WTF was Joe Budden talking about saying we fly high was bigger than Oh boy?

True Sinister

Banned
Daps
I'm looking at all the chart positions and Oh boy was clearly higher. You basically had Mariah remake it. That song practically launched Dipset to the mainstream hip hop world

In what way was we fly high bigger?

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I'm looking at all the chart positions and Oh boy was clearly higher. You basically had Mariah remake it. That song practically launched Dipset to the mainstream hip hop world

because it was more influential outside of the rap world..

it became the ny giants anthem

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a fan of Jimmy, but it certainly felt bigger :yeshrug:

I prefer Oh Boy by a large margin, but Ballin had people doing commercials based on the video n shyt, white people saying "Ballin!" for anything they did that could be considered remotely successful, etc. shyt took over America for a long while breh.

Literally the only reason people outside of hip hop know who Jimmy is "oh you mean that Ballin!! guy?"

Otherwise he'd be Juelz status

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Ballin was indie too.

Oh Boy is a product of Def Jam and the Roc.

The Mariah Carey remix was her working with the hottest hiphop artist at the time...which she has been doing her whole career. She was on Def Jam with Cam so it made sense for both of them.

Ballin came from lower depths are reaches higher heights. Plus, the remix was the shyt too.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
oh boy was a hit song...but WE FLY HIGH became an anthem...and does better as far as replay value. Too bad Zoe and JoJo Capone ate well off of it too :snoop:

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Only way I could see ''Ballin'' being a bigger hit than ''Oh Boy''
is because Ballin came during a terrible period of HipHop
sure Ballin is going to be a big hit when you released music during a time period
when rappers such as MIMS, Dem Franchise Boyz, and Soulja Boy were out.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

cause nikkas was screaming "BAALLLLLLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" everywhere and doing the lil jump shot dance.

Everywhere.

All the time.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not that i agree with it, but it prolly feels like that to a lot of people because ballin became a cultural phenomenon