Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
...FOR ALLEGED ABUSE Daughter Exposes 'Color Purple' Author Alice Walker For Harshly Disowning Her & Grandchild
:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:
Walker_and_daughter.png

Apparently, Alice Walker has nothing to do with her only daughter :mjcry:and fans are criticizing her for her seemingly harsh decision. Now, her daughter Rebecca Walker is shedding light on a different side of her mother:demonic:; the side fans have never seen. Rebecca, also a writer, recently shared disheartening details about her childhood and what led to her mother’s decision to disown her.:camby:
She also explained how her mother’s feminist beliefs created serious complications that ultimately led to the demise of their relationship.

“My mother’s feminist principles [colored] every aspect of my life. As a little girl, I wasn’t even allowed to play with dolls or stuffed toys in case they brought out a maternal instinct. It was drummed into me that being a mother, raising children and running a home were a form of slavery. Having a career, traveling the world and being independent were what really mattered according to her. I love my mother very much, but I haven’t seen her or spoken to her since I became pregnant. She has never seen my son – her only grandchild. My crime? Daring to question her ideology.

Well, so be it. My mother may be revered by women around the world – goodness knows, many even have shrines to her. But I honestly believe it’s time to puncture the myth and to reveal what life was really like to grow up as a child of the feminist revolution.

“Devastated, I asked her to [apologize] and acknowledge how much she’d hurt me over the years with neglect, withholding affection and resenting me for things I had no control over – the fact that I am mixed-race, that I have a wealthy, white, professional father and that I was born at all.:birdman: But she wouldn’t back down. Instead, she wrote me a letter saying that our relationship had been inconsequential for years and that she was no longer interested in being my mother. :damn:She even signed the letter with her first name, rather than ‘Mom’.”

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs

“My mother’s feminist principles [colored] every aspect of my life. As a little girl, I wasn’t even allowed to play with dolls or stuffed toys in case they brought out a maternal instinct. It was drummed into me that being a mother, raising children and running a home were a form of slavery. Having a career, traveling the world and being independent were what really mattered according to her. I love my mother very much, but I haven’t seen her or spoken to her since I became pregnant. She has never seen my son – her only grandchild. My crime? Daring to question her ideology.

Well, so be it. My mother may be revered by women around the world – goodness knows, many even have shrines to her. But I honestly believe it’s time to puncture the myth and to reveal what life was really like to grow up as a child of the feminist revolution.

“Devastated, I asked her to [apologize] and acknowledge how much she’d hurt me over the years with neglect, withholding affection and resenting me for things I had no control over – the fact that I am mixed-race, that I have a wealthy, white, professional father and that I was born at all.:birdman: But she wouldn’t back down. Instead, she wrote me a letter saying that our relationship had been inconsequential for years and that she was no longer interested in being my mother. :damn:She even signed the letter with her first name, rather than ‘Mom’.”

:scust:
Been saying it for years: Feminism is a mental disorder