Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
I’d say the majority. I add salt to my water but to keep it a bean I can’t really taste the difference
If you added enough, you would be able to taste the difference trust me. When you boil pasta; chefs always say the pasta water should be "as salty as the sea" 99.9% of that salt is going down the drain and not into your food. Season your pasta water, season your rice water, season the water you boil your potatoes in. Season your food please.
I am guilty of putting cheese on fish based pasta dishes like prawn linguine and fruit de la mer.
I love pineapple on pizza
I make garlic bread with lasagna and other pasta based dishes

Last edited:

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
They used to hate on me when I always asked for bolognese sauce with spaghetti
:mjcry: and I still want meat balls too got damn it :dame:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You should always salt your pasta water but adding oil to the water is just wasting your oil. It does nothing at all to the pasta.
I had a friend who would buy expensive olive oil with the intention of using it in her pasta water. I would tell her how useless that was but she was goofy and saw some TV chef do it so she figured it had to be done.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
You should always salt your pasta water but adding oil to the water is just wasting your oil. It does nothing at all to the pasta.
I had a friend who would buy expensive olive oil with the intention of using it in her pasta water. I would tell her how useless that was but she was goofy and saw some TV chef do it so she figured it had to be done.
Yea I’ve seen that :heh: add the oil afterwards if you want and toss a bit otherwise that’s just an expensive addition to your sink

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I like the presentation value of plating plain pasta on a dish before putting sauce on top of it. In culinary school we were encouraged to make food look appetizing, not just taste good.
Premixing it just makes look like canned spaghetti.
to me this looks better
Weeknight-Spaghetti-Bolognese-Best-Recipe.jpg

than this
1640256.jpg

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the whole cappucino thing after a meal only makes sense if you're eating some kind of dessert to counter the sweetness imo.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I like the presentation value of plating plain pasta on a dish before putting sauce on top of it. In culinary school we were encouraged to make food look appetizing, not just taste good.
to me this looks better

than this
1640256.jpg

another way of doing it wrong.

You’re suppose to cook pasta al dente and then transfer the pasta to the sauce with a little bit of the starchy pasta water so the sauce sticks to the noodles.

The hot pasta sauce will continue to “cook” the noodle so that it’s not too chewy when al dente.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
to me this looks better

than this
1640256.jpg

I also used to do this. I don't anymore, now I mix it in. Now I never have left over pasta with no use for it.

I also recently started using the egg method for my carbonara, which I love but it's not great for left overs.