richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
What's funny is...I think i finally just realized I'm legit mad about this. I was letting my love for the X-Men blind me to the fact that they completely fukked this series up...

There were some flashes of brilliance...Quicksilver, Magneto, Prof X, Wolverine...but all in all, these movies have come up flat.

And no, I don't want fukking Marvel to have this shyt...The Avengers tone works for the Avengers...I don't want to see that shyt in The X-Men. X-Men had deeper themes from what I recall reading and I don't want these nikkas having one liners and shyt. Fox has the tone and the cast, the execution is just so fukking bad i can't hide it anymore.

I legit know I could write a better series than the people who have been doing it for the last 20 years. I know people on this board could write a better series...I know my pothead nephew could write a better series.

I've said it before...At this point...they shouldn't do another fukking movie. Reboot the series on TV, and do a long-form dramatic show ala Game of Thrones.
I definitely agree with this and it's something a lot of Disney fans miss the point. The X-Men comics have always been darker and dealt with issues that a lot of comics haven't or rarely deal with like racism (human hatred of mutants, Friends of Humanity), slavery/apartheid (Genosha), eugenics/Darwinism (Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister), genocide (Days Of Future Past), intergration vs separation (Xavier and Magneto), etc.

The MCU is much lighter in tone compared to most comic movies and I don't thinl Marvel's formula would work for the X-Men characters. Now the Fantastic Four is a different story.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I definitely agree with this and it's something a lot of Disney fans miss the point. The X-Men comics have always been darker and dealt with issues that a lot of comics haven't or rarely deal with like racism (human hatred of mutants, Friends of Humanity), slavery/apartheid (Genosha), eugenics/Darwinism (Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister), genocide (Days Of Future Past), intergration vs separation (Xavier and Magneto), etc.

The MCU is much lighter in tone compared to most comic movies and I don't thinl Marvel's formula would work for the X-Men characters. Now the Fantastic Four is a different story.

Yeah F4 arguably have the best villains, but they can be rather campy to me until perhaps recently (some might disagree over the last 10 years)...so Marvel's tone would work. And hell, for the infinity war, I'd like to see Galactus and Silver Surfer.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanna hold out hope that they've learned from X-3, but I'm having my doubts. The Dark Phoenix Saga was a nine-issue arc that followed 4-5 years worth of buildup in the comics--from Jean dying and becoming phoenix, to Mastermind lowkey messing with Jean's mind in the background.

In the movies, most of the hellfire club has been dead since First Class (or between FC and Days of Future Past). Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw are both dead.The Shi'ar haven't been introduced yet. We've gotten next to no time to build up Scott and Jean as characters. Several key X-men to the Dark Phoenix mythos either haven't been introduced in the new timeline (Colossus, Kitty) or have aged out of their roles (Wolverine). They've given Mystique more attention, character development, and focus than all of the original 5 founding members combined (which totally has nothing at all to do with the actress playing her :mjpls: ).

Fundamentally, the Dark Phoenix Story is the tale of a good girl gone bad. The tale of a star-crossed romance between an honorable leader and the woman he loves who goes on to sacrifice herself for the greater good. I don't think Fox has the stones to make that kind of a movie or take any real creative risks that don't have anything to do with either Wolverine or some big-name Hollywood actor. They were reluctant to even make Deadpool until the test footage got leaked.

They're screwing up by trying to rush this out of the gate too quickly. If they can make this work, then more power to them, but right now I'm not holding my breath.

What's funny is...I think i finally just realized I'm legit mad about this. I was letting my love for the X-Men blind me to the fact that they completely ****ed this series up...

There were some flashes of brilliance...Quicksilver, Magneto, Prof X, Wolverine...but all in all, these movies have come up flat.

And no, I don't want ****ing Marvel to have this ****...The Avengers tone works for the Avengers...I don't want to see that **** in The X-Men. X-Men had deeper themes from what I recall reading and I don't want these nikkas having one liners and ****. Fox has the tone and the cast, the execution is just so ****ing bad i can't hide it anymore.

I legit know I could write a better series than the people who have been doing it for the last 20 years. I know people on this board could write a better series...I know my pothead nephew could write a better series.

I've said it before...At this point...they shouldn't do another ****ing movie. Reboot the series on TV, and do a long-form dramatic show ala Game of Thrones.

Basically this. The X-men don't even need to go back to Marvel. They need new directors and writers who respect the characters and have a genuine passion for the mythos and the lore behind it all.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
fukk the x-men
1253.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should have done another movie with the current cast while teasing the dark Phoenix then do it in the third film.

Agreed... the audiences need to get invested in Scott and Jean's relationship BEFORE things go south. Plus, it would give them extra time to sort out the convoluted timeline nonsense and assemble more of the REAL X-men in time for Dark Phoenix...

UXM_Index.jpg

Nobody aside from Fox's shareholders and JLaw's casting agent is going to be interested in seeing another movie about Blonde Katniss and her backup dancers. (not even calling her Mystique since she wasn't blue 95% of the time)