Bryant Gumbel speaks on his son being arrested and police excuses....

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
ppl need to get off BG back...ive been saying for years he is pro black...watch real sports...he always have stories about racism and he dont hold back on his commentary...why do he get such a bad wrap? because he carry himself with class?

Because to whites AND blacks, not talking in vernacular makes you a sellout. There's a real history to that kind of suspicion, but it's obsolete thinking.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
BG been through hell and back, u can hear the passion in his voice....that man know whats up...black ppl think hes some white washed square, but dude know the game .... u know he had to work 10 times harder than everybody to rise up the ladder
Plus he paved the way for cats like Lester ****, Al Roker, and Tamron Hall's sexy ass.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
On the other hand look at for ex. Boyce Watkins or Michael Eric Dyson they are well educated and speak intelligently but are not white washed - voice or mannerisms.

Some of you need to spend more time reading & less time making assumptions. Boyce Watkins & Michael Eric Dyson families were poor & both were raised in low income, urban communities while Gumbel's family was affluent & raised in Hyde Park, Chicago which is a middle class, multicultural neighborhood (especially during the 50's - 60's.). Also Gumbel's father was a judge, who put himself through law school & graduated 2nd in his class from Georgetown. So based on Bryant Gumbel's rearing & living/social environment as a child/teen-ager, this is more indicative of Gumbel's so called "white demeanor" as opposed to him actually being a "white washed" c00n or uncle tom.

"As a leader, he was the first black to hold office in a national Catholic student organization. As a father, he was both strict and kind. While rearing his four children in the racially mixed neighborhood of Hyde Park, near the University of Chicago, he not only wouldn't let them get away with bad grammar, but he also wouldn't let their friends get away with it. ''He was very hard to impress,'' says Bryant's brother, Greg, 42, a sportscaster with the Madison Square Garden Network and, starting with football season, with CBS. ''A C should have been a B, and a B should have been an A, and if it was an A, why wasn't it an A before this?''

The Mourning Anchor: Bryant Gumbel is alone at the top with the memory of his late father

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Either he's a c00n is or he ain't. Don't try to wiggle out of the criteria you set now!
bytch ass lil boy , dont try to tell me about my standards on who's a c00n and who aint . I told you your answer . You must be a c00n yourself. Ol c00n Lao ass nikka. Ugly ass prolly been roasted yo whole life and couldnt take it anymore

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
bytch ass lil boy , dont try to tell me about my standards on who's a c00n and who aint . I told you your answer . You must be a c00n yourself. Ol c00n Lao ass nikka

Your "standards" looking funny in the light & you're backtracking fukk nikka!

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Your "standards" looking funny in the light & you're backtracking fukk nikka!

How am I backtracking you dumb Spanky Johnson lookin ass nikka? Is he married to a white woman? If you know he is , then why ask me a question you know the answer to? Go eat yo Goldfish you simple ass wheelchair rider

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
How am I backtracking you dumb Spanky Johnson lookin ass nikka? Is he married to a white woman? If you know he is , then why ask me a question you know the answer to? Go eat yo Goldfish you simple ass wheelchair rider

You backtracking & copping pleas now stupid bytch!

:usure:

So is Harry Belafonte a c00n also?

:sas1:

He can apply for the grandfathered exception being 88 . Anybody else?

So like I remarked lame, you wishy washy like a bytch, as you stated ANY "black man that marries a white woman is a c00n'.

So again is Harry Belafonte a c00n or not? Let's see if you're a man or a little p*ssy who's going to cower like a hoe & come up with another bullshyt comment because you don't want to really answer the question.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
when one of the whitest black men
in captivity start droppin gospel you
know shyts real.
:ohlawd:

wat6rr.jpg

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
You backtracking & copping pleas now stupid bytch!

So like I remarked lame, you wishy washy like a bytch, as you stated ANY "black man that marries a white woman is a c00n'.

So again is Harry Belafonte a c00n or not? Let's see if you're a man or a little p*ssy who's going to cower like a hoe & come up with another bullshyt comment because you don't want to really answer the question.

:mjlol:So if you know I stated that , why would yo gizzard eatin ass ask me if he's a c00n? Aint his wife white? Isnt that a rhetorical question? get on smelly ass nikka. You must be one of those country nikkas . Yo new name is Koon Lao :umad:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Some of you need to spend more time reading & less time making assumptions. Boyce Watkins & Michael Eric Dyson families were poor & both were raised in low income, urban communities while Gumbel's family was affluent & raised in Hyde Park, Chicago which is a middle class, multicultural neighborhood (especially during the 50's - 60's.). Also Gumbel's father was a judge, who put himself through law school & graduated 2nd in his class from Georgetown. So based on Brian Gumbel's rearing & living/social environment as a child/teen-ager, this is more indicative of Gumbel's so called "white demeanor" as opposed to him actually being a "white washed" c00n or uncle tom.

"As a leader, he was the first black to hold office in a national Catholic student organization. As a father, he was both strict and kind. While rearing his four children in the racially mixed neighborhood of Hyde Park, near the University of Chicago, he not only wouldn't let them get away with bad grammar, but he also wouldn't let their friends get away with it. ''He was very hard to impress,'' says Bryant's brother, Greg, 42, a sportscaster with the Madison Square Garden Network and, starting with football season, with CBS. ''A C should have been a B, and a B should have been an A, and if it was an A, why wasn't it an A before this?''

The Mourning Anchor: Bryant Gumbel is alone at the top with the memory of his late father

So...

According to your logic every affluent Black talks and acts like Gumbel ...

Stop it ...

We both know that this is far from true.

You choose to speak a certain way

And the most economically deprived of us can code switch and speak 'job interview' when we have to ...