Zoom School ....

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Short rant.

I'm helping my niece with her online schooling.

I work mostly nights and her mom works online / on the phone during the day from home (for now) during the week.

She goes from 850am to 315pm.

4th grade

Lunch is around 45 min.

She HATES online. She has literally cried because she misses her friends but is scared of Covid.

Coli fam, I'm so frustrated. This child ends up with homework every night. 5 days a week.

I'm not complaining about the curriculum, it seems to be thorough....

However, I just feel like they're making up extra tasks to fill in their day.

Dealing with a child that isn't interested in school to begin with and needs extra guidance, misses her friends, plus work, plus minor family issues, ... i feel drained.

Idk how parents with multiple kids and rigid work schedules are holding up.

Only good thing is I can make my own work schedule. ... but I've reduced my hours to stay up all day and help her.

Anyone else struggling?

End rant.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Short rant.

I'm helping my niece with her online schooling.

I work mostly nights and her mom works online / on the phone during the day from home (for now) during the week.

She goes from 850am to 315pm.

4th grade

Lunch is around 45 min.

She HATES online. She has literally cried because she misses her friends but is scared of Covid.

Coli fam, I'm so frustrated. This child ends up with homework every night. 5 days a week.

I'm not complaining about the curriculum, it seems to be thorough....

However, I just feel like they're making up extra tasks to fill in their day.

Dealing with a child that isn't interested in school to begin with and needs extra guidance, misses her friends, plus work, plus minor family issues, ... i feel drained.

Idk how parents with multiple kids and rigid work schedules are holding up.

Only good thing is I can make my own work schedule. ... but I've reduced my hours to stay up all day and help her.

Anyone else struggling?

End rant.

I’m praying for you. I have a friend who has three all while she works from home and she says the struggle is real. The best you can do especially if you have the time is chill with them while their in class. Also if you guys are ok with it, do video chat outside of school with her friends. My oldest is in high school and he talks to his friends online and on the phone. He’s actually doing better in school due to the lack of distractions. I’m glad my youngest not old enough for school because I don’t know what I would do.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I’m praying for you. I have a friend who has three all while she works from home and she says the struggle is real. The best you can do especially if you have the time is chill with them while their in class. Also if you guys are ok with it, do video chat outside of school with her friends. My oldest is in high school and he talks to his friends online and on the phone. He’s actually doing better in school due to the lack of distractions. I’m glad my youngest not old enough for school because I don’t know what I would do.

Thank u.

We let her call her closest lil friends on the weekend.

It's just that she is a social butterfly used to going somewhere every weekend and now she's trapped in the house. Smdh

Hard to explain things will get better to a 9 yo.