Brehs who workout get in here.....

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think the plan is solid. You could easily see strength gains in addition to leaning out. 5-7 pounds of muscle in 8 weeks just seems aggressive.

Yea true,maybe 0.5 pounds a week,so a solid 2-4 pounds should be ok,we'll see

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
Is there a substitute for creatine? I get dehydrated as hell:wtf:

I honestly stopped using Creatine because I read studies that said it only improved strength gains by 5-10% and wasn't planning on trying to spend like 30-40 every 2-3 months just for that. I also read that there are conflicts as to whether Creatine additional supplementation leads to HAIR LOSS which is pretty huge imo.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I honestly stopped using Creatine because I read studies that said it only improved strength gains by 5-10% and wasn't planning on trying to spend like 30-40 every 2-3 months just for that. I also read that there are conflicts as to whether Creatine additional supplementation leads to HAIR LOSS which is pretty huge imo.

How accurate you think the study was?

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Y'all clowns get in the gym and shut up
I've posted my pic in that "Men of Coli" thread before. I'm more yoked than you little guy.

You looking for admiration from a bunch of internet nerds though.

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
How accurate you think the study was?
"According to The University of Maryland, creatine monohydrates can help in a number of ways, such as improved fitness and athletic performance, as well treat such conditions as heart disease, muscular dystrophy, Parkinson's disease and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). In spite of the positive effects, it can interfere with hair growth and can even cause hair loss. According to The Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine studies have shown that creatine monohydrate increases the levels of Dihydrotestosterone in your body, an androgen synthesized in the hair follicles which can become a barrier between your hair and hair follicles receiving the nutrients necessary to promote and sustain hair growth, therefore resulting in hair loss."

Creatine And Hair Loss: Myth Or Fact?

"
What were the results of this creatine DHT study?

The group supplementing with creatine showed a 56% increase in DHT levels after the first week of creatine loading (25g per day), with those levels dropping to 40% after the following 2 weeks of creatine maintenance (5g per day).

So, based on the results of the study it would appear fairly clear that creatine supplementation does cause a rise in DHT levels, and that since increased DHT levels contribute to hair loss, creatine should theoretically accelerate the balding process in men."

Theres information that also says otherwise and don't forget hair loss is mainly genetics. But with that said, I would'nt gamble with it in my opinion and just stopped using it. Had no loss in strength on main lifts(from what I can tell)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re not putting on seven pounds of muscle by June assuming you’ve already been lifting for years (unless you haven’t) without some form of a steroid.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You’re not putting on seven pounds of muscle by June assuming you’ve already been lifting for years (unless you haven’t) without some form of a steroid.

No i know I'm not gonna put on 7 pounds of lean muscle in 2 months

But I don't mind putting on 2-4 pounds of muscle and a little good fat,I'm lean so a little fat wouldn't hurt if muscle is added

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps
I was trying to see what people thought of the routine

And which calisthenics sets should I do

Reading is fundamental
That routine is insane you might burn yaself out at that volume if not try burpees in a pyramid starting from 30 counting dwn like 30 29 28
29 28 27 ... And so on til u get to 1

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
When I was doing a calisthenics rotation I was pretty much doing squats, pushups and pullups so I can't advise you on that so much. In between I would throw in some 'holding' ab work e.g. planks or hanging knee raises or whatever. There was a period where I would set a 30 min timer and do as much of a combination of pushups/pullups/squats as I can. Then the next session I would try to beat that number.

If your goal is to lean up, that's more a diet thing than workout. I don't think workouts determine nearly as much in terms of body appearance as a diet will.

That said, further to @Squidward24's point, you will see the best strength gains from those compound lifts. Some people don't like this, but I'm a big fan of the 5x5. I saw my best strength gains through that and you will naturally gain some muscle as well (although slower than if you focused on hypertrophy exclusively). But diet is key to all this.

Well I'm gonna give this a shot and see how it goes,but I am gonna use your advice and throw in some squats with what I'm gonna do,my diet is pretty good,but I'm gonna ramp it up for this next two months and see how it goes

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
yep doing this now, I used to do the typical bodybuilder routine the 4x a week and got really bored with it. Doing Arms/Back , then Chest/Triceps/Then Legs/Then Shoulders or some shyt like that is really boring.

I chose this method also because the gym has been boring as of late and im planning on doing a lot of Ju Jitsu while making/maintaining Strength gains. This schedule is also good if you're also in schoo/work and some days can't be bothered to workout.

Exactly why I'm switching things around,I'm getting a bit bored,so I need something new to get me back super motivated,I'm hoping this is it. My work schedule is crazy so weights is all I can do right now