#ADOS / #AADOS / #DACS Summed Up In One Video ("School Daze")

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
What's strong about it?

Almighty was saying he's Greek -- meaning he's apart of a Black Greek frat in America -- not Africa. And he's not from Africa -- but Detroit. Which was the truth.

Dap wasn't a Black Immigrant - need was Almighty.

That's what I got from it.

If it was the other way around would it be "embarrassing" Meaning -- a Black Immigrant -- African saying I'm not from Detroit -- I'm from Africa?
. the fact julian/big bro would rather identify as "greek" than African. He 'doesn't know a damn thing about either and yet he finds comfort in identifying with one over the other. We mirrored GLOs rather than creating our own organizations which reflect our true heritage. Even white "Greeks" aren't Greek.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
. the fact julian/big bro would rather identify as "greek" than African. He 'doesn't know a damn thing about either and yet he finds comfort in identifying with one over the other. We mirrored GLOs rather than creating our own organizations which reflect our true heritage. Even white "Greeks" aren't Greek.

I get you -- but he identified as "BLACK American" -- that is what mattered to him. So he identified with what he knew and was.

Being a Black Greek (meaning apart of a social group) - at a HBCU -- meaning Black american in a frat at a Black college - and from Detroit -- that was his truth.

This is a college film. Around Black College life and the dynamics of it. So, Greek had a meaning ..lol - Black frat life.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I get you -- but he identified as "BLACK American" -- that is what mattered to him. So he identified with what he knew and was.

Being a Black Greek (meaning apart of a social group) - at a HBCU -- meaning Black american in a frat at a Black college - and from Detroit -- that was his truth.

This is a college film. Around Black College life and the dynamics of it. So, Greek had a meaning ..lol - Black frat life.

I would argue that he identified as black AMERICAN rather than BLACK american. The foundation of BGLOs speaks volumes on black american identity. Based on that exchange, we can assume Julian wouldn't be as accepting of an African based fraternity-- why not??? The Arab guy and his frat I mentioned got a lot of notoriety for a reason, they defied traditionalism.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I would argue that he identified as black AMERICAN rather than BLACK american. The foundation of BGLOs speaks volumes on black american identity. Based on that exchange, we can assume Julian wouldn't be as accepting of an African based fraternity-- why not??? The Arab guy and his frat I mentioned got a lot of notoriety for a reason, they defied traditionalism.

We have to agree to disagree. But, I do understand and respect your point of view.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol, brehs going to Spanish and Chinese barbershops?

:mjlol:

Gotta be walking out the shop lookin wild crazy

lol, I heard they do a decent(decent could mean alot of things) job and are cheap. Brehs say the black baraber shops charge $20 and the Chinese and Mexicans charge $7

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
lol, I heard they do a decent(decent could mean alot of things) job and are cheap. Brehs say the black baraber shops charge $20 and the Chinese and Mexicans charge $7
Years ago in LA I saw a Korean-owned black barbershop that had both Korean and black barbers. But you're saying these are shops with just Chinese and Mexican barbers? In the South? That's crazy. As unprofessional as I find most black barbershops, I just couldn't fukk with a nonblack shop.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It's bigger than that though

Dap was sandwiched between two worlds. On one side, the uneducated and unemployed black community who despised him for being educated-- they Samuel Jackson made it a point to put him in his place:
"Y'ALL N***AS [with an a] and you gon BE n***as, JUST LIKE US. N***AS!!!"

On the other side, Julian is just as "educated" as Dap, if not moreso, but he rebukes him and tries to put him back in his place too:
"Back to 'Mother A-fri-caaa'-- THAT'S BULLshyt! Without question, we are Black Americans."

Ultimately both sides are scared to break themselves free of the social conditioning slavery and white supremacy placed on our psyche:
  • You're a slave :hula: I'm a descendant of slaves
  • You're a n***er :hula: I'm a n***a
  • You're American :hula: My station in life is confined to America only
Dap represented what it means for us to take agency in defining our OWN heritage, defining our OWN future, and the battles we'll face trying to free our own people.
CnSCFUkWcAAj5X0.jpg

fukking rep.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
It's bigger than that though

Dap was sandwiched between two worlds. On one side, the uneducated and unemployed black community who despised him for being educated-- they Samuel Jackson made it a point to put him in his place:
"Y'ALL N***AS [with an a] and you gon BE n***as, JUST LIKE US. N***AS!!!"

On the other side, Julian is just as "educated" as Dap, if not moreso, but he rebukes him and tries to put him back in his place too:
"Back to 'Mother A-fri-caaa'-- THAT'S BULLshyt! Without question, we are Black Americans."

Ultimately both sides are scared to break themselves free of the social conditioning slavery and white supremacy placed on our psyche:
  • You're a slave :hula: I'm a descendant of slaves
  • You're a n***er :hula: I'm a n***a
  • You're American :hula: My station in life is confined to America only
Dap represented what it means for us to take agency in defining our OWN heritage, defining our OWN future, and the battles we'll face trying to free our own people.
CnSCFUkWcAAj5X0.jpg

:wow: Julian wasn't shyt neither. Talked all that shyt about how "we're American" with Gina on his arm but had her giving up the box on some pledge initiation shyt :mjtf: