Brehs, do you think that your skin tone has affected your dating life?

ThisNameisTaken

Saucy Britches
Daps
Reppin
Yo nikka's House
:jbhmm:

Many people see colorism as a huge problem in the black community. But we usually only hear about it from black women's perspective. So I thought I thought I'd ask the brehs this time.

Where do you fall on the range from Manute Bol to Steph Curry? How do you feel about your skin tone? And, most importantly, how do you think it has affected your love life?

I'm darkskinned/brownskinned. I have to say both because living in hot ass Miami has given me a CRAZY farmer's tan, and I have dark acne scars:beli:Face/forearm/calf-wise Im dark brown, about the same skin tone as Puff Daddy, but my torso/thighs are the same tone as young Mike Tyson. I never got clowned for my skin growing up, but last March I was in the Turks & Caicos for my bro's wedding and when I went to the beach and took my shirt off my female cousin said "Boy, why are you 6 different skin tones:gucci:" I thought it was hilarious, cuz I'd never noticed it and it was hella funny. I don't mind my farmer's tan, I love the way my skin looks in the sunlight, but I want to get rid of these scars:beli: Anyways, nah, I've never looked at a chick and wondered "Does she like my skin tone?" It does not compute. Mainly because I see dark dudes with all type of ladies. And I mean, the prototypical man we all hear is "tall, dark and handsome" I'm 5'11 and a half barefoot, and possess broad shoulders & a cute smile. What about you brehs?

Thank you for posting this thread. Black women have been saying for years that colorism is an issue for black men as well but you guys rarely talk about it for fear of looking "soft" or that colorism plays a role in a lot of the dark skin hate we women get from all sides.

Imma sit in the corner and just observe and absorb.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
A dark brown and used to be clown by black girls occasionally.

But when light skinned headed dudes came out they were:queen:.

The eighties and nineties with tough man:mjcry:
I got the exact opposite

Females were like “I don’t date lightskins” and all that extra shyt.

Never got any smoke about my complexion in dating except from black women. I don’t really date white girls but they didn’t really care what type of black you were.

Every other race never cared that much, it was more of a culture thing than skin thing with them.

And then there were some darker girls that liked me because I was light. I just wanted people to like me because I was me.

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Darker women in my experience wanted the high yellow cats when I was growing up

Funny cuz they were the first to complain about colorism

Im brownskin like Cam’ron complexion

Chicks lighter than me esp high yellow and non black women gravitated to me

Ive dated mostly latinas. The non black ones shown me the most love and were the most aggressive

Thing is I prefer lighterskinned women so I never really lost any sleep over it:yeshrug:

At the end of the day no matter ur skin tone u can bag whatever u want. The level of difficulty is what varied

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Not dark enough to roast & not light skinned enough that people think I'm sensitive and bytch-made

:ahh:

But I think brehs of all shades are eating pretty well.

Some chicks love the light Skin pretty boy nikkas & other chicks love that dark shyt

Everybody can eat :myman:
If u light skin hit the gym

If u dark skin hit the barbershop

Eat

Off the Onion

No tolerance for the fatherless
Daps
The only time I can seriously think of was back in high school when I tried to talk to this lightskinned mixed chick and she told me she didn't like darkskins :ld:

:mjcry: sad to say a lot of mixed girls like that these days. In Florida I see 90% of them only date white guys. Is one of my junk that was said Halle Berry back but she has two white looking mixed kids like Paula Patton.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The only time I can seriously think of was back in high school when I tried to talk to this lightskinned mixed chick and she told me she didn't like darkskins :ld:
Must be where you from because I never in my life heard no shyt like that

Every lightskinned chick I know is with a darkskinned dude except maybe one, my older cousin who married a lightskinned dude.

But EVERY SINGLE ONE unless they were legit from another country. Never have I once seen a lightskin chick holla at a lightskin dude like that. My ex was lightskinned but she was also half filipino and every dude before and after me was dark.

There were exceptions. I’m kinda an exception. Crazy lightskinned dudes are an exception. But thats not regular from my experience.

Latinos it varies, it doesn’t matter that much to them because its more of a culture thing than a shade thing. And there are many more lightskinned/mulatto looking people in their culture like me than there isn’t.

In New Orleans/southern Louisiana its not that noticeable either if you bright but its still noticeable

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I got the exact opposite

Females were like “I don’t date lightskins” and all that extra shyt.

Never got any smoke about my complexion in dating except from black women. I don’t really date white girls but they didn’t really care what type of black you were.

Every other race never cared that much, it was more of a culture thing than skin thing with them.

And then there were some darker girls that liked me because I was light. I just wanted people to like me because I was me.

Had a black chick call me black in 90's and we were almost the same shade :gucci: other than that no issues that I know of.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
why are you 6 different skin tones:gucci:" I thought it was hilarious, cuz I'd never noticed it and it was hella funny. I don't mind my farmer's tan, I love the way my skin looks in

A am about 3 three different colors of brown also, don't take it personal, I did some research I think it is hereditary and not sun, oh yeah those dark acne scars, You need sun block,,, I think the sun makes them darker

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
I am considered dark in summer and caramel in winter. I considered myself dark skin but I was born in New Orleans were we have more color names than brAzilians lol