Anyone find it a chore to be social?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I gotta have some passions in common with the person or I gotta wanna get something out of the person. Otherwise leave me alone.

I don’t have social anxiety, im not shy, none of that shyt. I just can’t be bothered :yeshrug:
This is where I'm at now.

Honestly, I think being social has more to do with how open someone is in terms of what they choose to talk about. In other words, being well rounded.
Not trying to be a jack of all trades I want to master at least 1 thing before I leave here.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I'm going to try this. I get tired of explaining my job to girls I meet at the bar so I've started lying and coming up with the most random ones. I convinced some bytch I was a door to door dildo saleman.

:lolbron:

I've actually done this in instinctively weird places like Hollywood where the freaks are 10 a penny and I know that I'd get atleast $50 quid by day's end and enjoy myself to a meal or hit the strip club.

Had a female friend who wanted to open up a naughty store with this one trifling bytch that made her order the entire store's inventory on her newly acquired credit card and then flake out and decide she ain't wanted to pursue the shyt anymore and left her holding the bill.

I was staying at her place and instead of seeing a burden, I saw a hustle. :wow:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Truth be told, I ain't never had a problem being social since I honed my verbal skills on conversating with random folk on my many travels. Most all my social interactions are initiated by other people who come in contact with me, so all I really do is put on one of them patented Tom Cruise, dead inside, type smiles and let them talk, whilst casually inserting a few agreeing soundbites to keep shyt movin'.

Especially if I'm in an open Area like America or Europe where the common lot of folk I'm coming in contact with, I'd more than likely never see again, so I can pretty much fabricate whatever on some stream of consciousness shyt and come off as what I feel I should project towards this person to set the tone for future conversations or lack there of.

Passengers on Airplanes, Girls in Bookstores or the cookout aisle, dudes outside of Concert queues, the list is endless and you'd be surprised at how much these people reveal to a complete stranger after plying them with a bit of friendly banter and an anecdote or two. Granted, at times I tend to be too verbose or eccentric and give off a bit of a serial killer vibe if I'm blacking out during said convo whilst analyzing the whole thing in my head, only to be snapped back to reality by a "You listening to me?" and I do that thousand yard stare I do when I'm deep in thought to that quick realization face that make people go :childplease:"nikka, is you alright?"

Me :AU_JD:"We good. As You were saying?"

I'm a writer so shyt like that comes naturally to me and I've alot of empathy for folk just wanting someone to have a civil conversation with even though I'd have little to no problem being left alone. Hell, that's why I'm never out the house without Headphones connected to some music.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Truth be told, I ain't never had a problem being social since I honed my verbal skills on conversating with random folk on my many travels. Most all my social interactions are initiated by other people who come in contact with me, so all I really do is put on one of them patented Tom Cruise, dead inside, type smiles and let them talk, whilst casually inserting a few agreeing soundbites to keep shyt movin'.

Especially if I'm in an open Area like America or Europe where the common lot of folk I'm coming in contact with, I'd more than likely never see again, so I can pretty much fabricate whatever on some stream of consciousness shyt and come off as what I feel I should project towards this person to set the tone for future conversations or lack there of.

Passengers on Airplanes, Girls in Bookstores or the cookout aisle, dudes outside of Concert queues, the list is endless and you'd be surprised at how much these people reveal to a complete stranger after plying them with a bit of friendly banter and an anecdote or two. Granted, at times I tend to be too verbose or eccentric and give off a bit of a serial killer vibe if I'm blacking out during said convo whilst analyzing the whole thing in my head, only to be snapped back to reality by a "You listening to me?" and I do that thousand yard stare I do when I'm deep in thought to that quick realization face that make people go :childplease:"nikka, is you alright?"

Me :AU_JD:"We good. As You were saying?"

I'm a writer so shyt like that comes naturally to me and I've alot of empathy for folk just wanting someone to have a civil conversation with even though I'd have little to no problem being left alone. Hell, that's why I'm never out the house without Headphones connected to some music.
wotking on my empathy.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3b6.jpg