You Are Pregnant And The Bro Asks For DNA Tests

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Did I say it was selfish for someone to want an STD test before they have sex with someone?? Not at all!

Don't put words in my mouth.

I wasn't referring to the STD test with that comment sweetie. I was referring to his feelings of insecurity and her feelings of betrayal/insecurity or whatever she's feeling after he asks for the test.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I'm guessing you wouldn't think it's crazy at all if a wife subjected her husband to condoms use and regular STD testing (maybe even regular lie detector tests) since there's no of knowing if he's actually being faithful (and she has to protect herself since she really never knows). He should just be okay with that and do it?

Why not?

Why wouldn't the husband just go ahead and do that?

Husbands do that kind of thing all the time!

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Why not?

Why wouldn't the husband just go ahead and do that?

Husbands do that kind of thing all the time!

You have some stats...or stories beyond the personal ones that suit your point because if we are going off anecdotes I don't know any husband and wife doing that.

bennett

Rookie
Daps
I'm guessing you wouldn't think it's crazy at all if a wife subjected her husband to condoms use and regular STD testing (maybe even regular lie detector tests) since there's no of knowing if he's actually being faithful (and she has to protect herself since she really never knows). He should just be okay with that and do it?

First, let me say that I don't believe there is a "one size fits all" way of dealing with all relationships, and that people need to know their mates and go from there. But regarding STD's and such, I feel that sexual responsibility is on each us, as individuals, and we have to do whatever we can on our end to lessen risks. If that means, as a woman -- even a married woman -- that she requires the use of condoms, it's her right. Just as it's her husbands right to not be okay with her decision.

Personally, I think it's unwise to have 100% blind trust in anyone. We're raised to "be aware" of this, that, and the other all our lives, but toss all of that out the window JUST because of marriage. Not me.

And I'm cool with being asked for a paternity test because I don't roll like that. I am also person who likes to be sure about things/situations, and wouldn't blame my husband for being that same way.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan

I actually don't see a prollem wit dis.

shyt also can put mah mind at ease knowin she ain't ridin dirty neeva. We bof can do it togetha.:yeshrug:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
You have some stats...or stories beyond the personal ones that suit your point because if we are going off anecdotes I don't know any husband and wife doing that.

Personal stories are the best, because you've observed them yourself.

If you haven't observed anything like that I won't knock you, but I have.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I actually don't see a prollem wit dis.

shyt also can put mah mind at ease knowin she ain't ridin dirty neeva. We bof can do it togetha.:yeshrug:

As long as you aren't a hypocrite. I personally couldn't live like that. I'd rather be alone than be in a trust less relationship.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Personal stories are the best, because you've observed them yourself.

If you haven't observed anything like that I won't knock you, but I have.

But stats show that you the personal stories you've written about just far (men raising children that are theirs) are not the norm, but the VAST minority of cases. That's why stats are important...so people can see that their neighborhood is not the world.

bennett

Rookie
Daps
I honestly don't know of any studies about the percentage of men named as fathers of kids who are not biologically theirs. However I do know of enough instances of this occuring that I feel it's in a man's best interest to have a DNA test administered.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
First, let me say that I don't believe there is a "one size fits all" way of dealing with all relationships, and that people need to know their mates and go from there. But regarding STD's and such, I feel that sexual responsibility is on each us, as individuals, and we have to do whatever we can on our end to lessen risks. If that means, as a woman -- even a married woman -- that she requires the use of condoms, it's her right. Just as it's her husbands right to not be okay with her decision.

Personally, I think it's unwise to have 100% blind trust in anyone. We're raised to "be aware" of this, that, and the other all our lives, but toss all of that out the window JUST because of marriage. Not me.

And I'm cool with being asked for a paternity test because I don't roll like that. I am also person who likes to be sure about things/situations, and wouldn't blame my husband for being that same way.

But is your response to him that it doesn't matter if he's not okay with it because "it's not about him"? That's all I want to know.

I am NOT cool with being asked for paternity test by my husband (boyfriend I don't care because we aren't married) even though I don't roll like that and would pass with flying colors. Why? Because if I planned a family with a man then I be damn if he wants to question it now.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
But stats show that you the personal stories you've written about just far (men raising children that are theirs) are not the norm, but the VAST minority of cases. That's why stats are important...so people can see that their neighborhood is not the world.

"The Norm" and stats mean little to zero when that "non-normal" event does happen, though.

The most important thing at that point is the fact that you have to deal with it.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
"The Norm" and stats mean little to zero when that "non-normal" event does happen, though.

The most important thing at that point is the fact that you have to deal with it.

Everyone shouldn't be treated like suspects because of the ratchet minority.