Working in a job where you have to deal with people all day is stressful

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Gave up a salary position as the Store Manager at a Dollar Tree last month to focus on school full time and I couldn't be happier. Only thing I miss is the women that used come to my store and this one Cashier I wanted to smash lol. Only thing worst than dealing with the public was having to be responsible for my employees . I remember this one assistant manager I had that literally would call me her whole entire shift like she legit couldn't do shyt on her own. And to put things in perspective I'm 23 and she was like 30 :stopitslime:

Sulcage

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I'm an Assistant Manager at Walmart and I swear everyday I feel like saying fukk it and walking off the job because of how much some of the customer's piss me off. The store I work with is in a upper middle class part of town and a lot of the customer's are elderly white people and sone these entitled a$$holes think the whole world revolves around them. For example last night some lady came in wanting a electric cart and the Customer service manager told her that there was not one available because they were all being used. So the lady asks to speak to the manager in charge. So because all the other members of upper manager had all went home and I was the only salaried manager who was there at the time, I came up. So this woman starts bytching to me about how everytime she comes to our store she always has to wait for an electric cart but when she goes to Kroger they always have an electric cart available. So I apologized to her and told her that we only have a certain amount of electric carts and two are currently being repaired. Well she keeps complaining and I get tired of her bytching so I told her to call Corporate with her complaints. Everyday I have to deal with people like that and people always ask me why I never smile and always look grumpy. I tell them I do smile when I go home. I try to spend as much time I in the back so I don't have to have to deal with these people. I mean most of the customer's are decent people but there are a small minority that makes me want to strangle them.
I used to be a GM aT sams club for years. Lost all my hair doing that shyt I was so stressed. Took my bonus money and started my own business. Never looked back. I was there from 04-2015. I started as a pt cashier and in 5 years became a store manager. I saw so many guys quitting and running after a few years of salary and bonuses and was right behind them. Good luck bro

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Gave up a salary position as the Store Manager at a Dollar Tree last month to focus on school full time and I couldn't be happier. Only thing I miss is the women that used come to my store and this one Cashier I wanted to smash lol. Only thing worst than dealing with the public was having to be responsible for my employees . I remember this one assistant manager I had that literally would call me her whole entire shift like she legit couldn't do shyt on her own. And to put things in perspective I'm 23 and she was like 30 :stopitslime:

How you work so many hours and go to school full time in stem?

Seems like too much.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I made the schedule so I was able to take off days for class and if anything needed to be done but yeah it was very stressful. That was the major reason why I quit

Y’all nikkas so lucky to be managers while in school. How the fukk did you get there?

When I worked retail all the cacs hated on me, they wouldn’t even let me get full time let alone a management position.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Y’all nikkas so lucky to be managers while in school. How the fukk did you get there?

When I worked retail all the cacs hated on me, they wouldn’t even let me get full time let alone a management position.
Dollar stores are usually smaller with only 5 or 6 employees and people quit alot so if your on your shyt you can slide into somebody's role when they leave. I was a cashier for 6 months but all the Assistant Managers kept quitting and that was my first move up the ladder. I was an ASM for another year and a Half but it was the same thing the Store Managers kept quitting. Each time I was holding the store down for weeks till the District Manager could find a replacement till He finally gave me the Job. I held it down till last month when I quit myself lol

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Dollar stores are usually smaller with only 5 or 6 employees and people quit alot so if your on your shyt you can slide into somebody's role when they leave. I was a cashier for 6 months but all the Assistant Managers kept quitting and that was my first move up the ladder. I was an ASM for another year and a Half but it was the same thing the Store Managers kept quitting. Each time I was holding the store down for weeks till the District Manager could find a replacement till He finally gave me the Job. I held it down till last month when I quit myself lol

Damn, that makes sense since it’s a smaller store. The big brand retail stores nikkas was not quitting, they was getting promoted because they love cac behavior.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Careful breh :whoa:

Walmart to Try Thinning Store Manager Ranks
In test, some stores have fewer, higher paid managers overseeing teams in an effort to give front-line workers more ownerships over their jobs
05/02/19 11:14 AM EDT
By Sarah Nassauer
Walmart Inc. is testing a new store employee structure, in some cases using fewer midlevel, in-store managers to oversee workers while boosting pay and responsibilities for those roles.

The shift comes as the country's largest employer works to control labor costs, keep workers longer and attract talent, while spending more to raise wages.

Around 100 Walmart stores -- mostly Walmart's Neighborhood Markets chain and smaller supercenters -- are testing several versions of a new employee structure dubbed "Great Workplace." Under it, Walmart is asking workers now called assistant store managers and department managers to apply for fewer, but higher-paying jobs structured around managing teams of workers. Current managers need to apply for the new roles, often called business leads, team leads and academy trainers.

Walmart executives say the genesis of the new worker structure wasn't cost savings, but rather adapting its workforce to shifting shopping habits and employee demands.

The changes include giving more decision-making power to people on the floor, while giving good managers elevated roles.

For example, test stores let workers help customers with requests such as returning items or changing a price without multiple authorizations -- and groups them into teams that communicate and complete tasks across shifts, said Drew Holler, senior vice president associate experience for Walmart U.S.

"That is probably the game changer in this, we are pushing decisions down," he said. The new team leaders manage multiple departments and a team. Previously a department manager was more focused on completing tasks in a single department, said Mr. Holler.

So far in many of the test stores, the number of salaried managers has fallen, while head counts overall have stayed steady or increased, he said. Frontline workers are more engaged, he said.

The new structure could change as Walmart learns what works best and won't necessarily be rolled out to all of Walmart's 4,600 U.S. stores, Mr. Holler said.

(More to come)

Write to Sarah Nassauer at sarah.nassauer@wsj.com

Walmart to Try Thinning Store Manager Ranks