#ADOS / #AADOS / #DACS Summed Up In One Video ("School Daze")

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
He shut that "simple, weak muthafukka" shyt down real quick :pachaha:

Last edited:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Another one.

:shaq2:

Can't we just have on megathread instead of polluting the forum?

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
#ados is about getting what our direct grandparents went through with building this nations wealth. Nothing else. I'm pan African to the core but I also want my just due from America. Just like I want Jamaica to get theirs from England etc.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
#ados is about getting what our direct grandparents went through with building this nations wealth. Nothing else. I'm pan African to the core but I also want my just due from America. Just like I want Jamaica to get theirs from England etc.

Agree.

Posted this video to show the discord between those who are ADOS and see the movement as a diss to Pan-Africanism. It also shows the other side -- of ADOS who have no -- and really don't care about a connection to Africa -- past knowing their ancestors were sold from there.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree.

Posted this video to show the discord between those who are ADOS and see the movement as a diss to Pan-Africanism. It also shows the other side -- of ADOS who have no -- and really don't care about a connection to Africa -- past knowing their ancestors were sold from there.
The creators of #ados don't fukk with Greeks they literally are our biggest enemies online.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

It's showcases the rift between AADOS and Pan Africanist in the AADOS family.

No disrespect to our African brothers and sisters though....

Before someone says something about the actor --

Giancarlo Giuseppe Alessandro Esposito was born in Copenhagen, the son of Giovanni Esposito, an Italian stagehand and carpenter from Naples, and Elizabeth Foster, an African American opera and nightclub singer from Alabama.

It's bigger than that though

Dap was sandwiched between two worlds. On one side, the uneducated and unemployed black community who despised him for being educated-- they Samuel Jackson made it a point to put him in his place:
"Y'ALL N***AS [with an a] and you gon BE n***as, JUST LIKE US. N***AS!!!"

On the other side, Julian is just as "educated" as Dap, if not moreso, but he rebukes him and tries to put him back in his place too:
"Back to 'Mother A-fri-caaa'-- THAT'S BULLshyt! Without question, we are Black Americans."

Ultimately both sides are scared to break themselves free of the social conditioning slavery and white supremacy placed on our psyche:
  • You're a slave :hula: I'm a descendant of slaves
  • You're a n***er :hula: I'm a n***a
  • You're American :hula: My station in life is confined to America only
Dap represented what it means for us to take agency in defining our OWN heritage, defining our OWN future, and the battles we'll face trying to free our own people.
CnSCFUkWcAAj5X0.jpg

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
It's bigger than that though

Dap was sandwiched between two worlds. On one side, the uneducated and unemployed black community who despised him for being educated-- they Samuel Jackson made it a point to remind him "Y'ALL N***AS [with an a] and you gon BE n***as, JUST LIKE US. N***AS!!!"

On the other side, Julian is just as "educated" as Dap, if not moreso, but he rebukes him and tries to put him back in his place too. "Back to 'Mother A-fri-caaa'-- THAT'S BULLshyt! Without question, we are Black Americans."

Ultimately both sides are scared to break themselves free of the social conditioning slavery and white supremacy placed on our psyche:
  • You're a slave :hula: I'm a descendant of slaves
  • You're a n***er :hula: I'm a n***a
  • You're American :hula: My station in life is confined to America only
It's bigger than Pan Africanism vs DOS. Dap represented what it means for us to take agency in defining our OWN heritage, defining our OWN future, and the battles we'll face trying to free our own people.
CnSCFUkWcAAj5X0.jpg

Great breakdown.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They may not - but that doesn't take away from the context of why I posted this video.
Don't link any of that to the current purpose of #ados it's strictly a business transaction. Has nothing to do with culture or any of that stuff. Unpaid labor and physical and mental damages.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Don't link any of that to the current purpose of #ados it's strictly a business transaction. Has nothing to do with culture or any of that stuff. Unpaid labor and physical and mental damages.

No -- it's much more.

You can't have one - without the other. It's multi-faceted -- but the end goal is a new beginning, redress, healing of some sorts -- in addition to -- as you stated -"a business transaction."

• Dap
Reactions: 315

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They may not - but that doesn't take away from the context of why I posted this video.

yeah I notice Chinese and Mexicans down south are making money with their 'black' barber shops. I was shocked when coming back stateside to see Spanish and Chinese 'black' barbershops.

Dominicans I get, but the other two?

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah I notice Chinese and Mexicans down south are making money with their 'black' barber shops. I was shocked when coming back stateside to see Spanish and Chinese 'black' barbershops.

Lol, brehs going to Spanish and Chinese barbershops?

:mjlol:

Gotta be walking out the shop lookin wild crazy

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

I haven't seen it yet --in Atlanta. But, I'm sure they are. Just not in the areas I go too.

I hope we get it together -- but honestly -- it takes capital and credit to start these businesses -- and many of us don't have it.

Last edited: