WTF was Jayz thinking going at Nas?

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
jay z would sell in his first week with all those kings and magic did combined :mjlol:

No shyt he'd sell more than Nas but he's still too p*ssy to put something out, seven years and counting

Guess his new career is cheerleading for his wife at the Grammys :mjlol:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Jay won the war. Nas had to crawl to him After cleaning up used condoms off his kids baby seat

i won’t rest til u on knee

nobody cares about Nas unless jay z is attached

Nas last two big first weeks are jay z related. Without Jay z he been mid tier for 20+ years.

y’all fans are mostly to blame because y’all stuck in 2001

There ain't no such thing as a ''war''. That would be like Liston saying yeah Ali beat me in the ring that day but he got Parkinson so I won the war. They went on the ring and Jay took a vicious KO

Nas and Jay are attached same way big and pac are attached that don't mean they ain't kings on their own.

Nas is a legacy artist. With the streaming thing first week sales are less important as long as he's regularly streaming and touring. And he makes majority of his money outside of rap anyway.

But as music fans all we should care about is artistry. And Nas is way above jay on this department.

We ain't going to deny Goat status from rakim because of sales ain't we ? So if the sales argument was the only metric for goat status, Eminem would be n1 undisputed despite fact that his disco been shyt since 2004

Last edited:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Bleek had the song what you think of that and the chorus had a line about “ I’m a ball til I fall what you think of that”

Nas drops Nostradamus and has a line in it that goes “you want to ball til you fall I can help you with that”

People gas Bleek into thinking Nas is dissing him and drops Mind Right and has the line “Your lifestyles written? Who you supposed to be play your position. “

Nas’ mom get sick and is on her deathbed so he takes a break from the industry to where people believe it was over for his career. (The “I gave you life when nikkas was forgetting you MC “ line from blueprint 2 is a reference to this.)

Jay does summer jam and disses Prodigy and starts feeling himself and declares that Nas doesn’t want it with him.

Nas, while watching his mom slowly pass away gets the news that he got dissed by a dude who had been trying to be his friend for years that he’d been curving and was stalking him so hard he started dating his baby mother. (That’s where the “ I KNOW YOU ain’t talking “ line in the beginning of ether comes from. )

Rest is history

I think Jay Z also threw a shot at Nas on the Dynasty intro

“Nothing has gone as you predicted”

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EXACTLY. I don't know why people are in this thread trying to rewrite history. Nas was on a downward spiral since the Firm. IWW came out and I thought it was dope. He did 2 million, but people constantly compared it to Illmatic. The firm comes out and it was bad reviews. 2 years after that I am comes out and gets favorable reviews, but is not considered a classic at all. Nastradamus comes out and everyone hated it back then. I know the Coli wants to make it seem as if it's some underrated classic, but Nastradamus was azz. Then the next year in 2000, Qb's finest dops and it's not a good compilation either. Regardless of what he was selling, these albums were NOT good and Jay gave Nas energy. From 97 to 2000, Nas dropped 2 albums, a compilation, and a group album and only 1 of those were good. He was on borrowed time whether people here want to admit it or not. I got every source, xxl, rap pages mag since the 90s and still remember the criticism Nas got after Nastradamus and Qb's finest. Add in that Nature's debut in 2000 was azz too. Stillmatic was a make or break album for him. Had that one not been good, it was over for him.
Most people counted Nas out around that time mainly because Jay was everywhere on the radio and was super popular. Him and his crew was funded by the biggest rap label back then. Some of what you mentioned here added to the Nas is done narrative at that time from people who doubted Nas. However, all of this just adds more to the legend of Nas and his GOAT status. He went through all of these mishaps in the industry while also dealing with family issues, but was able to resurrect his career by proving he was the better MC. It's the way he responded in the music and interviews that should be studied because everything was perfect. The doubters didn't see it coming.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only Nas Stan’s think being active in your genre for 20+ years with 11 albums during that run with not one song popping and still be the goat

u would think by accident he could make a modest hit or culture moving song. But nope

this is like Lebron playing the last 10 years and not being a all star lol

You didn't answer any of the questions.

And don't bring Lebron into this because you made a false equivalence between an all star and a GOAT. And if you're saying is the GOAT or is the GOAT, he's widely considered to be that by many. Still, Michael Jordan is also widely considered the GOAT and he hasn't taken a shot in decades. The knocks against LeBron is that while active, he has lost championships where Michael Jordan three peated twice and didn't lose Finals and won all his championships with one team.

Only thing Jay Z has on common with LeBron is both of them cried when they lost.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You didn't answer any of the questions.

And don't bring Lebron into this because you made a false equivalence between an all star and a GOAT. And if you're saying is the GOAT or is the GOAT, he's widely considered to be that by many. Still, Michael Jordan is also widely considered the GOAT and he hasn't taken a shot in decades. The knocks against LeBron is that while active, he has lost championships where Michael Jordan three peated twice and didn't lose Finals and won all his championships with one team.

Only thing Jay Z has on common with LeBron is both of them cried when they lost.
Meph Bleek gotta be behind that account because dude really tryna go hard af to say Jay didn't get smoked in that battle. :russ:

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Jay Z messed up by going at Nas when his career was in the dirt. That gave Nas life. After Nastradamus, Nas was in a bad place. A lot of people wanted to hear his responses on Stillmatic(a dope album btw). and Jay woke up a beast. He should have just let Nas die off, but he gave that man life. The crazy thing is that I think BP is better than Stillmatic overall, but Jay made the mistake of fuking with a dude that had nothing to lose.

Such a gotdamn false narrative 🙄that has been debunked extensively numerously

Of all the people Jay has dissed in his career, how come Nas is the only one he gave life to 🤔

Nas career in the dirt....=3 million albums sold between I AM and Nastradamus.
I AM rated 4 mics. Nastradamus 3.5

Lost Tapes was all music made from the period Nas was supposedly "career dead."

The narrative is simply foolhardy to anyone with common sense