WTF was Jayz thinking going at Nas?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I don’t for a second believe Jay rejuvenated Nas’s career lol. Nas just had 2 albums go platinum in the same yr.

We never would of gotten ether without Jay but we 100% would of gotten stillmatic. Double platinum.

Then 2 albums following stillmatic god son and streets disciple going platinum as well and 2 more following that HHID and untitled debuting 1 and going on to sell 800*k each.

Jay will always be number 2 to Nas all time. And that’s okay, nothing wrong with that. Both icon legends in the rap game.
Nas was running off past success and Hate Me Now but nikkas hated both those albums

I still have never liked him as much as I did before them

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I still bump all of Nas' albums. KD3 stays in constant rotation. Legit is one of my favorite songs. Stay, Thun, Play on Playa, EPMD, No Phony Love, Never Die, Adam and Eve etc etc. All post 2003 cuts. I mean what's your point? Im a hip hop head. I still to Deltron 3030 for fuks sake. :russ: Meet the parents is probably one of the best story telling tracks of all time. Me liking both artists doesn't stop me from admitting Nas got Jay on the beef. But Jay is the more popular amongst the average casual rap fan. Again both things can be true at the same time.

The cats I roll with listen to MF Doom and Joey Badass. Of course they are still bumping Nas in 2024.

I fail to see what I bump in 2024 has to do with Nas beating Jay during their beef.

Oh wait..nothing. you're just deflecting. It's ok. Do whatever it takes to cope. I said Jay is more popular. I'm not a Stan so I can admit that. :yeshrug:
Joey Badass has fans?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I'm not dodging anything. I answered your questions directly multiple times.

I ask you again what does anything Nas put out post 2003 have to do with the topic of the beef? That's the topic of this thread is it not? Fuk outta here Stan.
So Thun gonna get the people going

so as that beat drop lol

they shoot the shyt out u :mjlol:

u deader than a motherfukker

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Nas was running off past success and Hate Me Now but nikkas hated both those albums

I still have never liked him as much as I did before them
EXACTLY. I don't know why people are in this thread trying to rewrite history. Nas was on a downward spiral since the Firm. IWW came out and I thought it was dope. He did 2 million, but people constantly compared it to Illmatic. The firm comes out and it was bad reviews. 2 years after that I am comes out and gets favorable reviews, but is not considered a classic at all. Nastradamus comes out and everyone hated it back then. I know the Coli wants to make it seem as if it's some underrated classic, but Nastradamus was azz. Then the next year in 2000, Qb's finest dops and it's not a good compilation either. Regardless of what he was selling, these albums were NOT good and Jay gave Nas energy. From 97 to 2000, Nas dropped 2 albums, a compilation, and a group album and only 1 of those were good. He was on borrowed time whether people here want to admit it or not. I got every source, xxl, rap pages mag since the 90s and still remember the criticism Nas got after Nastradamus and Qb's finest. Add in that Nature's debut in 2000 was azz too. Stillmatic was a make or break album for him. Had that one not been good, it was over for him.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Thun gonna get the people going

so as that beat drop lol

they shoot the shyt out u :mjlol:

u deader than a motherfukker
It's ok Stanley. Nothing you post can erase your mans getting roasted. Which is what the topic is about. Him crying on the radio still exists. :picard:

Now cry yourself to sleep on your jigga teddy bear.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EXACTLY. I don't know why people are in this thread trying to rewrite history. Nas was on a downward spiral since the Firm. IWW came out and I thought it was dope. He did 2 million, but people constantly compared it to Illmatic. The firm comes out and it was bad reviews. 2 years after that I am comes out and gets favorable reviews, but is not considered a classic at all. Nastradamus comes out and everyone hated it back then. I know the Coli wants to make it seem as if it's some underrated classic, but Nastradamus was azz. Then the next year in 2000, Qb's finest dops and it's not a good compilation either. Regardless of what he was selling, these albums were NOT good and Jay gave Nas energy. From 97 to 2000, Nas dropped 2 albums, a compilation, and a group album and only 1 of those were good. He was on borrowed time whether people here want to admit it or not. I got every source, xxl, rap pages mag since the 90s and still remember the criticism Nas got after Nastradamus and Qb's finest. Add in that Nature's debut in 2000 was azz too. Stillmatic was a make or break album for him. Had that one not been good, it was over for him.
I agree. Nas, while he had some commercial success with those albums did alienate his core audience. There's no need to try to rewrite history.

The beef got him refocused. Cats need to stop being biased. It's ok to like Nas and admit this.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. Nas, while he had some commercial success with those albums did he alienate his core audience. There's no need to try to rewrite history.

The beef got him refocused. Cats need to stop being biased. It's ok to like Nas and admit this.
Joey Badass has fans?
Ppl bump his shyt. He may not be popular but he has fans.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
100% accurate

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps

That's the common narrative about Nas career at the time and some of it is true but we also have to acknowledge two things:

1. Because Nas made Illmatic, everything he dropped after was over-scrutinized. Even IWW, now widely considered a classic, was put under a microscope. Jay also put out some weak product from 97-2000 too but he didn't face the same scrutiny Nas did because of Illmatic's legacy.

2. Columbia and bootlegging constantly fukked him over. Because of Columbia, he's only on like five songs on The Firm album when what the fans wanted was a whole album with him and AZ. If they had actually let him rock and AZ rock for a whole album, we all know it would have been better. And if he hadn't been fukked over by bootlegging, I Am... would have been a classic instead of just a pretty good album and Nastradamus probably wouldn't exist. Yes not everything he dropped in those years is classic but he also did get hit with some genuinely bad luck and label mismanagement.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
😭😭😂

Eat a Doberman dikk, btw, anybody about to complain…shut up, you didn’t have to click, ya mook, stop crying puzzy…salute tho.

2nd verse 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤦🏽‍♂️😱🔥

Jayz a fn legend but this negro really thought his “chyeah…ungh huh ungh…we in da buildin” happy zookeeper ass was gonna make it out alive steppin to an apex predator. Be a brilliant business man and a fukking idiot at the same time brehs. Get destroyed….nig had a 4% chance of winning that battle. Shhit lowkey pissing me off, Ryan Garcia tryna step to Iron Mike…gtfoh, what are you doing? You’re nice but he’s gonna rip your nose off B. Smh, yall be safe tho…nig shoulda sent Sigel, he woulda got gutted too but still…you not built like that champ

What’s Nas most vicious verses?

:dead: :scusthov:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Nas without Jay z mentioning him career dies in the 90s

god son sold like shyt

from that point forward nobody cared about Nas unless it was Jay z related
Cool. So what you call the 6 album Run with HitBoy he just did, selling out the Garden and winning a Grammy?

Last edited: