Youtube Critics beefing over anti-DC agenda

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Anti DC agenda began long before the comic book movie run. Hell, if you want to go back at it, it started back in the 90s when Marvel was 'cool' for having so many anti heroes like Wolverine and Deadpool and Punisher. Even the X Men films were highly overrated when it launched its first one back in 2000. The critics gassed it up and soooooo many people bought the DVD when it came out, thinking it was the pinnacle of comic book movies.

People been against DC since they all considered Superman 'boring' and Aquaman 'lame' thinking it's still Superfriends era. The Existence of the MCU just heightened the anti DC agenda outside of Batman and called them 'dull' for having the DCEU coming into play when Marvel had nearly no competition in the movies for nearly 20 yeara.
Holy shyt :dead: breh. DC was practically printing money in the 90s. All Marvel comics heroes were slowly turning in wolverine cuz he was their guaranteed sell.

Marvel was dumping out shyt tier films cuz they were broke while DC was coming off those Batman films high. They were even killing the TV game. Come on breh. Marvel had to sell characters to pay the bills, everybody thought Marvel was done.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Holy shyt :dead: breh. DC was practically printing money in the 90s. All Marvel comics heroes were slowly turning in wolverine cuz he was their guaranteed sell.

Marvel was dumping out shyt tier films cuz they were broke while DC was coming off those Batman films high. They were even killing the TV game. Come on breh. Marvel had to sell characters to pay the bills, everybody thought Marvel was done.

The general public still liked Marvel more, kinda like how people liked mixtape street rappers more than the mainstream ones. DC was associated with being old fashioned and corny.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Anti DC agenda began long before the comic book movie run. Hell, if you want to go back at it, it started back in the 90s when Marvel was 'cool' for having so many anti heroes like Wolverine and Deadpool and Punisher. Even the X Men films were highly overrated when it launched its first one back in 2000. The critics gassed it up and soooooo many people bought the DVD when it came out, thinking it was the pinnacle of comic book movies.

People been against DC since they all considered Superman 'boring' and Aquaman 'lame' thinking it's still Superfriends era. The Existence of the MCU just heightened the anti DC agenda outside of Batman and called them 'dull' for having the DCEU coming into play when Marvel had nearly no competition in the movies for nearly 20 yeara.
So the anti-DC agenda thing is just people liking the Marvel Universe more from the comics? I doubt most movie critics even read comics but I'll play along.
This just sounds like preference to me and one company knowing the audience better. Marvel had anti-heroes that appealed to the public more. That's hard work at your craft and being on the pulse of what's next. Marvel deserves kudos for that, the audience doesn't deserve to be called biased. They were turned bias by superior material.
What was going on before the 1990s? Oh Superman was the biggest superhero since slice bread. Seems that after they stopped you know making good movies featuring him and whatever was goingon in the comics wasn't too appealing either. That's how he turned 'lame'. DC just dropped the ball my G. Captain America was 'lame' until Marvel started making movies and his characterization well-rounded and you know turned him into something 'cool'. DC doesn't have that capacity I guess. lol

Daps
Reppin
St louis
bvs was a peice of shyt......period.
wat6rr.jpg

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
So the anti-DC agenda thing is just people liking the Marvel Universe more from the comics? I doubt most movie critics even read comics but I'll play along.
This just sounds like preference to me and one company knowing the audience better. Marvel had anti-heroes that appealed to the public more. That's hard work at your craft and being on the pulse of what's next. Marvel deserves kudos for that, the audience doesn't deserve to be called biased. They were turned bias by superior material.
What was going on before the 1990s? Oh Superman was the biggest superhero since slice bread. Seems that after they stopped you know making good movies featuring him and whatever was goingon in the comics wasn't too appealing either. That's how he turned 'lame'. DC just dropped the ball my G. Captain America was 'lame' until Marvel started making movies and his characterization well-rounded and you know turned him into something 'cool'. DC doesn't have that capacity I guess. lol

The problem is, the public stopped striving to be better people. They are content with flaws and not attempting to change for the better. That's why there are so many anti-heroes out for selfish ideas like revenge and even greed, and Marvel knows how to deliver that. And DC stopped appealing to the general population that wants the lowest common denominator.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The problem is, the public stopped striving to be better people. They are content with flaws and not attempting to change for the better. That's why there are so many anti-heroes out for selfish ideas like revenge and even greed, and Marvel knows how to deliver that. And DC stopped appealing to the general population that wants the lowest common denominator.
Oh it's the public's fault they like more realistic heroes instead of idealistic because YOU think they aren't striving to be better people?! :dahell:
Dude seriously you sound crazy. What is the evidence people stopped striving to be better people besides voices in your head?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

:heh: what??!!?!?

I loved the DC movies... the original superman and first batman... the only one's I didnt like was the schumacher ones...

If DC made a film worth watching maybe it wouldnt be so hated?!!? :yeshrug: and I'm not biased against DC in anyway. I was hoping BVS would be that holy grail of a movie and it fell short... They got the batman right, but that superman :snoop: horrible...

The dichotomy between batman / superman is darkness and light two sides of the same coin. you cant have a batman who's dark and brooding and have a dark, conflicted and brooding superman on top...

If they lightened superman up and made him more down to earth and human then maybe it would have drawn in better reviews... No one wants to see a mopey ass superman... :why: