4 Actors Are In The Running For Black Panther?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

John-Boyega-pic.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
John Boyega wants to land a Marvel role

In a series of tweets Tuesday, actor John Boyega—of Attack the Block and Star Wars: Episode VII fame—said that he’s “aiming” for a Marvel role and “booking a flight to Wakanda”:

GET EW ON YOUR TABLET: Subscribe today and get instant access!

Those in tune with Marvel Comics lore know that the fictional African nation of Wakanda is a bastion of learning and advanced technology ruled by T’Challa, also known as costumed superhero The Black Panther.

Screenrant speculates that the tweets’ proximity to this weekend’s Comic-Con is significant, suggesting that a Black Panther movie might be one of the announcements Marvel Studios makes at its panel Saturday evening.

It’s not too much of a reach, given that Disney has set the release dates for Marvel movies through 2019. In an interview with IGN, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige also expressed a desire for the studio to make one movie with a new character and one with an existing property every year. If Feige gets his way, the odds of getting a Black Panther movie announced are significantly higher.

We’ll find out more on Saturday.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/07/23/john-boyega-wants-marvel-role/

I like Boyega but if Marvel was going for a young T'Challa I'd have preferred Curtis from Misfits.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
as a white pasty ass white cracker who is very white and also pasty, i have to say anytime a movie like this comes around, the casting rumors are sad as fukk. there are no marketable black actors that are younger than 45. joe public couldn't name one black actor not named Will or Denzel, maybe Jamie. Am I wrong here?

this is dumb to say, b/c i aint shyt, but i really wanted to write a basketball script with a college/young pro aged black male in the lead and all i could think was "in the rare chance this ever gets serious looks, they'd probably tell me to fukk off bc there are no famous black actors to bank it on."

i don't know shyt about Black Panther, but i'd think the move for this would be to cast a complete unknown no one has ever seen, and then have the main villian/mentor or whoever role played by someone A list. like shoot for the damn stars and bring in a huge name you can put over the title. like Johnny Depp to Armie Hammer's Lone Ranger just to name an example, although I guess Hammer was in Social Network and a few other small things.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
as a white pasty ass white cracker who is very white and also pasty, i have to say anytime a movie like this comes around, the casting rumors are sad as fukk. there are no marketable black actors that are younger than 45. joe public couldn't name one black actor not named Will or Denzel, maybe Jamie. Am I wrong here?

this is dumb to say, b/c i aint shyt, but i really wanted to write a basketball script with a college/young pro aged black male in the lead and all i could think was "in the rare chance this ever gets serious looks, they'd probably tell me to fukk off bc there are no famous black actors to bank it on."

i don't know shyt about Black Panther, but i'd think the move for this would be to cast a complete unknown no one has ever seen, and then have the main villian/mentor or whoever role played by someone A list. like shoot for the damn stars and bring in a huge name you can put over the title. like Johnny Depp to Armie Hammer's Lone Ranger just to name an example, although I guess Hammer was in Social Network and a few other small things.
I think (if we really do ever get a BP movie), that's the way Marvel will go. Hemsworth was pretty much unknown in the US before Thor. And around May of last year, there was that pay dispute where everyone was hard negotiating for more money to come back for Avengers 2. You cast an unknown actor as BP and it's a lot easier to convince them to come back.