Would Floyd Mayweather stand a chance against prime Hearns?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Oh shyt, this literally feels like deja vu :gucci:

YOU were the one I was going back and forth with about Duran. Talking all greasy saying hes overrated, disrespecting the best lightweight of all time :snoop:

I'm not falling for that :trash: again son :umad:

:jbhmm: But now I get it. You've primarily watched the Floyd era live, and are a victim of the moment. And he got you. He got you to buy into the undefeated record stuff, the bling, the TBE branding, the hardwork/dedication mantra.

Then you went on youtube and saw VHS clips of all the older fighters THE MAJORITY OF THE BOXING COMMUNITY say are better than Floyd Joy and you saw them lose. You went on boxrec and noted their losses, googled who they fought and checked their records, and think you have a firm grasp on the past and present. :sas2:

Did you really watch the fights fam, or were your EYES CLOSED THE WHOLE DAMN TIME!?!? :damn:

Suddenly it makes sooooo much sense to me why you don't see what we're saying, what you were watching or even see whats coming out of your fingers :ohhh:

Now swiftly :camby:
But to to keep the foot on your bytch ass neck, with all those names from 147-60 roaming the 80s-90s how come the man only fought 3-4 good fighters

Derekjackson2

Banned
Daps
Hearns fought Leonard, Cuevas, Hagler, Duran, & Hill. Five hall of fame fighters in their prime. He lost to Leonard but literally ended his career. He lost to Hagler but literally broke his hand splitting his wig. He lost to Barkley but beat his ass before the lucky punch. Hearns had the reach, similar speed, more power & equal chin to Floyd. Floyd has the conditioning & ring generalship. Floyd didn't want Paul Williams so he wouldn't want Hearns. Hearns chin was shaky but he like to trade when he didn't have to.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Bum N'Dou made him do the Harlem Shake, prime Judah made him touch the canvas, Washed up Mosley made him do the Milly Rock, Maidana had him doing a drunken stumble back to his corner....but you don't think prime Hearns, who is MUCH better than every fighter I just named, and one of the most hardest (if not THEE hardest) punchers in 147-154 history couldn't finish Floyd if Floyd implored your strategy of just sitting in the pocket vs a prime Thomas Hearns ?

:forreal:

Don't forget about Chop Chop

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Oh shyt, this literally feels like deja vu :gucci:

YOU were the one I was going back and forth with about Duran. Talking all greasy saying hes overrated, disrespecting the best lightweight of all time :snoop:

I'm not falling for that :trash: again son :umad:

:jbhmm: But now I get it. You've primarily watched the Floyd era live, and are a victim of the moment. And he got you. He got you to buy into the undefeated record stuff, the bling, the TBE branding, the hardwork/dedication mantra.

Then you went on youtube and saw VHS clips of all the older fighters THE MAJORITY OF THE BOXING COMMUNITY say are better than Floyd Joy and you saw them lose. You went on boxrec and noted their losses, googled who they fought and checked their records, and think you have a firm grasp on the past and present. :sas2:

Did you really watch the fights fam, or were your EYES CLOSED THE WHOLE DAMN TIME!?!? :damn:

Suddenly it makes sooooo much sense to me why you don't see what we're saying, what you were watching or even see whats coming out of your fingers :ohhh:

Now swiftly :camby:

:russ::russ:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Hearns fought Leonard, Cuevas, Hagler, Duran, & Hill. Five hall of fame fighters in their prime. He lost to Leonard but literally ended his career. He lost to Hagler but literally broke his hand splitting his wig. He lost to Barkley but beat his ass before the lucky punch. Hearns had the reach, similar speed, more power & equal chin to Floyd. Floyd has the conditioning & ring generalship. Floyd didn't want Paul Williams so he wouldn't want Hearns. Hearns chin was shaky but he like to trade when he didn't have to.
U reaching like fukk for that 5, all them names in the 80s-90s and this what u bring to me:mjlol:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Chop Chop almost made Floyd do the mannequin challenge, and we discussing if Floyd could stand in the pocket and exchange with Prime Hearns who more power than all of em:wow:
Has Floyd tasted the canvas....chinny nikkas like hearns lay on the ground after getting grazed ala hagler fight:steviej:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Absolutely bro. I def see that mythical matchup going like this. I don't see many similarities at all tbh tho between Benitez and Money. Benitez slipped a lot of punches with his head, but Money evaded shots with upper body and foot movement (the step back). Money also clinched when his opponents had him on the ropes and/or threw a lot of punches whereas Benitez would try to duck and avoid shots in that position. Against Hearns Benitez was very timid offensively (like Money was against Pacman) and didn't win many rounds. Also Benitez found himself lunging in to hit Hearns, and I feel Money would've never throw any type of punch that would put himself at risk of being hit. Money would've had a lot of the same issues Benitez had tho in terms of being unable to get inside and dealing with Hearns reach. Then you add Hearns speed, punching power and ability to box and I see Hearns beating Mayweather.

:mjgrin:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bum N'Dou made him do the Harlem Shake, prime Judah made him touch the canvas, Washed up Mosley made him do the Milly Rock, Maidana had him doing a drunken stumble back to his corner....but you don't think prime Hearns, who is MUCH better than every fighter I just named, and one of the most hardest (if not THEE hardest) punchers in 147-154 history couldn't finish Floyd if Floyd implored your strategy of just sitting in the pocket vs a prime Thomas Hearns ?

:forreal:
Floyd has fought in the pocket with big punchers with handspeed before, Canelo and Oscar to name a couple, handled their power well also even though they couldnt tag Floyd much:ehh:. Floyd has been able to recover/recoup from shots that would KO most boxers. Impressive because they were shots Floyd didn't see imo/should have did more damage. Fire was returned/dog was brought out in those cases too where you forgot Floyd was even buzzed. I actually think it would benefit Floyd/not benefit Hearns to stay in the pocket instead of being in range of his jab and etc giving way to leverage:manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Floyd has fought in the pocket with big punchers with handspeed before, Canelo and Oscar to name a couple, handled their power well also even though they couldnt tag Floyd much:ehh:. Floyd has been able to recover/recoup from shots that would KO most boxers. Impressive because they were shots Floyd didn't see imo/should have did more damage. Fire was returned/dog was brought out in those cases too where you forgot Floyd was even buzzed. I actually think it would benefit Floyd/not benefit Hearns to stay in the pocket instead of being in range of his jab and etc giving way to leverage:manny:

Breh...you cannot compare Canelo at 22 years old and ODLH when he was going thru drug problems, to a Prime Hitman Hearns.

22 year old Canelo could not box on Hearns' level and doesnt have the hand speed, physical size, or power of Hitman.

DLH, who was a great boxer in his prime, wasn't the same fighter.

I mean, I know yall love Floyd, but Thomas Hearns was all wrong for him. Maybe yall forgot:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Breh...you cannot compare Canelo at 22 years old and ODLH when he was going thru drug problems, to a Prime Hitman Hearns.

22 year old Canelo could not box on Hearns' level and doesnt have the hand speed, physical size, or power of Hitman.

DLH, who was a great boxer in his prime, wasn't the same fighter.

I mean, I know yall love Floyd, but Thomas Hearns was all wrong for him. Maybe yall forgot:

:whoa: I agree the motor city cobra is better than Canelo and DLH. I'm just saying facts prove Floyd could hold his own when a supposed disadvantage/circumstance is presented. A 35+ old Floyd beating a 22 yo Canelo speaks volumes. We've yet to see Floyd get KO'd or outboxed unlike Hitman. I understand styles make fights though, Hearns lost to a prime and maybe washed version of Barkley but did a job on a cat like Benitez (even though I don't believe that's an exact indicator of how a fight with floyd would go). I am on record of favoring Hearns at any weight above 147, breh is already an exceptional boxer, but with the physical advantages that would be a tough feat:ehh:.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I understand styles make fights though, Hearns lost to a prime and maybe washed version of Barkley

that second hearns-barkley fight was brutal as fukk..the only fight hearns lost by a decision..why iran of all fighters was his boogieman who knows..but thats the fight that took tommy's prime..maybe iran's too :patrice:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
that second hearns-barkley fight was brutal as fukk..the only fight hearns lost by a decision..why iran of all fighters was his boogieman who knows..but thats the fight that took tommy's prime..maybe iran's too :patrice:
Yeah if not that one then the Tony fight:damn:

I think Tommy had a point to prove since he got stopped in the first one and ended up giving Barkley opportunities and punishment too