Wrestlemania:"the idea is still,as it is every year, to build for Reigns coronation as the top star"

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
In case you were wondering why they are not saving any of the big upcoming matches for WM :troll:

Dave Meltzer:

"WWE’s biggest B PPV in recent memory, No Mercy on 9/24 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles features two major first-time singles matches with Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman and John Cena vs. Roman Reigns.

Both matches have been scheduled for a long time, but injuries and other circumstances changed the dates around. Both matches are also such that one would think they would try and get more than one bout out of each rivalry.

A lot has to do with WrestleMania, where the idea is still, as it is every year at this time, to build for Reigns coronation as the top star of the company."

"As far as who wins or loses, don’t kid yourself, the idea of the match is to get Reigns over. If he loses, it’s because they feel that will be more effective for him to get over in the long run.".

So, Cena makes Reigns look strong to kick off 7 months of making Roman look strong, then Roman conquers Brocc at WM. Brocc beats Strowman now so when Reigns beats him, it means more :krs:

Why can't you guys get it and fall in line? Like a silly little man says in the HL forum, this is a masterclass :troll:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
"As far as who wins or loses, don’t kid yourself, the idea of the match is to get Reigns over. If he loses, it’s because they feel that will be more effective for him to get over in the long run.".

Dave just be saying shyt...

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps

You want him to say "I have direct knowledge from Vince that guarantees the result which I will report now" but it doesn't work that way, friend

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
:snoop: Just stop halfway booking and dap fishing & give this man his reign already. At this point, the well is poisoned and prolonging it just to try for a reaction that'll never happen is hurting him more and making the company seem desperate from the reality that they handicapped themselves by pushing ONLY Cena consistently for the last 12 years.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

He'll be shown to be right or wrong if Roman is in the main event or not. He's never decisive unless he has a higher up in WWE as a source.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:snoop: Just stop halfway booking and dap fishing & give this man his reign already. At this point, the well is poisoned and prolonging it just to try for a reaction that'll never happen is hurting him more and making the company seem desperate from the reality that they handicapped themselves by pushing ONLY Cena consistently for the last 12 years.

I don't see why they have such a desire for 'A' top guy. That's a vestige from an era gone past. When Hulk Hogan was bigger than the WWF as a whole, sure. Today? Have a group of top guys that appeal to all demos and have them trade opportunities instead of give them all to Roman.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Should of called an audible and had Brock vs Bruan at mania since Brock is leaving and let Bruan have his moment and coronate him as the new next mega star. He is already Roman biggest rival. Make them two the Cena/Orton-Rock/Austin of this generation. He deserves the rub more then Roman. There only so many times you can try and coronate Roman. It's just :ld:at this point.

Last edited:

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
I don't see why they have such a desire for 'A' top guy. That's a vestige from an era gone past. When Hulk Hogan was bigger than the WWF as a whole, sure. Today? Have a group of top guys that appeal to all demos and have them trade opportunities instead of give them all to Roman.
Not really though
Ratings and house show attendance have been proven to go up when John C'GOAT is advertised

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Also this "WrestleMania coronation" idea really only furthers the customer perception that there's only a certain time of year when anything good happens. I like that they are putting Brocc vs Strowman and Cena vs Reigns on a September ppv. The next thing they need is the feeling that the title can change hands at any time BUT that title changes are rare. People don't like feeling like the know what's gonna happen 7 months ahead of time, whether they end up being right or not