0 for 3 Industries: Halo Infinite will no longer receive seasonal updates, only smaller updates going forward

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Was your New Years Resolution to mention and quote me as much as you possibly could this year? :mjtf: All they did was replace seasons with operations and you was out here tagging me on a Friday night:mjlol:

That very same author said the exact shyt that I did in November :heh:

I know you're not acting like you're above posting on a Friday night :heh:

There clearly was no comeback if they're scaling back development support and moving onto other projects but I expect another emotional estrogen-charged deflection from you here.

Instead, 343 will continue to create "Operation" events with shorter 20-tier battle passes that run for four-to-six week periods. While 343 will continue to add to Infinite throughout 2024, the news will be bittersweet for fans who feel Infinite is finally mounting its comeback. It's hard not to read this as the beginning of the end for Infinite support, especially considering community director Brian Jarrard took the opportunity to mention 343's future projects.
"We have a dedicated team working on supporting Halo Infinite and continuing to deliver coming forward, but also, we have additional teams now that are accelerating towards the future working on brand new projects," said Jarrard.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean they don't really need any more "seasonal" updates. Firefight and Forge were the major pieces they were missing. At this point all they need to do is add the good forge stuff to the map rotations and do more armor updates. They'll easily hit that "next 10 years of Halo" claim.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
There's a Fallout show coming out in 4 months.

Hi-Fi Rush was tailor made for what you're describing.

Deathloop is at the top of my list for a movie or TV series.

:dahell:

1. I didn’t know Microsoft Studios created Fallout. Phil Spencer bending time & space :ohhh:

2. Hi-Fi Rush ain’t moving weight like that. Adding in 3 games to Google Trends that launched at the same, it lost to a remake and trended just as well as Forspoken.

3. Purely Subjective, and again not a in-house studio

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
1. I didn’t know Microsoft Studios created Fallout. Phil Spencer bending time & space :ohhh:

2. Hi-Fi Rush ain’t moving weight like that. Adding in 3 games to Google Trends that launched at the same, it lost to a remake and trended just as well as Forspoken.

3. Purely Subjective, and again not a in-house studio
Why "in house" when they own these franchises just the same? Naughty Dog was acquired the same way as Bethesda. Is TLOU "in house"?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Why "in house" when they own these franchises just the same? Naughty Dog was acquired the same way as Bethesda. Is TLOU "in house"?

Sony had a long history of supporting naughty dog, providing guidance, and exclusivity. They are a 2nd party who built their name on PlayStation.

Arkane/Bethesda/Tango were all established multi platform devs without Microsoft’s help, they would be successful buyout or not. It shows that in 20 years, Microsoft has not created a new IP that has captured the general population.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Sony didn’t buy Uncharted or The Last of Us IP’s, they created everything naughty dog made outside of crash Bandicoot

Fallout was created in 97

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
:mjlol: Publishing
Sony had a long history of supporting naughty dog, providing guidance, and exclusivity. They are a 2nd party who built their name on PlayStation.

Arkane/Bethesda/Tango were all established multi platform devs without Microsoft’s help, they would be successful buyout or not. It shows that in 20 years, Microsoft has not created a new IP that has captured the general population.

Sony didn’t buy Uncharted or The Last of Us IP’s, they created everything naughty dog made outside of crash Bandicoot

Fallout was created in 97
....for Windows. Bethesda games didn't start coming to console until Morrowind on Xbox. The elder scrolls games were on MS-Dos.

Bethesda and Microsoft have as legitimate a long standing relationship as sony and naughty dog

Last edited: