Anyone find it a chore to be social?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I just became a supervisor at my job. And so I got a bunch of people to train, lead and assist. I find myself having to put on this mask, like something out of a comic view set in order to engage people to build morale. In the past few days since I've done this production seems to have risen. Does anyone else feel that have to fake sociability? @Address_Unknown @BaldingSoHard

Also I'm pretty sure one of my team members is attracted to me.:patrice:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If you're not a naturally sociable person it will be a chore.

I find it mundane to be sociable unless it's about something I actually find interesting or I feel like I'll benefit from it (e.g. talking to a chick trying to get her number, job interview, etc.)
This is the issue I have.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I just became a supervisor at my job. And so I got a bunch of people to train, lead and assist. I find myself having to put on this mask, like something out of a comic view set in order to engage people to build morale. In the past few days since I've done this production seems to have risen. Does anyone else feel that have to fake sociability? @Address_Unknown @BaldingSoHard

I used to have social anxiety stemming from working from home since 2011 combined with excessive masturbation. Once I stopped jacking off all the time it subsided.

Congrats on your new position. Just focus on the work and you'll be alright.

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps
If you're not a naturally sociable person it will be a chore.

I find it mundane to be sociable unless it's about something I actually find interesting or I feel like I'll benefit from it (e.g. talking to a chick trying to get her number, job interview, etc.)

So what do you do when you're in a situation where you kinda have to be social without coming across socially awkward or antisocial?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Its definitely a chore when you have no common ground, no common interest.

IMO its the main reason men and women have a difficult time talking to each other when trying to romantically connect...cause other than how I'm gonna fukk you like this, or lemme see your that....you have nothing to really talk about with the other person except boring ass small talk.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Hell yea... my chick likes to go too many places with too many ppl and take me along... Ppl luckily think im one of those constantly mad brothers (farthest from the truth) its just how i look, so that makes things even more awkward socially. I picked my much shorter ex up from college one day and her ppl looked at me like i was Ike Turner reincarnated...

I can talk alot, but the catch is that i gotta know you first. Until then, i stay quiet and try to play the back ground, which makes me look antisocial

Daps
So what do you do when you're in a situation where you kinda have to be social without coming across socially awkward or antisocial?
Wing it or make it fun for myself. I like to give :troll: answers to people who bore me irl it makes convo more entertaining, works best on women.

e001

Superstar
Daps
Yes but it depends, I hate people who think they are funny when they're not or laugh for no reason. Faking laughs is probably the most embarrassing and annoying thing there is.

If the person is funny or has something relevant to say then nah.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But you been crying for months about not being let in to #UglyTeam
full