12 Year Old "BLACK" Girl Commits Suicide At D.C. Boarding School (THE CAUSE: BULLYING)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
RIP to the young girl and we have to take mental health more seriously in our community. Young girls committing suicide now :dahell: :snoop:

12-Year-Old Girl Found Dead at DC Boarding School

12-Year-Old Girl Found Dead at DC Boarding School

A 12-year-old girl was found dead Tuesday inside a boarding school in Washington D.C.

The body of the child, a seventh-grader, was found at The SEED Public Charter School of Washington (SEED DC), police said. Her death is being investigated as an apparent suicide, police sources tell News4.

Parents at the school were called and told to pick up their children.

Keana Bedney-Wallace, the parent of another student at the school, spoke outside the school about the tragedy.

"It's really sad that at 12 years old you feel like the only solution is to take your life. It's heartbreaking," she said. "I'm a mom of five, and I couldn't imagine. I pray for the family, that they get through this."

D.C. police responded to the school on the 4300 block of C Street SE, near East Capitol Street, for a report of an unconscious person. The child was found dead in her dorm room.

The parents of two students at the school told News4 their children told them the girl had been bullied. The school did not respond to an inquiry about whether the child had been bullied.

Earlier in the day, the school issued a brief statement.

"We are deeply saddened to report that a SEED DC student unexpectedly passed away this morning. This is of course a terrible tragedy for the family first and foremost, as well as for the entire SEED Community," the statement said. "We ask that you respect the privacy of the family and of our community of scholars and teachers in their mourning."

Opened in 1998, SEED DC is a public, college-preparatory boarding school that serves 370 students in grades six through 12. Ninety-one percent of its graduates have enrolled in college, and 80 percent are first-generation college students, the school's website says.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
RIP.

Hopefully there is a serious investigation as to how this was able to happen, resulting in the highest amount of remuneration possible, despite the fact that no amount will be enough. It is clear, from the limited amount of information given (of which I am thankful, this is still a very private matter), that the parents communicated these instances to the administration, where it fell (purposely) on deaf ears. s/o 2 pat collins on the mic, bringing light to this so some other crackas heads can roll down benning road for this.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Bullying needs to be taken seriously. Overheard a mother complain today on the bus how her kids were bullied for three years and the school did nothing :snoop:
Cosign.

It's short sighted to have the opinion that bullying is a small issue and that "the kids just need to toughen up."

Adults are nothing more than big ass, aged kids who know the rules and have certain controls.

Those overbearing bosses? Those brutal police officers? The people who haven't developed proper coping mechanisms or relationship stability?

Many of our broken peers are either former subjects of intense bullying or the former bullies themselves.

Help kids have more comfortable environments so they can grow to be actual functioning adults with healthy coping mechanisms.

It's really a sad thing, especially now that child to child interaction is 24/7.

I've got 3 children. I definitely am working hard to make sure my children aren't victims but I'd be heartbroken if my children were savagery bullies.
--------

RIP to the young girl. Damn.

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
Low Quality Posting
This is stupid. Kids need to learn to fight physically or creatively. I can't imagine being attacked by others only to punish myself for it. That's some weak shyt.

Only the strong and witty survive and this child's upbringing failed her. Maybe too sheltered?! Fk all this suicide over bullying mess. Its not that serious. Punk ass kids need to clap back at these mf'ers. Hopefully baby girl comes back tougher in her next life or better prepared to give back what others are giving to her.

Parents need to teach kids that shyt happens but it doesn't mean life is over or hide from the world by any means. Today's kids are too soft. Its worse that social media glamorizes this mess to a degree. I bet these lil fkers are thinking if they take their life people will feel sorry for them the same way kids think their parents will feel bad for whooping them if they ran away.

I'm so over hearing these stories.