xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
So, let me first visually show an example of a classic "Pick Me:"

- typically overweight
- typically just cute
- typically low standards and lack of self-love/esteem.

The Coli's Definition of a "Pick Me:" A Black woman or woman who takes up or supports Black men.

The Real Definition or MY Definition of a "Pick Me:"
- a black woman or woman who wants a man so bad ; or is invested in keeping her man from stepping out - due to her "basic" homely status. A chosen "Pick Me" lives in fear that her man/husband and relationship can be taken away at any time - more so than the average woman.

- a trained mouthpiece for repeating the same ish she hears some Black men say about Black women.

- no matter what "A Pick Me" will side with a man even when other Black men don't agree with them. Her goal is male acknowledgment/validation, a compliment, her beloved "it's still good Black women out here" label --- and the BIG payoff -- that DM/Message leading to that late night call.

"A Pick Me" go-to tactic is called:

The Sleuthing Thirst Trap: she investigates the Black man, takes on/adapts his views on "females" and" "bytches" then she waits for her turn or hopes a BM will see "she's a great catch." Usually, a Black men likes her comments + viewpoints so he responds/reaches out -- she smiles ... then she makes her move.

Note:
"A Pick Me" success rate is interestingly really low - because men are visual - so her personality may be what some men would like.... cause they feel like they are with their homie -- but when they see pictures or her in-person -- a friendship is the only thing entered into -- or a "inside only" Friends with Benefits situationship. She usually agrees - but she wants more - so the "Pick Me" is back on the prowl.

Lastly, my view on dating: I date a lot. Every relationship I have even been in - I go/went through the dating phase -- 5-8 + dates - doing all types of stuff (events/concerts, cooking classes, working out together, museums, biking, parties, dinner, etc) - free and paid. I usually prefer the man to choose the date. I like surprises. They usually are creative dates where we get to know each other well. I only date those who enjoy and understand why dating and going out on date(s) are a mandatory step in getting to know someone who you are interested in.

-----

So, I really wanna know - is a woman like the one in the video really attractive to you? Meaning her personality and her views? Do you think it's ok for a woman to act like that - using "nikka" and "bytch" every other word? Though a lot of you seem to like and take up for "Pick Me's" - would you really be with one?

Be nice please :smile: and leave my reps alone :smile:

Last edited:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
You actually bring up an interesting topic. The "Pick Me" or "Get Wits" as we used to call them in the DMV area

They say or do anything to stay in good graces/gain favor with whomever they are speaking with. Dudes do this too, and not just in romantic relationships...People do this to get/gain friends or acceptance

Back to what you wrote, I think these types are easy to spot. They agree with stuff that they should honestly be looking at with a side eye. It's like they pander to you for favor and that usually isn't hard to tell.

Your assessment of them ("just cute" "usually overweight" etc) to me, was spot on

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
You actually bring up an interesting topic. The "Pick Me" or "Get Wits" as we used to call them in the DMV area

They say or do anything to stay in good graces/gain favor with whomever they are speaking with. Dudes do this too, and not just in romantic relationships...People do this to get/gain friends or acceptance

Back to what you wrote, I think these types are easy to spot. They agree with stuff that they should honestly be looking at with a side eye. It's like they pander to you for favor and that usually isn't hard to tell.

Your assessment of them ("just cute" "usually overweight" etc) to me, was spot on
Moe gtfo ain't no straight nikkas in the DMV saying no pick me. I ain't read that gay ass phrase until I started seeing the shif all on he internet.

DaPresident

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I feel sorry for our generation in general because we play so many games with each other instead of just being brave and loving people and understanding each other on a human level

This.

Everybody so damn scared to "be hurt" that they permanently keep their defenses up, thus, not allowing for anybody to truly get to know you.

Everybody wants love, but not the sacrifice that usually comes with it

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Explain "out of spite?"

And what does a typical male feminist look like or act like? I dislike "pick me's" with a passion.

Male feminist don't have a look.....its all in the words.

And I've seen women get labeled "pick me" simply for the attention they receive or for simply being rational in their perspective even if it doesn't pander to the male ego.

"Pick me" do exist though.

DaPresident

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Explain "out of spite?"

And what does a typical male feminist look like or act like? I dislike "pick me's" with a passion.

That's easy...if you have facebook or IG...Derrick Jaxn

That dude is classic "Pick Me" he says what a LOT of single women wanna hear all the while keeping his hand in their pockets and their eyes and ears on him.

Some of the things he says are honestly ridiculous but it's almost word for word what a LOT of these single mothers out here are saying and feeling

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
That's easy...if you have facebook or IG...Derrick Jaxn

That dude is classic "Pick Me" he says what a LOT of single women wanna hear all the while keeping his hand in their pockets and their eyes and ears on him.

Some of the things he says are honestly ridiculous but it's almost word for word what a LOT of these single mothers out here are saying and feeling

YES! He is a pick me. We call him Basketball cap - cause he keep one on. He's a pick me cause his hairline must be messed up really bad.