Ya'll think Steam is gonna release a console again?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Naw, although i think a steam machine would do a lot better now than it did back then
I agree. I feel like they're leaving money on the table by not getting back into that market. Though Sony and Microsoft will probably pull some games off the platform or make them computer only.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I'd like for them to continue the software side of things. WINE and the descendants have had very good progress on the game front with Valve's involvement. It could boost the sales of another release should it happen. The previous iterations of things like BPM wasn't all that tbh.

I think they were too soon - and still are - for something like Steam Machines at the TV.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I'd like for them to continue the software side of things. WINE and the descendants have had very good progress on the game front with Valve's involvement. It could boost the sales of another release should it happen. The previous iterations of things like BPM wasn't all that tbh.

I think they were too soon - and still are - for something like Steam Machines at the TV.
Yeah they do need more first party games for sure.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
You mean the layer? Or a game?

The layer. I think they can get close enough for release-day performance, which can turn people over to try their SW offering, in turn birthing the HW adoption. That's just functional performance, though.

With software, I would like to see it once day they can do some embedding of applications into the Steam program to try and have some clean "Steam OS" where you don't need to leave it for more mundane things that isn't a game to capture casuals (ex. Netflix, Disney Plus, etc.). Those could be appified, but I don't think Valve has draw like that to get them on Linux in a serious manner. But, the flexibility of Linux makes this a possibility. I think it can be done, eventually.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
they should have released their prototype. no one wanted 3rd party Steam Machines

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would love if they do…it’d be dope to be able to jump back and forth between playing my steam collection on the TV (at a high resolution) and the deck