Basquiat's 'Untitled' Painting Sells For $110 Million, The Most Ever Paid For An American Artwork

One

Moreese Bickham with the pistol
Daps
randomness_by_thatboy3-d4xe87h.jpg

Some dumb shyt I put together years ago. If I tried to sell this I'd get laughed at.
The things you can accomplish with a simple co-sign. :francis:
nikka this is an aerial view with a non linear perspective created on microsoft paint and has white spots on the horizon line. A co-sign on this wouldn't make you Basquiat.
:dead:

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
nikka this is an aerial view with a non linear perspective created on microsoft paint and has white spots on the horizon line. A co-sign on this wouldn't make you Basquiat.
ol listen to my mixtape ass nikkas ..coming in here just to big themselves up :mjlol::camby:

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Basquiat was that nikka. His art is like the subconscious of a Black man suffering from White supremacy unhinged.

Its a bunch of people in here who wouldn't know good taste if it smacked them upside the head. Probably the types of who think paintings need to have "deep meanings" :mjlol:

Yes sir.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You aren't looking deep enough :troll:

The paintings imperfections that you pointed out were done on purpose to show that nobody is perfect, we are all uniquely flawed.

Furthermore, the man in blue is a police officer. The painting is showing the current political American climate and highlighting police brutality. If you look even deeper with the storefronts we see a critique on American consumer culture. We see a child being abducted by an animalistic creature showing that the future is in danger. This is further evidenced by the alien abductions that seem to occurring throughout again showing us that we are headed into a dangerous future with technological advances and our space missions. The painting also features a critique on marriage, modern relationships, and polygamy as shown by the graffiti in the picture that reads "get back I'm married".

One

Daps
You aren't looking deep enough :troll:

The paintings imperfections that you pointed out were done on purpose to show that nobody is perfect, we are all uniquely flawed.

Furthermore, the man in blue is a police officer. The painting is showing the current political American climate and highlighting police brutality. If you look even deeper with the storefronts we see a critique on American consumer culture. We see a child being abducted by an animalistic creature showing that the future is in danger. This is further evidenced by the alien abductions that seem to occurring throughout again showing us that we are headed into a dangerous future with technological advances and our space missions. The painting also features a critique on marriage, modern relationships, and polygamy as shown by the graffiti in the picture that reads "get back I'm married".
:jbhmm:
just don't get what it is you're hoping to achieve. You've been on for like 7 pages heckling. If we all disliked Basquiat's art as much as you're trying to get us to, then what?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
just don't get what it is you're hoping to achieve. You've been on for like 7 pages heckling. If we all disliked Basquiat's art as much as you're trying to get us to, then what?
:dahell: I have like 4 posts in this thread

I haven't even spoken foul on Basquiat :dwillhuh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Cubism European and Realism European.....so once again...the cosign of a specific group.

Yeah, because Europeans gave it a name its distinctly European...sure breh.

Exactly. Dude was a homeless drug addict and no one gave him bread. Now he's dead everyone wants to act as if he's the God of the canvas.

The reality is his paintings are only valuable because he's dead. The art community is a sadistic group of people.

That's true of any creative medium. Death creates the most natural scarcity there is.
The French serve polenta as fine dining. In Jamaica that same polenta is fed to dogs :francis:

Food is an awful example. Almost every chef worth a damn will tell you that some of the most important dishes to perfect and add spins to are the "peasant foods". Even the French acknowledge this.

Ironically, what most c00ns here would consider a good painting would 9/10 times be made by a cac or inspired by European styles.

Basquiat's art is ironically ( and purposely) more close to AFRICAN art.

This is African art:
african-art-1732253_960_720.jpg

African-Art-3.png

68-african-american-artist-Ephrem-Kouakou.jpg

kill these cats breh :wow:

One

Daps
:dahell: I have like 4 posts in this thread

I haven't even spoken foul on Basquiat :dwillhuh:
You have 6 posts in this thread over the course of 11 pages beginning on Page 4 at 2:41 in the morning.

And you were literally just on the last page comparing one of his works to a 3rd grader and criticizing it for not having straight lines.

You done yet? You gone answer the question?

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Can someone give be the backstory on why this warhol is so iconic? All my eyes see is paintings of Campbell soup

from what i remember when doing research on andy is that he wanted to be an art gawd but didn't know how to get there despite him already having a decent line art and colour style , one of his friends told him keep it simple stupid and connect the people, so how do you do that? you create an iconic piece of a cheap item the rich and poor can easily buy, the soup comes in different flavours too so andy played around with the idea of having more variations of art pieces that look the same with just a slight difference, this would be one of the themes for many of his art pieces, basically you would have to be an art school kneega to really understand a few things.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You have 6 posts in this thread over the course of 11 pages beginning on Page 4 at 2:41 in the morning.

And you were literally just on the last page comparing one of his works to a 3rd grader and criticizing it for not having straight lines.

You done yet? You gone answer the question?
And only one of those posts is about a Basquiat piece and yes it does look like a 3rd grader. :umad:

There's some dope shyt by Basquiat in this thread I don't hate that man. I don't hate art, I just think a lot of it is pretentious and the fact that these works go for a $110M is mind boggling.