Cam'ron & Ma$e Argue DMX Was A Better Rapper Than 2Pac: '[He] Had More Than 'Pac

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
If you are a simple freestyle/ bars type of person then yes, it’s X if that’s your taste.

Purely as an overall artist, Pac is infinitely better.

I have not heard any of these New Yokers redo a DMX song, but I can point out who continually used, stole, and remade PAC’s music.

Also, How’s It Going Down stole it’s whole steeze from R U Still Down.

Jay-Z Stan’s should not be in this thread giving their input but yet here we go again.
X was far from a simple freestyle/bars type person. Ain’t no way you listened to a whole X album and came away with that
:heh:

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Both were iconic. However, Pac and X were more alike.

Both had that raw, energetic, in your face type of vibe

Both had experience in cinema movie roles

Pac had more versatility because he songs talked about mother's love (Dear Mama), appreciation of women, poverty, conscious of being black in America (Keep Your Head Up) teenage pregnancy (Brenda Got a Baby)

However, X had one of the greatest songs dealing coping with depression, addiction and stress (Slippin), the GOAT pumped up street anthem (Ruff Ryders Anthem), songs for the bytches (What These bytches Want), classic party anthem (Up in Here), spiritual storytelling (especially his first two), gospel records (Lord Give Me a Sign)

California Love can go neck to neck with Ruff Ryders Anthem. Both songs were deeply embedded in pop culture.

DMX isn't a lyricist? X's in the Early 90's before X changed in 94' X had the Spellbound style

^^ You can hear the BDK influence

DMX couldn't make songs about his mom because his mom wasn't in his life. He did dedicate a song to his late grandma

The interesting thing is X was supposed to sign to Death Row. Irv and Ruff Ryders went to Cali
320446184_1284218768977703_6470168902452861812_n.jpg

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Y'all always pull this out the playbook.

Might as well add they "feared him in the physical form."
Who’s y’all? Damn near every week I see something on social media or here bashing Pac. He’s been dead almost 30 years, they need to let it go.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Who’s y’all? Damn near every week I see something on social media or here bashing Pac. He’s been dead almost 30 years, they need to let it go.
Fear of his talent and knowing how hard they work, they can't emulate it to get his level of world wide respect

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Naa breh …. As far as lyrical yeah pac was never looked at in the same league as say big or nass etc … but I do feel x and pac were pretty even … that’s just my opinion… but like I said pac has way more classics and better albums in my view … plus breh pac died in 96 his official career started in 91 … dmx had officially been in the same since what 98 as far as been known n died last year that’s over 20 years n I still think pac had way better songs etc … I agree with you on a lot of stuff when we debate on the forums but this one we gona have to agree to disagree breh respect !! I do feel like there is a slight bias tho as far as cam and mase … it’s different when you know someone who is a great artist personally… just like a lot of people at deathrow or people who were around pac who say he’s the greatest or rate him higher then everyone that bias sticks with you … ….

i just don’t believe cam & mase are bias
I truly believe it all boils down to pac being a below average MC
…. if you take the elements of what it is to be a MC from flow , cadence, similes, metaphors, punchlines, wordplay etc. etc. he is below average in every single facet …

and finally this whole thing about using the term better artist is kinda weak … and seems the only reason this term is brought up, is to propel him because he lacks the essential skills … I mean I can’t ever remembering a hip-hop debate on who is the best, and some are saying KRS-One, others are saying Big Daddy Kane others are saying Rakim , others are saying LL Cool J (with using him being the so-called better “artist” in their argumen)

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
x versatility is crazy

Dude gives u
classic posse cuts
Classic storytelling
Classic love songs
Songs about jesus
Songs about the devil
Thee most introspective song ever
Classic Party records
Classic Street Records
Classic records where he blacks out
It mos def is but in this argument he’s going up against the most versatile rap artist of all time :pachaha: At some point the general consensus has to count for something. Pacs music has stood the test of time. DMX music has too but not on the level of Pacs.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When did this happen? Lol nobody was saying this before X passed but now he’s better? Foh..

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps

Pac had more versatility because he songs talked about mother's love (Dear Mama), appreciation of women, poverty, conscious of being black in America (Keep Your Head Up) teenage pregnancy (Brenda Got a Baby)

However, X had one of the greatest songs dealing coping with depression, addiction and stress (Slippin), the GOAT pumped up street anthem (Ruff Ryders Anthem), songs for the bytches (What These bytches Want), classic party anthem (Up in Here), spiritual storytelling (especially his first two), gospel records (Lord Give Me a Sign)

California Love can go neck to neck with Ruff Ryders Anthem. Both songs were deeply embedded in pop culture.

DMX isn't a lyricist? X's in the Early 90's before X changed in 94' X had the Spellbound style

DMX couldn't make songs about his mom because his mom wasn't in his life. He did dedicate a song to his late grandma

The interesting thing is X was supposed to sign to Death Row. Irv and Ruff Ryders went to Cali

I always wondered why pac wasn’t in the photo with suge n them and why dmx wasn’t in this picture with suge n them either ……

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
i just don’t believe cam & mase are bias
I truly believe it all boils down to pac being a below average MC
…. if you take the elements of what it is to be a MC from flow , cadence, similes, metaphors, punchlines, wordplay etc. etc. he is below average in every single facet …

and finally this whole thing about using the term better artist is kinda weak … and seems the only reason this term is brought up, is to propel him because he lacks the essential skills … I mean I can’t ever remembering a hip-hop debate on who is the best, and some are saying KRS-One, others are saying Big Daddy Kane others are saying Rakim , others are saying LL Cool J (with using him being the so-called better “artist” in their argumen)
We’ll agree to disagree breh on this topic respect

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
Speaking ov pac n dmx that’s surreal that pac and dmx was in reaching distance of each other as dmx told the story on drink champs when he saw pac walk past him and his man’s in l.a in 95/96 pac was dolo apparently obviously pac wouldn’t have a clue who dmx was back then just a crazy moment to have the 2 Greats within reaching distance ov each other