Biden canceling another $5 billion in student loans

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
so? Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law for many people who still didn't vote for him in 2012, that doesn't make his actions wrong. Doing the right thing even if they don't personally benefit from it is what we want a politician to do.
Presidents presiding over a bipartisan nation?

Whew the eff does that?

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps

WASHINGTON — In a new wave of student loan forgiveness, the Biden administration is canceling $5 billion in debt for 74,000 borrowers, many of whom worked in public sector jobs for more than a decade.

President Joe Biden said that 44,000 of Friday’s approved borrowers were having their education debt wiped clean after 10 years of public service, and that those borrowers included teachers, nurses and firefighters. Nearly 30,000 borrowers have worked toward repayment for at least 20 years but “never got the relief they earned through income-driven repayment plans,” Biden said in a statement.

It’s the latest round of loan forgiveness efforts after the Supreme Court struck down the White House’s student loan debt relief plan last year. Since the ruling, the White House has launched a series of smaller relief programs.

“My Administration is able to deliver relief to these borrowers — and millions more — because of fixes we made to broken student loan programs that were preventing borrowers from getting relief they were entitled to under the law,” Biden said on Friday.

The new cancelations bring the total number of people who have had debt canceled under the Biden administration to 3.7 million, the White House said.

The administration announced this month that the White House would eliminate federal student debt for certain borrowers who had taken out less than $12,000 in federal loans. In December, Biden approved about $4.8 billion in student debt cancelation for more than 80,000 borrowers.

The Supreme Court struck down Biden's student loan relief plan in June, arguing that the program was unlawful because it was not explicitly approved by Congress. The plan was designed to cancel up to $20,000 in debt for about 43 million eligible borrowers.

Biden said in Friday's statement that "we are continuing to pursue an alternative path to deliver student debt relief to as many borrowers as possible as quickly as possible" in the wake of the Supreme Court's decision.

that's wassup

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is actually necessary for the economy in whole..student loan debt alone has led to a 20 percent decline in homeownership. Hardly anybody millennial and under can afford a home.. This is a huge problem. Americans shouldn’t be blaming each other talking about my tax dollars when this actually will help our economy and giving billions and billions to fund foreign aid is coming out your tax dollars. Them drones… missiles, warships .. all them guns killing kids and funding genocide …From your tax dollars. If my taxes are paying for social security and debt relief to make life better for people here then that atleast makes sense. I don’t even have student debt cuz military paid for it.

With that said he need to legalize marijuana cuz Trump gonna beat him at this rate. It’s not a big enough win as his administration think it is.

it’s not going to help shyt it just a tactic to get votes

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Wife only has a 4k loan which is the only debt we have outside the house. We holding off as long as we can but I'm ready to just clear this thing out. Need to know if he gona go all in an forgive this shyt or not :stopitslime: