A big NBA money crunch is coming

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am struggling to figure out the problem.

The crunch isnt because revenue slowed down but because GMs are idiots.

I could have told you giving 4 years and 60 million to Ian Mahinmi was a bad idea in 2016.
For whatever reason, the general manager/ownership making dumb ass organizational moves never seems to be a good enough reason for people. :yeshrug:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx

I could have told you giving 4 years and 60 million to Ian Mahinmi was a bad idea in 2016.
The rank and file guys get screwed financially here, but in a weird way, people got what they wanted. The Hardens and Westbrooks get their $40 mil a year and the mediocre guys have to fight for scraps

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

None of this shows me the players should have smoothed the cap.

I hate their line of thinking of "we have to spend money because we have cap space", that's how we get Deng, Mozgov, Bazemore, Mahinmi and Meyers Leonard being signed to horrible, cap crippling deals

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

GO FIND THAT THREAD.

nikkaS WERE TALKING ABOUT IT WAS A GOOD DEAL.
:devil:
:evil:

:manny: I’ll be honest, I was one of them. Mike Conley was playing well and you knew Memphis couldn’t attract free agents. With Gasol and Conley you had a stable one-two punch, all you had to do was draft well and you were straight.

Memphis sucks at drafting players ( didn’t see that at the time).

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The rank and file guys get screwed financially here, but in a weird way, people got what they wanted. The Hardens and Westbrooks get their $40 mil a year and the mediocre guys have to fight for scraps
They were screwed because worse players got big contracts.

I hate their line of thinking of "we have to spend money because we have cap space", that's how we get Deng, Mozgov, Bazemore, Mahinmi and Meyers Leonard being signed to horrible, cap crippling deals
Exactly. This isn't the players association's fault.

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Need to go back and quote all those “its a good deal now that the market has changed” posts

Ofc they set it up so KD goes to GS, they added 36 million dollars to the cap that offseason, (a max player)

Now they setting it up for the Lakers to stack the team full of cheap, reliable pieces.

Next offseason we land the big one

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
They were screwed because worse players got big contracts.

Exactly. This isn't the players association's fault.
In some instances some teams give out deals because with other players getting extensions that might be the only time they have money to use, but I’ll never understand why management worry so much about the salary floor when there’s no real penalty for not reaching it.

It also goes back to the idea of spending money so that people don’t think you’re not trying to improve your situation which almost never works

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Teams should've did with Ainge did with Amir Johnson, or what Colangelo did with J.J. Redikk. Give them their money for 1 year or 2 years with a team option, not give them long-term contracts.