Anyone find it a chore to be social?

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
Wing it or make it fun for myself. I like to give :troll: answers to people who bore me irl it makes convo more entertaining, works best on women.
I'm going to try this. I get tired of explaining my job to girls I meet at the bar so I've started lying and coming up with the most random ones. I convinced some bytch I was a door to door dildo saleman.

:lolbron:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Sometimes, after gigs, when I’m in a city where I know like 10 ppl and they all want to hang before I leave the next day, and then you meet like a group of 3 girls that want to know what’s next for the evening (code speech), that’s when it becomes a chore to be social.

In OP’s case, they just want you to do your job, not be “social”. In my case, I have to entertain people for a couple of hours, meet new people and attempt to “have fun”. It’s usually the same round of questions all the time.

This is the only time being social takes on an element of work

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Quite honestly, I'm more talkative around women and I actually trust them more. I just learned this about myself recently.

I guess because we don't share the same interests so they're not trying to make a competition out of it. That shyt can get exhausting.

shyt in fact, sometimes because interests don't collide that makes conversation easier: they aren't into what I'm into so the conversations seem more genuine, deep and introspective vs some other breh who's too busy thinking about trying to one-up. Some of the best insights I've had in my field (software engineering) was after talking with my gf or a female friend, they also happen more frequently.

I'm just at the point in my life where I firmly believe collaboration > competition, but most brehs aren't on that same wavelength. Cats say they want to build, but what they really mean is they want to take credit.

Last edited:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I think being social has more to do with how open someone is in terms of what they choose to talk about. In other words, being well rounded.

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
I gotta have some passions in common with the person or I gotta wanna get something out of the person. Otherwise leave me alone.

I don’t have social anxiety, im not shy, none of that shyt. I just can’t be bothered :yeshrug:

Daps
I was never really that social to begin with, but I've become less social in years when it came to developing myself, and accomplishing my goals... I just find regular everyday people too damn mundane, and generally boring. So I've become even LESS social. It also depends greatly on the environment, and social sphere.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
You shouldn't be training people if you can't train people in a nice manner. Why they hire you as a manager if you are weird socially.

It should come natural for the manager to be nice and a good teacher.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
But you been crying for months about not being let in to #UglyTeam
full
:pacspit: I got a good personality.

StrivingDaily

Rookie
Daps
if it's something you'd like to change OP then I suggest you pick up 7 habits of highly effective people. It'll give you some insights on why you feel that way and how to change it