You ever wonder why NYC never got behind ASAP they way they do these new mediocre acts?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
It wasn't an organic thing. Young MA and Bobby had songs that had the streets on fire.

organic? :russ:

This is what I'm talking about. To y'all, organic equals "release shytty music for years that no one but your immediate crew/block listens to. Do this until you get a major cosign from Jay-Z/Bey/Dre whoever."

But "plant" is "release one song on tumblr and let it go viral, and once that song shows real interest in your music/aesthetic, you sign a deal and release non-cosign dependent music."

shyt is weird to me. Young MA and Bobby didn't have the streets on fire until the right-on-time cosigns started pouring in.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
ASAP is huge in NYC

They aren't nearly as active musically as the other nikkas you talking about, so it may seem like they ain't poppin

Most them asap nikkas into the fashion world and shyt now anyway so they kinda out the limelight

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

This is what I'm talking about. To y'all, organic equals "release shytty music for years that no one but your immediate crew/block listens to. Do this until you get a major cosign from Jay-Z/Bey/Dre whoever."

But "plant" is "release one song on tumblr and let it go viral, and once that song shows real interest in your music/aesthetic, you sign a deal and release non-cosign dependent music."

shyt is weird to me. Young MA and Bobby didn't have the streets on fire until the right-on-time cosigns started pouring in.
:hhh: Bobby had maybe 1-2 other songs recorded by the time "hot nikka" was released. That's why his first tape was a comp of his crew music. Dumbass still speaking on shyt u don't know

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
:hhh: Bobby had maybe 1-2 other songs recorded by the time "hot nikka" was released. That's why his first tape was a comp of his crew music. Dumbass still speaking on shyt u don't know

:duck:

99% of Bobby's listeners had no idea who he was until Hot nikka started buzzing on vine. I saw the video for Hot nikka when it had like 10,000 views. And the video had already been out for months, languishing online. So stop it.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside

Nah Bobby was known locally. He GS9 that's a set with a big legacy.

I hate NY threads, nikkas be having no clue what they talk about.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

both songs were flamin hot in NY before all those cosigns came in and they blew up nationwide :why:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Nah Bobby was known locally. He GS9 that's a set with a big legacy.

I hate NY threads, nikkas be having no clue what they talk about.
:ld: What that have to do with him not having really released much of anything before hot nikka?

Only other song u could find from him at that time was smoney dance which was rowdy song. Until that comp mixtape dropped. Just cause his gang is known don't mean he was known as a rapper

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
:ld: What that have to do with him not having really released much of anything before hot nikka?

Only other song u could find from him at that time was smoney dance which was rowdy song. Until that comp mixtape dropped. Just cause his gang is known don't mean he was known as a rapper

nikka u don't know what u talking about. Plz shut he fukk up. I'm not going back and forth with u.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Asap rocky came out of nowhere and was championed by cac hipster publications and catapulted to stardom, no grassroots anything, he just became a star overnight..

Even with that considered, most young people in ny embraced asap.. it was a few older people that said he sounded like he was from the south but they were the vast minority. Everybody isnt going to like something, thats life. Instead of accepting that u rocky stans have held onto the fact that a few nikkas didnt like him and blame NY as a whole for rocky not becoming a huge platinum selling rapper when the reality is he has no one to blame but himself for rocking dresses and regressing musically.

A Boogie and Don Q are the ones that most young people are fukking with now and its strictly about the music, no one cares if they were in a gang or did any dirt, good music is good music. Theyre being embraced just like Rocky was, and the ball is in their hands for them to either carry it or drop it like Rocky did:mjpls:
Correct answer