4. Ludacris
  5. J. Cole
  6. T.I.
  7. Phonte
  8. Big K.R.I.T.
  9. Jeezy
  10. Project Pat
Commentary:
  • I think Outkast is the goat group and rappers from the south period. If I was forced to put one in front of the other I would say Andre is a little bit better than Big Boi.
  • Lil Wayne had a monster run from the Squad up mixtapes all the way to Carter 3 and I loved every minute of it. He is right behind Outkast to me in terms of putting on for the south and making a mark on hip hop.
  • Ludacris is so forgotten and underrated that it's crazy. He had a great 3-4 album run with tons of classic songs and moments in hip hop that'll never be forgotten. fukk with you heard he does have a classic album it's called Word of Mouf.
  • Jermaine Cole is one of the leaders of the new school. Super talented I think his best work is probably Forrest Hills Drive. He's right there with Drake and Kendrick battling for the crown.
  • T.I. had a dope run from the underrated I'm Serious to King which is where he peaked. He's put out crazy anthems and hits and has an arguable classic album in Trap Muzik.
  • Most will say he doesn't belong in a top 10 in the south but this is based on the music I listen to and fukk with the most. I would be remiss to mention how much I fukked with his first 2 projects Krit Wuz Here and Return of 4Ever...both were heat rocks. He never quite made that mainstream splash I thought he could possibly make, but he's super talented and came out my city proud of this kid.
  • Jeezy gets a spot based on just on Thug Motivation 101 alone. Changed the game when it came to adlibs. Jeezy has some crazy anthems and classic songs. Has a classic mixtape and album so he's on the list definitely.
  • Project Pat-ta makes the list because I love the fukk outta 3-6 Mafia/Hypnotize Camp Posse. His whole rap style is dope as fukk period. Check out Ghetty Green and Mista Don't Play. Not to mention Project Pat was one of the first rappers to drop that red pill knowledge on men with the song "Don't Save Her".
  • Notable rappers not on the list like 8ball & MJG, Scarface, Goodie Mob, Gucci Mane, UGK, etc. I just don't fukk with there music enough to put them on my list that simple. I love some Scarface records but to say I actually played his shyt on the same level as I played these other 10 artists is just be telling a fukking lie. Same thing with UGK and 8ball & MJG.

West Coast:
  1. 2pac
  2. Kendrick Lamar
  3. Ice Cube
  4. The D.O.C.
  5. Snoop Dogg
  6. Dr. Dre
  7. The Game
  8. SchoolBoy Q
  9. Xzibit
  10. Tyler The Creator
Commentary:
  • I'm not the biggest fan of west coast hip hop. I just recently fell in love with some The Pharcyde's music. I've been playing Runnin' and Passin' Me By like crazy. Anyway, I just named the 10 artists that I've fukked with the most.
  • Yes, Kendrick Lamar is 2nd all-time behind 2pac. He's dropped multiple classic albums and arguable classic albums.
  • The D.O.C. would probably be top 3 if he never gets in a car accident. Do yourself a favor and listen to No One Can Do It Better. Yes Schoolboy Q makes my list because he's made several records I love. His last joint was so slept on it's a crime.
  • If you're wondering why some rappers like Kurrupt, Spice-1, Paris, or E-40 are not here I just haven't listened to enough of their music to say I really fukk with it like that. I may have heard some albums but I haven't taken the deep dive I need.

Mid-West:
  1. Eminem
  2. Kanye West
  3. Common
  4. Lupe Fiasco
  5. Royce Da 5'9
  6. Elzhi
  7. Twista
  8. Freddie Gibbs
  9. Nelly
  10. Danny Brown
Commentary:
  • Probably the easiest list to compile.
  • I really wanted a Bone Thug rep on here but I only really loved Bizzy's first solo joint Heaven's Movie. I don't think he's better than Krayzie but the mid-west just had too much talent.
  • Em is easily the best talent to come out of the mid-west.
  • Nelly makes it because I dug his run and still listen to some of those hits to this day. Ride wit Me is still my joint to this day. :lolbron:
  • Danny makes it for XXX and Atrocity Exhibition alone I love those records.
  • Gibbs makes it because of his Madlib joints .
  • Royce Da 5'9 has a chance to go higher with his run as of late.

East Coast:
  1. Jay-z
  2. The Notorious B.I.G.
  3. Nas
  4. 50 Cent
  5. DMX
  6. Busta Rhymes
  7. Prodigy
  8. Method Man
  9. Redman
  10. Black Thought
Commentary:
  • East coast list is so hard to make :mjcry:
  • I had to go with the rappers I loved growing up
  • Jay-z is the Goat so he's #1 he's earned it. His discography is filthy way too much heat. If I had to pick one rapper's discography to be stranded with on an island it would be Jay-z.
  • My first tape was Big Poppa side A and Warning side B. I'm finding new favorite Big songs all the time. I'm loving A Long Kiss Goodnight so much right now.
  • Nas was right there as one of my favorites growing up he's a must on my list. My introduction to Nas is so different from most people. I didn't really start listening to dude until I Am.. dropped and Nas is Like touched my soul.
  • 50 Cent was an era his reign on top was short like leprechauns, but he made a mark on the mixtape game and album sales. His old shyt on Power of the Dollar is fire. Get Rich or Die Trying is one of the best rap albums ever fax.
  • DMX had a run as well that I enjoyed. I wish he could have made one more joint that was highly respected. He peaked in the early 2000s while Jay-z kept trucking along.
  • Prodigy is just raw street rap unfiltered. I started listening to Mobb Deep around Murder Muzik. Quiet Storm was just a whole different vibe to me. Prodigy the first rapper to not rhyme words and make that shyt hot.
  • Method Man doesn't have the albums but his voice, flow, and presence on tracks is unprecedented. He's on some of my favorite rap songs of all time.
  • Redman is another dude I found later in his career probably around Doc's Da Name but fell in love with his old shyt as well. My favorite joint is Dare Iz a Darkside.
  • Got into The Roots late around Phrenology. When I heart Thought @ Work I was in awe of his emceeing ability. Since then I've followed dude and he's a monster and only getting better.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No order

South:
Dre
Face
Z-Ro
Mac
8Ball