'Batman v. Superman' Fallout: Warner Bros. Shakes Up Executive Roles (Exclusive)

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
$850 million is not a flop but a movie featuring the two biggest and most popular comic book superheroes in history and the most known female superhero should have done a billion. I loved Dawn of Justice and it's in my top 5 of super hero movies but if DC wants to compete with Marvel they need to make whatever necessary changes.

I love DC but Marvel has a big lead and with Civil War doing a billion DC has their work cut out for them.
They can't compete with Marvel that ship has sailed. They just need to obviously try to make the best movies possible but the DCEU will always be the Burger King to MCU being McDonalds until they both reboot.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
They can't compete with Marvel that ship has sailed. They just need to obviously try to make the best movies possible but the DCEU will always be the Burger King to MCU being McDonalds until they both reboot.

Yep.

They're still needed in the grand scheme of things though, like without being at least a slight competitor to Marvel I imagine Marvel might get lazy lol

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
yes it does

No, you really think WB would give SS a higher budget than BvS? :beli:

A movie about low tier villains having a higher budget than a movie about 3 of the most popular heroes off all time that was delayed twice and took a year to film?

Yeah sure :mjlol:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
It's not a flop but at the same time it didn't make em much money or any at all if the rumors are true bout 450 mil budget cuz 250 make and 250 for advertising

Then that hurts they will need the blu Ray DVD and digital sales to help with more money then

I don't pick sides I did like bvs myself and liked civil war

But when u put so much money into a movie u better make money at the box office

That's why Deadpool made so much money off what a 50 mil budget and grossed 730 worldwide

yeah Deadpool was like wow for Fox. Smh they cut the budget even more before release. That movie, R-rated, would've done a billion easy if it released in China.

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
An official budget has not been made public yet. So unless you work for wb you're talking out of your ass

Basically every site has Bvs budget at over 400 million including marketing. Figure in theater cuts, it basically had to make a billion to be considered a success.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
How can you talk about finance, and not know that revenue is a poor indicator of financial success, especially compared to profit?
How can you try to claim the movie was a success when its performance has led to Snyder effectively being demoted and DC films being made into a real unit by WB executives to guide the universe and the DC film head effectively saying Snyder has no idea what he is talking about.

due to multitude of fucc boii marfool stans like yourself complaining day in and day out

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
In this post I didn't say it made a loss nor a profit.
I said the key to judging a product's success is never going to be revenue but profit. So what the fukk are you talking about?

As for the MCU comparison, MCU is making money hand over fist for Disney, its executives aren't being fired, and its movies are getting bigger and bigger budgets. Is the same thing happening at WB/DC or is it the opposite with complete corporate restructure of film ?

if you wanna compare what you're saying then why didnt no one say ''marvel shouldve rebooted when hulk flopped TWICE'' they didnt start making the BIG MONEY until Avengers, so how many movies in was that ??

OF COURSE at that point it was easy, they had set a brand loyalty, the DCEU is just starting up and nikkas crying at now making a billi on the 2nd movie :dahell:

ya'll sound real dumb

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
As far as artistic vision, I believe DC will win the war against Marvel.

They already are. When people see Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, the world will be :banderas: and she gonna win a damn Oscar for best supporting actress.

When Birds of Prey and Gotham Sirens becomes in film, people really gonna bow down to the DCEU shyt. Only a matter of time.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
if you wanna compare what you're saying then why didnt no one say ''marvel shouldve rebooted when hulk flopped TWICE'' they didnt start making the BIG MONEY until Avengers, so how many movies in was that ??

OF COURSE at that point it was easy, they had set a brand loyalty, the DCEU is just starting up and nikkas crying at now making a billi on the 2nd movie :dahell:

ya'll sound real dumb

Again when you have anthing logical to say with regard to what I posted, feel free to start