Am I the only one here who thinks pro wrestling is corny?

Sithlord Piff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
No offense to those who enjoy it but it's always seemed whack to me. But I get how people can be into watching it just like reality TV. Can someone tell me what the allure is for them?
If your coming into it as an adult maybe it would seem corny....but growing up as a kid it was the shyt. Suplexing your homies in the backyard is what life was about back then.

Last edited:

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
I stopped watching around the time I turned 18

Not because I had "outgrown" pro wrestling but because the product was so bad that it became a chore to watch. Even if the product magically became better, I wouldnt watch on a week to week basis. They completely lost me as a viewer and I cant see myself ever getting back into the product like I once was.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I liked it as a kid but by middle school I thought it was dumb. A few of my guys still have Wrestlemania parties and I go just to eat and kick it but it all seems stupid. That said I get that its essentially a soap opera for men with some violence attached

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
People like you don't get "it". We don't watch wrestling as a form of entertainment exactly, we watch it for the actual science behind it. They way things are booked, the people who are wining/losing, creative decisions, crowd reactions, good writing, work rate etc, there's a completely different pov when it comes to the biz of wrestling rather than what you actually see on tv.

Although yes there are some who still believe it's real and watch to be entertained and surprised but those are mark ass bytches.

Trust me there's a whole other world out there besides what you see on your tv jack. The conversations and politics that go on back stage about who's winning a match or losing a match or who's getting pushed to a main event status or who's getting buried to a jobber status is very amusing to me. That's why I dig it.

koopz

Pooh
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
It's like watching a live action fight/theater/gymnastics performance basically with a silly, corny/carnival twist. It's like taking any corny action movie, have the fight scene acted out in front of you (action), ridiculous dialogue (theater) and all, with the actors flipping/jumping off shyt and breaking tables (gymnastics).

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I liked it as a kid and during my very early adolescence (like 14). No offense to anyone, but outside of nostalgia I have no idea how grown men watch it in 2016.