled a$$holes think the whole world revolves around them. For example last night some lady came in wanting a electric cart and the Customer service manager told her that there was not one available because they were all being used. So the lady asks to speak to the manager in charge. So because all the other members of upper manager had all went home and I was the only salaried manager who was there at the time, I came up. So this woman starts bytching to me about how everytime she comes to our store she always has to wait for an electric cart but when she goes to Kroger they always have an electric cart available. So I apologized to her and told her that we only have a certain amount of electric carts and two are currently being repaired. Well she keeps complaining and I get tired of her bytching so I told her to call Corporate with her complaints. Everyday I have to deal with people like that and people always ask me why I never smile and always look grumpy. I tell them I do smile when I go home. I try to spend as much time I in the back so I don't have to have to deal with these people. I mean most of the customer's are decent people but there are a small minority that makes me want to strangle them.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Retail stories :snoop:

I used to work customer service at a retail store when I was in high school. They give you a whole script on return policies... past so many days you can't do refunds... blah blah. I relay that information to the customer. She doesn't like it. Decides to make a complain about it. My manager makes me do the return as she can bend the rules. Then she files a stupid complaint from the customer because I held up the company policy... :dahell:

Stupid c*nt manager has the nerve to try and talk to me about the "complaint" which was invalid. She said 2 words to me and I told her to stop... "I'm giving you my 2 weeks notice"

Manager was caught off guard and started scrambling begging me to stay.:damn: Spent the next 2 weeks asking me to reconsider. Then begging for a resignation letter. I just told her no to everything.

:camby:

I once had a TV news anchor come in and she was trying some shoes on and she stuck her foot up in the air like for a nikka to put the shoes on her foot for her... I looked at my Asian coworker like :shaq2: ... walked away and he did it. Laced her feet up on his knees and everything.

Cac customers asking me obvious stupid questions like are these shoes the same when he got 2 different models of shoes on being a retard... I'm like do they look the same :rudy:... He's like no :whoa:

Cac Doctor and Lawyer show up when I'm shutting the store down and they waltz in and start shopping. I tell them we are closed and dude starts yelling "I'm a doctor and my wife is a lawyer" I'm like that's cool but we are still closed, exit the store :pachaha:

Next dude talking bout service is taking too long and start getting offensive with the language. I told dude I don't get paid enough for his insolence and I offered him the fade. Cac got real calmn real fast.

I had to square off with a nikka because he was demanding I give him my staff discount on some kicks real disrespectful like...:childplease:

After this I told my boy yo I can't do this anymore. I'm not cut out for customer service :deadrose:

Last edited:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
I hear you, not only do I deal with them face to face, I have a company phone they have the number to and sometimes my phone is ringing as early as 7am when I wake up if I forget to turn on airplane mode.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can't stand the phrase, "the customer is always right". That's complete bs. I always make it a point to say thank you to salespeople, cashiers, etc and let them know they're appreciated. They put up with a lot of shyt from rude ass entitled people.

Thank you op! :hug:

Last edited:

King Poetic

A.K.A. Reasonable Doubt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
I know exactly what u talking about

I used to work retail and man, I couldn’t stand the uppity white women who because they are at home moms and their husbands are some rich dude , that u supposed to cater to their every need or they would want corporate number to complain

Only thing in the hood I hated was the old nikkas stealing body wash or the ghetto broads trying to steal makeup or pads

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute:my heart goes out to everybody working retail, especially at Wal-Mart.

Other than stealing and jump offs, I don't miss them days at all.
Yessir. Only shyt I miss about retail (and fast food) was knocking down female co-workers and the occasional customer. I shyt all over where I was eating as a youngin'..:pachaha:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Retail stories :snoop:

his anymore. I'm not cut out for customer service :deadrose:

Dude I feel your pain worked plenty of retail currently work for product support. People legit cannot follow instructions such as. Once you start dealing with people on a regular basis you understand how Trump was elected but also I get amazed sometimes that the country actually manages to run somewhat smoothly. :mindblown:

1. Unplug the device
  2. Turn it on
  3. Select volume
  4. Press and hold the upper right hand corner of the screen for 5 seconds
  5. Select configuration and settings