4 Actors Are In The Running For Black Panther?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I think (if we really do ever get a BP movie), that's the way Marvel will go. Hemsworth was pretty much unknown in the US before Thor. And around May of last year, there was that pay dispute where everyone was hard negotiating for more money to come back for Avengers 2. You cast an unknown actor as BP and it's a lot easier to convince them to come back.
yeah, it's not unprecidented with Marvel at all, but i think Thor the character has/had more mass appeal than Black Panther, so they got away with it. Plus they had actors like Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins to balance it out.

I think this one is gonna need someone really famous to sell it beyond the source material.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think young makes a lot of sense. You do an origin story where his dad his killed and he is forced into a taking over the kingdom. Set him up to fight doom in the sequel.

Doom obviously won't happen with the FF rights laying with Fox but I always thought a Black Panther movie would be the perfect place to introduce Namor and Atlantis (and have them go to war).

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Sidenote: Do the rights to Klaw belong to Fox or Marvel?

I assume with Marvel. Even if the character debuted in Fantastic Four, it doesn't mean the character is automatically included in the movie rights. As far as I know Fox (and Sony) only own what are to be considered 'major' characters in the franchises, eg. characters that are practically synonymous with the franchise. And even then it's a grey area (think of Kingpin being part of the Daredevil rights instead of Spider-Man, the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver controversy).

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Who would you guys like to direct the film? Do you think the director and screenwriter should be black as well? I wouldn't mind seeing what Antoine Fuqua could do with it directing it. As long as the script is really solid. At the end of the day it depends who Marvel decides because they run a tight ship and if you ain't down with them they would get rid of you real quick.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Who would you guys like to direct the film? Do you think the director and screenwriter should be black as well? I wouldn't mind seeing what Antoine Fuqua could do with it directing it. As long as the script is really solid. At the end of the day it depends who Marvel decides because they run a tight ship and if you ain't down with them they would get rid of you real quick.

In the end as long as it comes out well I wouldn't care. But yeah when announcing who is directing andnot picking someone Black i might feel some type of way depending who it is.