#ADOS / #AADOS / #DACS Summed Up In One Video ("School Daze")

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They may not - but that doesn't take away from the context of why I posted this video.

And they are irrelevant to #Ados it doesn't matter what they say they won't get a ¢1 of the benefits and privileges we will get.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
You know what's really telling about that scene? :sas1: They were supposed to be talking about Half-Pint and Julian pivoted to Dap's beliefs outta nowhere. Where the hell did that even come from? :dwillhuh:

I think Dap's existence made him feel his identity was being threatened so he lashed back :sas2:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
They may not - but that doesn't take away from the context of why I posted this video.

Stay exposing themselves. If we ain't shyt, don't see the value in ourselves like 'real cultures', then why when we attempt to organize, and self-mobilize comes the butthurt, and anger?

Another one.

:shaq2:

Can't we just have on megathread instead of polluting the forum?
Can't you try not to be so bothered, at minimum control your impulses and not enter a thread, clearly titled: ADOS?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
You know what's really telling about that scene? :sas1: They were supposed to be talking about Half-Pint and Julian pivoted to Dap's beliefs outta nowhere. Where the hell did that even come from? :dwillhuh:

I think Dap's existence made him feel his identity was being threatened so he lashed back :sas2:

School Daze was THE reason I wanted to go and went to a HBCU.

Dap was a little overboard at times. He was also insecure.

Julian/Almighty seemed to be over it - he knew he was Black -- and didn't need Pan-Africanism to tell him that.

All in all- - it showed internal issues in our community.

Good and Bad Hair: I related to this -- BIG TIME. As a girl -- I related to both sides.

Then I loved "your eyes are blue - but you aint white! Your hair is straight cause you pressed it last night!"

Just a classic Black American movie.:wow:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
School Daze was THE reason I wanted to go and went to a HBCU.

Dap was a little overboard at times. He was also insecure.

Julian/Almighty seemed to be over it - he knew he was Black -- and didn't need Pan-Africanism to tell him that.

All in all- - it showed internal issues in our community.

Good and Bad Hair: I related to this -- BIG TIME. As a girl -- I related to both sides.

Then I loved "your eyes are blue - but you aint white! Your hair is straight cause you pressed it last night!"

Just a classic Black American movie.:wow:

It's just interesting once you really listen to that exchange and what's happening. Same with the Samuel Jackson scene. I finally caught the correlation between them last time I watched. The larger themes are obvious so it was easy to watch passively. Gotta watch it again soon.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
It's just interesting once you really listen to that exchange and what's happening. Same with the Samuel Jackson scene. I finally caught the correlation between them last time I watched. The larger themes are obvious so it was easy to watch passively. Gotta watch it again soon.

Yeah - @Get These Nets posted a clip a few weeks ago -- and I watched it again last night.

The lyrics of the songs -- and exchanges in the film definitely make the film worth another watch or two.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
"I'm a greek...you can go back to Africa"

Embarrassing

Hilarious.

No -- it's embarrassing - how you are trying to tie two things together - that wasn't stated together.

He said "i'm a greek -- I don't play that."

He talked about Africa in terms of "Dap" and him trying to up his "Blackness" to his.

AGAIN -- CONTEXT.

In the CONTEXT of the movie - he is telling a dude that is threatening him to cross his cousin -- I"m greek -- I don't play that -- I'll worry about half-pint (Dap's cousin)

Daps
Hilarious.

No -- it's embarrassing - how you are trying to tie two things together - that wasn't stated together.

He said "i'm a greek -- I don't play that."

He talked about Africa in terms of "Dap" and him trying to up his "Blackness" to his.

AGAIN -- CONTEXT.

In the CONTEXT of the movie - he is telling a dude that is threatening him to cross his cousin -- I"m greek -- I don't play that -- I'll worry about half-pint (Dap's cousin)

"you dont know a goddamn thing about africaaaaah.....I'm a Greek"

The cluelessness. Embarrassing.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Gus been putting it down for a MINUTE.

He was also in one of my fav movies from back in the day: Fresh

Confession: Spike Lee is one of my fav directors, I'm in a black fraternity, and I've never seen School Daze all the way through

:mjcry:

1.) Fresh is underrated as hell!!

2.) Skool daze is in my top 5. You should check it out.

The only time Samuel Jackson and Lawrence fishburne had a scene together

3.) Seeing "Gus fring" in do the right thing world blow these kids minds :lolbron:

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

On the cluelessness -- I agree sir.

Greek to him meant "BLACK AMERICAN FRAT" on a HBCU campus --- Not being a "Greek" aka WHITE greek.

Meaning he was a AA/Black Greek (apart of a Black frat)-- Black American -- and he was right -- he didn't know a "goddamn thing about africaaaaah" -- especially during that time -- pre-internet.

Fraternities and sororities, or Greek letter organizations (GLOs)[1] (collectively referred to as "Greek life") are social organizations at colleges and universities.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

Skrong point here. This is something I've mentioned before, but I witnessed an arab guy found the first Muslim fraternity in America. I'd already graduated but the shyt had me :ohhh: I wish I'd thought of the same, or at least had a nephew/niece to encourage in doing so.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Skrong point here. This is something I've mentioned before, but I witnessed an arab guy found the first Muslim fraternity in America. I'd already graduated but the shyt had me :ohhh: I wish I'd thought of the same, or at least had a nephew/niece to encourage in doing so.

What's strong about it?

Almighty was saying he's Greek -- meaning he's apart of a Black Greek frat in America -- not Africa. And he's not from Africa -- but Detroit. Which was the truth.

Dap wasn't a Black Immigrant - need was Almighty.

That's what I got from it.

If it was the other way around would it be "embarrassing" Meaning -- a Black Immigrant -- African saying I'm not from Detroit -- I'm from Africa?