Brehs, do you think that your skin tone has affected your dating life?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
:jbhmm:

Many people see colorism as a huge problem in the black community. But we usually only hear about it from black women's perspective. So I thought I thought I'd ask the brehs this time.

Where do you fall on the range from Manute Bol to Steph Curry? How do you feel about your skin tone? And, most importantly, how do you think it has affected your love life?

I'm darkskinned/brownskinned. I have to say both because living in hot ass Miami has given me a CRAZY farmer's tan, and I have dark acne scars:beli:Face/forearm/calf-wise Im dark brown, about the same skin tone as Puff Daddy, but my torso/thighs are the same tone as young Mike Tyson. I never got clowned for my skin growing up, but last March I was in the Turks & Caicos for my bro's wedding and when I went to the beach and took my shirt off my female cousin said "Boy, why are you 6 different skin tones:gucci:" I thought it was hilarious, cuz I'd never noticed it and it was hella funny. I don't mind my farmer's tan, I love the way my skin looks in the sunlight, but I want to get rid of these scars:beli: Anyways, nah, I've never looked at a chick and wondered "Does she like my skin tone?" It does not compute. Mainly because I see dark dudes with all type of ladies. And I mean, the prototypical man we all hear is "tall, dark and handsome" I'm 5'11 and a half barefoot, and possess broad shoulders & a cute smile. What about you brehs?

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
On the skin tone spectrum, I am around the same skin tone as Tyrese.

As for my skin tone being an asset or liability for me..

I will say that it may be a liability for some women, but I think it is more of a personality/lifestyle thing than anythig else.

At the end if the day, I am who I am snd with that comes my skin tone, physical features, personality and lifestyle. Either a woman is going to fukk with me or not.

If a woman prefer men who doesn't look like me, then cool. I wasn't trying to fukk with her like that anyway. If a woman like how I look and act, then cool. Let's get together and see where things go...

In conclusion, I am only interested in those who are interested in me regardless of the reasons. I only fux with those who fux with me. Those who want something else need to go somewhere else..

That is how I see it..*shrugs*

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
The only time I can seriously think of was back in high school when I tried to talk to this lightskinned mixed chick and she told me she didn't like darkskins :ld:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yes, I always preferred deep brown to dark skin woman. I don't care what anyone says a woman skin glowing >>>

(My Experience) Many of them from social images (TV, social media) are either looking for dark skin man or light skin man like it's gonna even shyt out. The common's, drake's, chris brown complexions

Many of these woman tell my friends I that they are surprised or ask if we like dark skin woman
For some reason I'm mostly catch lighter black woman eye but my girl is deep brown, dark skin :yeshrug:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Im a tyrese color...
Ive been analyzing it for a long time...
Chicks being physically attracted to me and how the feel about color....
What ive come up with for the most part is most black women will have sex with whatever the feel is sexy.... dark, light, whatever...
But they mainly want to be wifed by light brown and lightskinned katts.. and i see the same with black men. they will fukk whatever but they want wifeee to be light or exotic...
You have ur few who are just mainly attracted to darkskinned for sex and relationships.... but the majority is what i mentioned above...
I eat well tho... cause im not looking to wife or cuff...
My plate is usually more than enough to complain

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Out of all the women I've ever dated, only dark skin women have ever commented on my skin complexion. And it's only because I'm light skinned:patrice: