You Larry Holmes ass nikkas are ruining the Booth

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
What sound do you wanna hear? Regional? 90s replicas?
Vince Staples is good, I'd start with Progressive 2 or Hell Can Wait.
Newest lyrical project I'm fukking with is iiiDrops by Joey Purp.
Isaiah Rashad is good, listen to both of his projects.
Earl Sweatshirt, Freddie Gibbs. PM if you want more
i'll go through these one's first and pm if i want more
:salute:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most of these dudes crying about how terrible everything is are just mad because music made 20-30 years apart don't sound exactly the same or have the exact same stylistic approach.

As if ANY musical genre's sound has ever stayed the same over the course of 20-30 years :martin:

40'/s Blues sound anything like 60's soul/r&b?

60's soul/r&b sound anything like 80's r&b?

80's r&b sound anything like 2000's r&b?

NOPE

So why the fukk people think rap is gonna be any different? :martin:

If you grew up off 90's rap...music made 20 years afterwards aren't supposed to be specifically catered towards your tastes...

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with this too but that's hilarious coming from you...you are single-handedly the reason k rino gets dissed on this forum....
By trolls and psychotic haters as I mentioned. K-Rino is 1 of the artists dropping quality still very active, a quantity of quality too, he has 7 albums dropping this year. Aside from that you have had Cormega, Havoc, Z-Ro, KRS-One, The Four Owlz, Shay D, Brother Ali, Maya Miko, Scarface, Chino XL, Ras Kass and many others who have been dropping quality music, many others. If there's nothing people can like out of the sea of music then that's more of a reflection on their limited tastes to me...

If you can't enjoy something from some of Fashawn, Ghostface, Wu Tang Clan in general, Blu, J Cole, Wise Intelligent along with some of the other artists I mentioned then probably something wrong with your tastes cause they all making good but different music to satisfy different stylistic preferences.

Also, it's not hilarious coming from me, it's potent coming from me, because I've made countless music threads about countless different artists over the years have been here not to mention on forums prior to this.. So the fact trolls and attention seeking morons try to "diss" me only emphasises my points. I have some of the most diverse threads historically and very little if any complaining about music threads if any. It's normally about discussing and appreciating music or posting new or overlooked music.

Last edited:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
The problem nowadays is bad song writing & too many people trying to hop on the "what's hot" wave. That recipe is what we have today to put it simply. Also the fact that you have to "search" for good music puts a lot of people off when it used to be readily available.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick sold 378k, not 178.

Other than that yes, these retarded old heads do not like music they just enjoying hating on shyt.
That was proven in the R&B thread, where they said vulgarity killed R&B and then I posted like 20 non-vulgar artists and they just kept on talking about these 4-5 artists :snoop:

They are like grumpy old women that get together to complain about their husbands, acting like they can't get a divorce.
The problem is that they hate on Drake, yet they know everything about him and all his bars etc. Meaning that they play his music, watch his videos etc, which translates into him getting bigger deals, more radio play etc.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Y'all make the same threads every gotdamn day :mindblown:
How can y'all understand how to use the internet, but not understand the effects of the internet age on music? Mfs steady complaining about rap is trash, but the only things you quote to support that claim is the radio and the XXL freshman list. It's fukking 2016, everybody with a laptop can make music. If you want to find lyricists and shyt you have to do a little more than open up a magazine and expect the greatest rappers of this generation to be spoon fed to you.
Even that is a half truth, Kendrick sold 320k his first week with TPAB. Young Thug did less than 30k with Barter 6. Even Future the biggest trap rapper made less sales than Cole and Kendrick with DS2, so miss me with that, real rap isn't promoted bullshyt. Y'all wanna hear dope rappers but put forth zero effort towards finding them.
:stopitslime:
You just too young to understand. You probably thought Kurtis Blow's first album was good. Hip hop had already fallen off by then. :flabbynsick:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
"B..b..but mumbling rap" :sadbron:

"B..b..but Cacs ruining everything" :sadbron:

"B..b..but auto tune" :sadbron:

"B..b..but bars" :sadbron:

Same Ol threads and same Ol comments

:russell::russell:

Basically.

You can tell who just shrugs it off and is like 'its not for me' when it comes to newer artists or the ones who purposely seek out certain artists, ignoring others, so that way they can re-affirm how Hip Hop they are because Kodak Black isn't as nice as Notorious BIG.

It's like saying the NBA is 100% trash right now compared to the Jordan era because, you know, Jabari Parker.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Culture vulture cacs fukked up hip hop and the booth . they're frauds
Culture vulture CACs like Lil Uzi Vert and Lil Yachty? Or do you mean Young Ma? If not her you mean Desiigner right? Well if not him certainly you mean Young/Lil Dolph right? Those damn white folks!

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
:camby:

That's not true at all. Look at the recent thread for Ka's album (if you know who that is).
You're only reinforcing my point. Earl, Ka, and Mick Jenkins had new threads about them, they couldn't even stay on the 1st page for a day. And these "rap is garbage" clowns are nowhere to be found in any of those threads. These dudes just can't get over their nostalgia.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Most of these dudes crying about how terrible everything is are just mad because music made 20-30 years apart don't sound exactly the same or have the exact same stylistic approach.

As if ANY musical genre's sound has ever stayed the same over the course of 20-30 years :martin:

40'/s Blues sound anything like 60's soul/r&b?

60's soul/r&b sound anything like 80's r&b?

80's r&b sound anything like 2000's r&b?

NOPE

So why the fukk people think rap is gonna be any different? :martin:

If you grew up off 90's rap...music made 20 years afterwards aren't supposed to be specifically catered towards your tastes...

Yerp........goes for any genre of music.

Take pop, look at the bullshyt they made in the 80s, and look at it now. Rock too. <------Not that I listen to any of that bullshyt.

I will admit us white folks fukked up making EDM a popular thing :snoop:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
What sound do you wanna hear? Regional? 90s replicas?
Vince Staples is good, I'd start with Progressive 2 or Hell Can Wait.
Newest lyrical project I'm fukking with is iiiDrops by Joey Purp.
Isaiah Rashad is good, listen to both of his projects.
Earl Sweatshirt, Freddie Gibbs. PM if you want more

All these brehs are good (haven't listened to Rashad or Joey Purp yet) but for some reason they're not the ones that are really "at the top", I guess we can all agree on that. THAT's what makes us :flabbynsick: brehs kind of pissed off, why are Young Lil whatevers mumbling heard everywhere while I have to look for actual rappers? I didn't have to look for Meth, Sean P or Doom (all much better rappers than the young brehs you listed), let alone Pac, Big or Nas. As I said before, there's dope music in every era, and wack music in any era. I have no problem listening to some turnup mumbleswagrap in the club or whatever. I don't have a problem looking for my music either, but it used to be you would look for obscure b-side instrumentals or (for me being in Europe) for some mixtapes I couldn't get here. Now I have easier to access to US music and it's harder to find quality :francis:

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
Let your feelings get hurt on the internet brehs

Lil uzi vert is a thing future has fans lil yatchy hasn't been laughed out a studio yet etc etc etc etc etc etc.....it more of those shytty motherfukkers than actual spitters nowadays.... shyt its like 20 lil uzi verts to 1 Kendrick and that's a sick ratio

But with all that being said I will say this I mostly agree with you but

Get out your feelings breh it's a hip hop forum to discuss hip hop related things...shytting on horrible mumble rappers is ok.....people saying they like said mumble rappers is also ok......that's what the board is for.....welcome to the Internet where your opinion sucks and everybody hates you......

Also :umad::umad::umad::umad:

:troll:

:bryan: :bryan: like seriously how can you not make fun of this sht? :heh: look at these fools prancing all over the stage and poking they asses out for each other while cacs in the crowd got the :gladbron:face....talkin but "umm yeah"...wtf :heh: