Yes or no... is Robot the worst main event champion in history?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I stress the term "main event" champion because there have been plenty of champions in the last 10 years who got to wear the belt but never really carried the show. Guys like Miz, Swagger, Dolph... mostly the MITB winners and stuff like that. No one ever considered them real champions. Robot on the other hand has held the belt on 3 different occasions and even got to main event 2 back to back manias.

I really don't think there's ever been anyone worse. I know it's mostly due to the company forcing him into this position and misusing him, but regardless... he's been the worst to me. His segments have become unwatchable, and this is the guy who's supposed to be the top draw. I genuinely believe we are witnessing the all time worst champion in history. Unless of course you could nominate someone worse.

So in terms of REAL champions, guys that the company actually pushed and gave main event spots to, he's the worst isn't he?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
558289c9c9255bccff434f95bf6b2dbb.jpg

Henzo

Kliq'd Up
Daps
Diesel had some good to great matches as champ

@ OP, way too early to say, for the same reason that I've never considered Daniel Bryan, who I have in my top 10 all time, as a "Main event champ"

Difference is, Roman's first title defense is against an all-time great worker, while Bryan's first defense was against Kane

Last edited:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Not even close. What a silly thread.

Nothing will ever be worse than HBK super face WWF Champion. That's the all time worst championship run in any company ever.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I count the Bret Survivor Series 95 match :bretales:

Couple halfway decent Double J matches too

:duck:

Exclude Bret Hart too because he's an elite worker too.

Hart and Michaels saved Diesel from having an abysmal title reign.

Diesel and Reigns have a lot more in common than people want to admit.

Henzo

Kliq'd Up
Daps
:duck:

Exclude Bret Hart too because he's an elite worker too.

Hart and Michaels saved Diesel from having an abysmal title reign.

Diesel and Reigns have a lot more in common than people want to admit.
Like I said we'll have to wait and see...

I thought Bryan would have an all-time top 3 title reign in any promotion back in 2014. Turns out, he got injured less than 2 defenses in. shyt happens, we'll see

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Bryan got injured but the year leading in, he out worked everyone. Including the WWE Champions at the time and his WM XXX performance blows away all time performers easily. Taker or Bret have never had to work as hard as Bryan did in early 2014 and at WM XXX.