YouTube to Remove Thousands of Videos Pushing Extreme Views

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That's true, but we can't make assumptions about info we don't have. :kanyebp:

The assumptions are on what was provided. We can assume ANYTHING until they provide data which disproves the assumption.

“Videos about cats” being extreme is a valid assumption someone can make until Youtube provides confirmation that this is not included.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The assumptions are on what was provided. We can assume ANYTHING until they provide data which disproves the assumption.

“Videos about cats” being extreme is a valid assumption someone can make until Youtube provides confirmation that this is not included.

We can make inferences, though, based on what's provided.

Nothing supports the notion that Black YT-ers are being targeted for being Black. (Or that cat videos are being considered extreme, for that matter.)

If a Black YT-er gets banned, it would, ostensibly, be because they're posting antisemitic, neo-Nazi, misogynist, or white supremacist (!) content.

We can't make those kinds of unwarranted assumptions in this case.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Why is any black media dependent on Susan Wojcicki's for-profit enterprise to distribute content in 2019?

Susan-Wojcicki-YouTube-Fortune-Interview.jpg

Susan Diane Wojcicki (born July 5, 1968) is a Polish-American technology executive. She has been the CEO of YouTube since February 2014.

Wojcicki was involved in the founding of Google, and became Google's first marketing manager in 1999. She was in charge of Google's original video service, and after observing the success of YouTube, proposed the acquisition of YouTube by Google in 2006.

Wojcicki has an estimated net worth of nearly $500 million.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We can make inferences, though, based on what's provided.

Nothing supports the notion that Black YT-ers are being targeted for being Black. (Or that cat videos are being considered extreme, for that matter.)

If a Black YT-er gets banned, it would, ostensibly, be because they're posting antisemitic, neo-Nazi, misogynist, or white supremacist (!) content.

We can't make those kinds of unwarranted assumptions in this case.

:mjlol: If someone has to say “i hate ____” to be extreme or have ill intent to you then all i can say is good luck in life.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I'm concerned that this will offer them cover to remove videos from the likes of Professor Black Truth and other pro-black intellectuals whose content consists of deconstructing the common lies of white supremacy. :francis:
You see it too?

:mjpls:

That's EXACTLY what's going to happen.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It’s hard to be happy cause people will whine and be like “bu bu what about this guy or that guy?” People get mad about these channels then get mad when YouTube does something about them talking about they’re coming for this person next. It’s whatever either way.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
"somebody think of the nazis right to spread propaganda y'all" levels of concern trolling already in this thread
Dumbass false equivalence and all apologies for using the term dumbass I was referring to what you were saying about that I quoted...not you personally.

But let's be real here.

For every nazi channel YouTube gets rid of they will probably get rid of 5 or black issues/politics/socioeconomic commentary channels. Some of yall black folks dont understand that the dominant society (aka white folks) see criticisms of white society by black people on racism and structular inequality as akin to RACISM against white people themselves. That's alot of the Trump right wing train thought processes on racism. They want excuses to be racist while denying any racism on their part and call anybody who calls them out as racists...as racists or anti-white. DARVO people. (DENY ATTACK REVERSE VICTIM AND OFFENDER). This way of thinking alleviates and dismisses any white guilt they may have...I've observed this from being on Twitter especially!!!

No one is caping for white supremacists here so I would love it if people stop jumping to ridiculous false equivalencies and wild conclusions.

Pewdiepie is YouTube's biggest star and a 100% alt right white supremacist virtue signaler. After the christ church massacre in NZ...his followership actually WENT UP! by millions!!!
:mindblown:

You know why YouTube won't get rid of him?

He brings in too much money and viewers. And this is somebody who has fans that are teens. And kids. And he redpilled thousands upon thousands of young white people into becoming radicalized through his videos from playing video games to 4ch*n to st0rmfr0nt.

Do you really expect multi billion dollar tech companies to do the right thing after they verified white supremacists on social media platforms while banning black people on the same platforms for condemning racism and criticizing white supremacy?

Those white liberal tech companies are in bed with white supremacists and by pretending not to be biased and for free speech actually have empowered them.

I dont know what's so hard to understand.

This forum is pro black anti white supremacy nobody is caping for Nazis please stop this false equivalence.

We're just skeptical cause we've already seen this play out on sites like Facebook where black activists and community organizers have been labeled black identity extremists by the FBI for condemning racism and white supremacy all while resources dedicated to fighting white supremacy by the government have been defunded or used towards other ventures in the Trump administration which has failed to condemn white supremacy and the rise of right wing domestic terrorism in America all while courting white supremacists in his own administration.

Some of yall really dont get it and by the time yall do...its gonna be way too late.

Last edited:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Dumbass false equivalence and all apologies for using the term dumbass I was referring to what you were saying about that I quoted...not you personally.

But let's be real here.

For every nazi channel YouTube gets rid of they will probably get rid of 5 or black issues/politics/socioeconomic commentary channels. Some of yall black folks dont understand that the dominant society (aka white folks) see criticisms of white society by black people on racism and structular inequality as akin to RACISM against white people themselves. That's alot of the Trump right wing train thought processes on racism. They want excuses to be racist while denying any racism on their part and call anybody who calls them out as racists...as racists or anti-white. DARVO people. (DENY ATTACK REVERSE VICTIM AND OFFENDER). This way of thinking alleviates and dismisses any white guilt they may have...I've observed this from being on Twitter especially!!!

No one is caping for white supremacists here so I would love it if people stop jumping to ridiculous false equivalencies and wild conclusions.

Pewdiepie is YouTube's biggest star and a 100% alt right white supremacist virtue signaler. After the christ church massacre in NZ...his followership actually WENT UP! by millions!!!
:mindblown:

You know why YouTube won't get rid of him?

He brings in too much money and viewers. And this is somebody who has fans that are teens. And kids. And he redpilled thousands upon thousands of young white people into becoming radicalized through his videos from playing video games to 4ch*n to st0rmfr0nt.

Do you really expect multi billion dollar tech companies to do the right thing after they verified white supremacists on social media platforms while banning black people on the same platforms for condemning racism and criticizing white supremacy?

Those white liberal tech companies are in bed with white supremacists and by pretending not to be biased and for free speech actually have empowered them.

I dont know what's so hard to understand.

This forum is pro black anti white supremacy nobody is caping for Nazis please stop this false equivalence.

We're just skeptical cause we've already seen this play out on sites like Facebook where black activists and community organizers have been labeled black identity extremists by the FBI for condemning racism and white supremacy all while resources dedicated to fighting white supremacy by the government have been defunded or used towards other ventures in the Trump administration which has failed to condemn white supremacy and the rise of right wing domestic terrorism in America all while courting white supremacists in his own administration.

Some of yall really dont get it and by the time yall do...its gonna be way too late.

Sorry, but I don't trust these chicken-little-ass arguments based on assumptions and what "could" happen.

Something had to be done. I applaud YouTube for doing it. It's still half-assed, but this is America, so it's something. :kanyebp:

I can't take these fears seriously if the end result is "do nothing and let extremists slide". F*ck 'em. Get 'em out of here. :cambybp:

Daps
Yep, the pro black youtubers will be the first to go...:francis:

They'll start to ban a handful of white supremacists with modest audiences, a couple hundred or even a few thousand followers, before turning their sights toward popular pro-black personalities with backing in the tens and even hundreds of thousands. They think we're stupid. :mjgrin: