Xenoblade Chronicles X

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Just copped for 23.99 with gamers club unlocked at bestbuy.com (can get it for 29.99 without gamers club unlocked). Will let you guys know how good it is once I get it.
I picked it up during the sale too.
Played it for a little bit. Graphics are weak so far and the controls feel sloppy.
Not throwing it in the bushes yet though. I like the series overall.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Played it for a little bit. Graphics are weak so far and the controls feel sloppy.
Game probably won't get here until Wednesday. I knew the graphics weren't great. Hope the controls aren't too bad.

Daps
I got the game at launch but then my external Hard Disk was damaged :francis:was only at level 12 though:ehh:

Those complaining about the graphics yo look at the size of the game:gladbron: and the performance the water looks good the night environments look great. Yea the cliff textures could have been beefed up and NEW LA kinda sucks because you have the cars which drive right through you and then disappear.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I could never make it to the second set of story missions because the game required you to arbitrarily explore a certain percentage of the content before you could start them. The world is too big to explore by foot and I spend a decent amount of time trying to get my percentage up to no avail. I'd also find myself running into enemies that were far too strong for my party to tackle and as I'd try to run away they'd wipe me out.

Unfortunately I just quit on the game. I don't know if I'll ever really revisit it. The game is nothing like the original Xenobalde outside of battle system elements.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How the fukk you enjoy Star Ocean Discount Adventures but not enjoy this?

If you hate games like this then you gotta admit that you're tied to scripted narratives in RPGs to the point where you can't enjoy simple freedom. This game is basically Japanese Skyrim.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How the fukk you enjoy Star Ocean Discount Adventures but not enjoy this?

If you hate games like this then you gotta admit that you're tied to scripted narratives in RPGs to the point where you can't enjoy simple freedom. This game is basically Japanese Skyrim.
I was supposed to play Star Ocean this weekend and I couldn't even force myself to. The game outright sucks and yeah when I play a JRPG prefer scripted narrative. I don't want a JRPG version of Skyrim I'd rather just play Skyrim.

The Xeno series is a known quantity for being narrative heavy games.. Even Takahashi admitted the error of this game and said if they make another game in the series it will be more story focused like the original Xenoblade instead of like X.

Even in playing a game like Fallout it doesn't require you to explore X amount of the game world to unlock the next mission. The thing about real open world games is you can play them at whatever pace you decide. If you wanna march right through the story you can do that and if you wanna get lost doing random side missions you can do that as well. Here the game locks you into exploration just for the sake of it and not even because there's a story purpose tied to it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
@42 Monks they got me breh. -- Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles X coming to Switch within first 6 months

:noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah::noah:

I wasn't going to even humor the Switch in 2017 until Zelda was out and fully reviewed but I gotta cop now for a portable XCX :wow:

What say you?
Have you seen the specs for the Switch? I wouldn't go anywhere near that shyt :mjlol:

Just buy a Wii U for the super marked down price it is now instead of taking a gamble on something with less RAM than some phones on the market.

Daps
Have you seen the specs for the Switch? I wouldn't go anywhere near that shyt :mjlol:

Just buy a Wii U for the super marked down price it is now instead of taking a gamble on something with less RAM than some phones on the market.
Receipts? and I'm not talking rumours either

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps

:ld: I already put in 100 hours on the Wii U cut. Damn, I thought this might be piff. :dead:

I'm gonna have to cop a Wii U again. :patrice:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Receipts? and I'm not talking rumours either
Everything We Know About Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Switch release date, news and features

"Thanks to a Nvidia blog post we know the console is powered by a custom Tegra chip, which was also found in the Nvidia Shield, but unfortunately neither Nvidia nor Nintendo have provided any further details on how powerful the chip is.

The blog post does mention that the chip has been optimised for "mobile use cases" which we hope means that it's not too battery hungry, but there are rumors circulating that the console only has a battery life of three hours when used as a handheld.

In terms of RAM, the Switch is rumored to have 4GB, which puts it in line with most major smartphones including the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Motorola Moto Z, and is more than both the iPhone 7 (2GB) and iPhone 7 Plus (3GB)."

Its cute. Its gonna make some damned nice Fire Emblem and Pokemon games, but I'm not gonna entertain the idea of playing ambitious games on this thing.

You can say "I don't believe rumors", and okay, that's cool - but it doesn't invalidate the primary complaint and entire recent history of Nintendo running from the hardware department. Not to shyt on the Switch, but for games like Xenoblade X and other more ambitious titles that would've certainly benefited from more power, I' m not gonna tell you that you should wait on the Switch for games like this. Especially not after the previous Xenoblade port. Its like they don't even understand what the draw for some games is. And even if the thing wasn't an optimized Samsung, you don't want to play a game like this on a 6 inch screen.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I shook my head when I read his post. Even if the Switch is weak......so what? What do people care about bleeding edge graphics so much?[/B]
Because Xenoblade C X was one of the best looking open worlds of the past generation easily.

You don't want to see that ported down and on a mobile screen - and that's even if the Switch is halfway decent in that regard.

If you were talking Monster Hunter or something, I wouldn't even trip. Again, if this game was on a PS4 or Xbox One it'd be ridiculous. Handheld versions of stuff like this is like watching a bootleg version of Doctor Strange on a Iphone 5s