Yo, why is Prince Naseem Hamed not in the HOF?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I just read that DLH, Trinidad, and Calzaghe all got in.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying I will rank Hamed above any of those cats, but he clearly deserves to be in. What's up?

Dan Rafael keeps voting for him too and thinks he should have been in years ago,

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
From what I have heard quite a few people hold his competition and retirement timing against him...I always liked Naseem, he was entertaining as fukk but I agree with that train of thought...He stuck around and dominated a very weak division...As soon as the competition started to get better he took an L and retired...At the end of the day your spot in the HOF should be defined by your competition and accomplishments...

:manny:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
From what I have heard quite a few people hold his competition and retirement timing against him...I always liked Naseem, he was entertaining as fukk but I agree with that train of thought...He stuck around and dominated a very weak division...As soon as the competition started to get better he took an L and retired...At the end of the day your spot in the HOF should be defined by your competition and accomplishments...

:manny:
His competition? I agree

His accomplishments? He accomplished plenty...he defended his belt like 18 times or something. Was an entertainer and brought money to the lower weight classes when the heavyweights were still the cream of the crop. Oscar started bringing in the major money during that time as well.

36-1 is nothing to be ashamed about either...the fact that he was defending the belt all those times and still won is good enough to get him that nod.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
His competition? I agree

His accomplishments? He accomplished plenty...he defended his belt like 18 times or something. Was an entertainer and brought money to the lower weight classes when the heavyweights were still the cream of the crop. Oscar started bringing in the major money during that time as well.
I agree Naseem did accomplish great things for the sport by bringing attention to the lower weights but is the bold that big of an accomplishment when the dudes your fighting don't belong in the ring with you?

Naseem's resume really ain't that impressive breh...How many divisions did he dominate? He went from super bantam straight to feather and stayed there...Longevity? Controversially retired after 36 fights...What was Naseem's most notable win? Kevin Kelly? Cesar Soto? Wilfredo Vasquez? Nothing really stands out aside for his streak and his entertainment value and even that's debatable...The dudes voting are primarily old CAC's so it's easy to see how they might not approve of his "shenanigans" which me and you found entertaining...

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
This usually happens in the boxing world when there is something to hide, what there is to hide about PNH idk, his power was suspect as fukk though

Agrees with @Amare's Right Hook, on this, thats all that really needed to be said.......

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
But when there is something shady these things happen in the boxing world

THey don't even mention ODH diving for BHOP, and Clottley choosing to be a punching bag, then boasting about it and recieving a bonus, they don't even mention these fights at all aymore. The latter I noticed HBO Completely erased from a Manny timeline of his fights in the lead up to Rios..........

When shady shyt happens in boxing, it gets covered, now about PNH once again, IDK...

I would love to here yall speculate

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
The Hall of Fame though is based on votes from Boxing Journalists right? I know they go through a process of actually putting Fighters on the ballot which might be the issue, but I think eventually he'll get in. A lot of the HOF really is a popularity contest, it really is. Arturo Gatti, RIP, got in because of the type of fighter he was and the fights he had more so than his accolades as a World Champion. There's a lot of fighters like that in the Hall. Naseem I think could've made a better case for himself to be inducted after the 5 year point of retirement but that Barrera fight really shut everything off. He missed out on potential fights with Morales, Pacquiao, and maybe Marquez.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
The Hall of Fame though is based on votes from Boxing Journalists right? I know they go through a process of actually putting Fighters on the ballot which might be the issue, but I think eventually he'll get in. A lot of the HOF really is a popularity contest, it really is. Arturo Gatti, RIP, got in because of the type of fighter he was and the fights he had more so than his accolades as a World Champion. There's a lot of fighters like that in the Hall. Naseem I think could've made a better case for himself to be inducted after the 5 year point of retirement but that Barrera fight really shut everything off. He missed out on potential fights with Morales, Pacquiao, and maybe Marquez.
There are nikkas with 50 to 60 l's in the boxing HOF, there HOF is as pointless as the NBA hall of fame because there's a shot of anyone getting in......

Now Why the fukk Prince Naseem aint in is still a good ass question, given what I just stated

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Correct the selections are made by chosen journalists...

I dont agree with folks bringing Gatti into this discussion...I think thats a very poor comparison to try to make a case for Naseem...They both held titles in two divisions but Gatti's competition was substantially better...Gatti fought a prime DLH any Floyd Jr...Yes he was badly outclassed in both of those fights but at least he took the L's like a champ and didn't retire like Naseem did... On top of that Gatti was in a handful of classic fights including one of the all time greatest trilogies...Naseem has none of that on his resume, he was never tested until he met MAB and caught an L...

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Correct the selections are made by chosen journalists...

I dont agree with folks bringing Gatti into this discussion...I think thats a very poor comparison to try to make a case for Naseem...They both held titles in two divisions but Gatti's competition was substantially better...Gatti fought a prime DLH any Floyd Jr...Yes he was badly outclassed in both of those fights but at least he took the L's like a champ and didn't retire like Naseem did... On top of that Gatti was in a handful of classic fights including one of the all time greatest trilogies...Naseem has none of that on his resume, he was never tested until he met MAB and caught an L...
If people shyt on Gatti, is Morales, and Barrera HOF worthy........

If yall believe so whats the difference, i'll wait..........

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
If people shyt on Gatti, is Morales, and Barrera HOF worthy........

If yall believe so whats the difference, i'll wait..........
Over Naseem? Yes they are

Both MAB and Morales fought substantially better competition and their trilogy alone is enough to get my vote...MAB had 74 professional fights held straps in 4 different divisions...you would be downright insane to vote Naseem in over MAB...

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Over Naseem? Yes they are

Both MAB and Morales fought substantially better competition and their trilogy alone is enough to get my vote...MAB had 74 professional fights held straps in 4 different divisions...you would be downright insane to vote Naseem in over MAB...
Post this better competition and do you really want to put it up next to the names Gatti fought win lose or draw

I knew you would bring up the trilogy but without it would they be HOF worthy fighters, is Gatti slighted because he's not Hispanic???????????????

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Post this better competition and do you really want to put it up next to the names Gatti fought win lose or draw

I knew you would bring up the trilogy but without it would they be HOF worthy fighters, is Gatti slighted because he's not Hispanic???????????????
You're like that little kid that keeps asking "and then" just to be annoying...Your entire argument is baseless and fukking retarded...Race has nothing to do with this...This will be my last response directed towards you...I already know your response to this post is going to be a list filled with dudes with padded W/L records and no straps because that's the type of guys Naseem fought...

Straight off the top of my head...notable career fights...

Gatti - 2 division champ - Mayweather, DLH, Leija, Ward 3 times

MAB - 4 division champ - Naseem, Morales 3 times, Pacquiao twice, JMM, Paulie Ayala, Johnny Tapia

Morales - 4 division champ - MAB 3 times, Pacquiao 3 times, Paulie Ayala, Danny Garcia twice, Maidana

compare that to...

Nassem - 2 division champ - Kevin Kelley (who MAB and Morales both defeated),Cesar Soto and MAB